• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Baggist
    Vert Baggin' Master
    • May 2009

Vert with Spins

Tried vert baggin a couple of months ago and here is a vid update. I finally landed a couple of spinning double elbows. Thanks for watching!
  • jimcaher
    • Feb 2010

Daniel,
    You continue to amaze me. I'm not sure whether your double bumping fosters your contolled style (short hits with no extra extension), or whether it's the other way around. On the assumption that it's the former, I've been working on double bumping to see it it leads me to hit "smaller."

What do you think of the Atomic bag? At the moment, I don't find hitting it to be very satisfying. One thing's for sure though, after hitting the Atomic for a while, returning to the black and yellow Everlast feels like hitting bag filed with sand.

Jim

Comment

• juxt
      Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

impressive vert baggin man. i gotta try this.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Great vert baggin!
        Incorporating the knee is killer!
        I have mine up , but it's not in studs... It lasted 5 minutes or less..
        I gotta get it together....
        BaGO N

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Spins!?!?! Double bumps ?!?!? and Knees ! all on a vert bag. That was great! I am seriously impressed. You've really caught on to the vert bag and ran with it!

I gotta get a better vert bag setup . Mine is a bit too unstable I'm thinking (Yes - I'm going to fall back to blaming the equipment) as I've not been able to make a huge amount of progress.

What height is your vert bag mounted at and what height are you? (apologies in advance if I've already asked and you told me this, but I don't remember what the answer was). What size bag is that?

You just earned yourself a custom user title.
          Last edited by Tim; 09-08-2010, 07:08 AM.

Comment

• The Baggist
            Vert Baggin' Master
            • May 2009

Originally posted by jimcaher View Post
            Daniel,
            You continue to amaze me. I'm not sure whether your double bumping fosters your contolled style (short hits with no extra extension), or whether it's the other way around. On the assumption that it's the former, I've been working on double bumping to see it it leads me to hit "smaller."

What do you think of the Atomic bag? At the moment, I don't find hitting it to be very satisfying. One thing's for sure though, after hitting the Atomic for a while, returning to the black and yellow Everlast feels like hitting bag filed with sand.

Jim
            Thanks Jim!!! I would say the lighter bags are an acquired taste but when I started hitting bags like the Rival 6x4, the Top Contender, and now the Atomics, I didn't enjoy them too much either, but after sticking with them for a while you start to feel them out. I would say the best thing to do is switch bags often and learn each ones personality and then its easier to control any bag.

Originally posted by juxt View Post
            impressive vert baggin man. i gotta try this.
            Thanks for the kind words Juxt!!! Yeah get a board up on the wall ASAP!! You will love it!!

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
            Great vert baggin!
            Incorporating the knee is killer!
            I have mine up , but it's not in studs... It lasted 5 minutes or less..
            I gotta get it together....
            BaGO N
            THanks Brian!!! I seen the pick of your crazy speed bag laboratory(very cool)! Hope to see more vert and drum punching soon!!

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            Spins!?!?! Double bumps ?!?!? and Knees ! all on a vert bag. That was great! I am seriously impressed. You've really caught on to the vert bag and ran with it!

I gotta get a better vert bag setup . Mine is a bit too unstable I'm thinking (Yes - I'm going to fall back to blaming the equipment) as I've not been able to make a huge amount of progress.

What height is your vert bag mounted at and what height are you? (apologies in advance if I've already asked and you told me this, but I don't remember what the answer was). What size bag is that?

You just earned yourself a custom user title.
            Thanks as always Tim!!! I think what helped me out is I hung my vert bag a little higher than most because I wanted to incorporate double bagging into it. My Vert bag is hung at 4'3" an I am 5'9" so it is a little under chest height(sternum). It makes Knees and feet a lot harder but it opens up some other moves and is a lot easier on the back!!! The bag is my Cansco big bag and I think its a about the size of an Everlast 4210. Not sure if I quite earned the title yet with all the awesome vert baggin thats been goin on but I appreciate it!!!!!

Comment

• paranday
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2009

Speechless !

Comment

• The Baggist
                Vert Baggin' Master
                • May 2009

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                Speechless !
                Thanks Paranday!!!!

Comment

• fingers
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • May 2008

Impressive stuff Bagist!!

Comment

• deano
                    Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

I gotta get one of these mounted also,had a quick go at SB2010 for the first time and found it a real challenge , but in your case Daniel, the 40 truck fully
                    loaded freight train at speed continues on a path of destruction.

Comment

• The Baggist
                      Vert Baggin' Master
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                      Impressive stuff Bagist!!
                      Thanks Fingers!!!!
                      Originally posted by deano View Post
                      I gotta get one of these mounted also,had a quick go at SB2010 for the first time and found it a real challenge , but in your case Daniel, the 40 truck fully
                      Ha Ha Thanks Deano!!!!! Yeah you will pick it up VERY fast!!!! First couple of sessions are kinda tricky cause the "sweet spots" are a little different but once you get used to it most of the same combos are possible plus many more. Can't wait to see how your "Aussie style" translates to the vert!!!!

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                        Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

How's it going Deano? How's your dad doing? You should get a vertical bag going. I guess with bags hanging down in the northern hemisphere and hanging up in the southern hemisphere we can meet in the middle with them hanging vertical and will all be even trying to learn something new. Keep on elbow baggin!!!

Comment

• deano
                          Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

hey Greg ,yeh all is good,and the old bloke is punching like a house on fire,the trip to NJ has really spurred him on ,he punches a couple of times a day, just
                          short bursts,a few new moves he's working on,and also Alans style which he is really enjoying.had to take the nail gun up and modify his platform for him,so maybe I;ll try to get a vid in the not to distant future and get it on the forum.
                          It was great meeting you and having a punch and a yak,will definitley do it again
                          at some time in the future.take it easy mate .deano

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                            Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Deano, glad to hear the old bloke is hard at it. Have seen on the forum where some folks are talking about making it down under. Would be great if they do and would love to see some pics and vids of it. I know they will love it. I've mentioned to Tim an idea of using maybe google earth or something to show the location of baggers around the world and points of interest to baggers. Don't know how much work it would be but would be cool to show you guys on the map.

Comment

• Speedbag
                              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

hey Greg ,yeh all is good,and the old bloke is punching like a house on fire,the trip to NJ has really spurred him on ,he punches a couple of times a day, just
                              short bursts,a few new moves he's working on,and also Alans style which he is really enjoying.had to take the nail gun up and modify his platform for him,so maybe I;ll try to get a vid in the not to distant future and get it on the forum.
                              It was great meeting you and having a punch and a yak,will definitley do it again at some time in the future.take it easy mate .deano
                              Hey Deano, you guys got Yak in Australia? Whoa, Texas has to get a few of those....

just pulling your digeridoo mate. Here's a little digeridoo drumming. I want to get one of those and call it "World Punch Drumming". I imagine BT could have a ball with this.

Tell hi to dad and hope all is well.
                              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                              The Quest Continues...
                              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...