• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • novaspeedbagger
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2010

novabaggin -

I have been working on improving my skills after being inspired by viewing many of the videos by forum baggers as well as others out there on you tube. So it's time for me to add a bit of baggin to the archives!
    Last edited by novaspeedbagger; 10-18-2010, 08:33 PM.
    Novaspeedbagger
  • RenoRattler
    • Sep 2009

Nice work Nova!!!!! Great form and lots of control! Keep it up bro!

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Yes, picture perfect form the front to back linking is fantastic. Your entire arm stays perfectly level, which is how it is supposed to be done. Speed and power too. Very good consistency, you kept it going at the same speed for most of the clip. A few mis-hits, but no big deal, we all mis-hit (except for Skunk LOL). Great recovery when it does happen, you don't lose composure you just pick up where you left off. Very nicely done.
      Last edited by Tim; 09-12-2010, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2010

Thanks Reno! You and the other forum baggers have me studying your techniques in the video posts so I just learn as much as I can from you all! Keep it baggin!
        Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Aug 2010

Thanks for the specific feedback Tim! I'll be sure to try and maintain my strenghs while concentrating on areas that need improvement.

Great job on Speed B.A.G. 2010! You all did an awesome job baggin and shooting video!
          Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• jumpcannon
            Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Sweet vid! You got skillz!!!!!!
            evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• fingers
              Speed Bag Guru
              • May 2008

Great work Nova!! very tight and precise!!

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Aug 2010

Thanks alot...saw your vids and am very impressed with your skillz as well! Thanks for the motivating comments!
                Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2010

Thanks fingers! Still need a lot of work but that's all part of the addiction to baggin...BTW I like how you modify swivels to your likin...I've been tinkering around with costomized swivels myself after reading your posts. I found some shower hooks at home depot $7/dozen which included a brass ball on each hook partially drilled. I'll post some photos soon. After I read your post on converting a door nob to a ball hook swivel, I had to give it a try....Cool post man!
                  Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• fingers
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                    Thanks fingers! Still need a lot of work but that's all part of the addiction to baggin...BTW I like how you modify swivels to your likin...I've been tinkering around with costomized swivels myself after reading your posts. I found some shower hooks at home depot $7/dozen which included a brass ball on each hook partially drilled. I'll post some photos soon. After I read your post on converting a door nob to a ball hook swivel, I had to give it a try....Cool post man!
                    Nova! did you catch the video of the door-knob swivel in action? works really well! the shower hook sounds interesting i will look out for your video.. great idea

Comment

• Speedbag
                      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Punching looks dead on to me. Perfect in form and function. Nice arm positions and movement. Onward!
                      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                      The Quest Continues...
                      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Aug 2010

Shower hook swivel is being used in my baggin video

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                        Nova! did you catch the video of the door-knob swivel in action? works really well! the shower hook sounds interesting i will look out for your video.. great idea
                        Actually, I am using the swivel made from the shower hook ball in the baggin video I posted above to start this thread. Works great for me so far.

I also, posted some pics of the creation process yesterday with some brief descriptions on each picture.

The thread is titled: "make a nova-swivel from shower curtain hooks Yo!"

Check it out if you get a chance! Click image for larger version

Name:	custom ball hook swivel from chain link type07.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	87773 try the link below it should take you straight to the thread post.

Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Aug 2010

Thanks Alan! Just wait till I get The Speed Bag Bible! Hopefully I'll improve some and then I can talk some speedbag lingo jive with you baggers lol! Some times now when I read posts I am clueless to the terminology, but that'll improve soon!
                          Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Feb 2010

Impressive stuff Novabagger! Like everyone has said you've got good technique so you'll be adding to your skills with new combos in no time. Took me ages to learn side punches, and you make it look easy!!

Have you tried other bags yet or is the Everlast your favourite? Looking forward to more videos, thanks for posting.

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
                              Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

I dunno!!!! But that was awesome!

whoop whoop great video. I thought everything looked pretty good man. All your punches looking relaxed but firm, Just the way the bag loves it!! But dont be afraid to crack a smile lol Keep it baggin
                              SpeedBagSkunk

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...