• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • novaspeedbagger
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2010

Bayou Baggin

Although it's around 99 degrees F with 100% Humidity, I am working on some 3-5+ punch fist rolls linked to more fist rolls on a quickly built outdoor platfrom.

The original platform was deteriorating from the weather. After getting some advice from the forum baggers, this is the final product.

I also posted some better pics in an album as well as on "The do it your selfers" group wall.

http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/group.php?groupid=2 (Do it your selfers)

It's a little rough, but I didn't want to invest too much time into it. I will see how it holds up when I visit again in the coming year round Christmas and again next summer.

Thanks Paranday, Piefurz, MsDeville and Mrs. Mitts for the info on the outdoor platform Thread.

Let's see if it brings about some interesting designs. MsDevill, I check out the platform you refer to on youtube. Very nice quality on the platforms. Also, your speed bagging has greatly improved from the early videos!!! Well done

Last edited by novaspeedbagger; 08-08-2010, 01:14 AM.
    Novaspeedbagger
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
    Although it's around 99 degrees F with 100% Humidity, I am working on some 3-5+ punch fist rolls linked to more fist rolls on a quickly built outdoor platfrom.

The original platform was deteriorating from the weather. After getting some advice from the forum baggers, this is the final product.

I also posted some better pics in an album as well as on "The do it your selfers" group wall.

http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/group.php?groupid=2 (Do it your selfers)

It's a little rough, but I didn't want to invest too much time into it. I will see how it holds up when I visit again in the coming year round Christmas and again next summer.

Thanks Paranday, Piefurz, MsDeville and Mrs. Mitts for the info on the outdoor platform Thread.

Let's see if it brings about some interesting designs. MsDevill, I check out the platform you refer to on youtube. Very nice quality on the platforms. Also, your speed bagging has greatly improved from the early videos!!! Well done

Hey, welcome to the forum, that's a very innovative platform design.

Unfortunately, I can't view the video, it says it's private and I need to be a Friend before I can see it. I wasn't able to figure out what your handle is on YouTube to send you a friend request, i'm tplatt though. Can you send me a friend request?

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2010

Bayou Baggin video should be enabled now

Thanks for welcoming me into the forum Tim! Great Job setting it up and allowing all visitors the benefits of the info. I have learned a tremendous amount in very short period of time visiting as a guest, but I figure it's time to become part of the community of baggers! I believe I have made the necessary corrections so that my you tube video can be viewed by anyone who has the link.

I am still very much a novice with the social web networks like youtube, facebook etc. but I'll learn as I go.

I am very impressed with your self standing speedbag platform and I'll probably use the photo's you posted to make some additions to the one I have in my garage back in Virginia when I return from vacation.

I also appreciate the videos posted by all the baggers at speedbag 2010.

Keep it Baggin
      Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• spinsmashpop
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Good stuff...but I'd raise the bag a little... it's inches under your chin and I have a feeling your reverse punching and linking will be smoother if you don't have to "duck" your hands under to get behind bag.
        And also, try to keep your hands up more. The more speed, the more combos, the more necessary to get used to having the hands ready to fly!
        BAG ON!
        Last edited by spinsmashpop; 08-08-2010, 08:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Aug 2010

Will do!

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
          Good stuff...but I'd raise the bag a little... it's inches under your chin and I have a feeling your reverse punching and linking will be smoother if you don't have to "duck" your hands under to get behind bag.
          And also, try to keep your hands up more. The more speed, the more combos, the more necessary to get used to having the hands ready to fly!
          BAG ON!
          Thanks for the advice! I will be sure to implement your tips and make those adjustments.

I've viewed some of your videos as well as the speedbag 2010 clips that are posted. Watching the videos posted by you forum baggers has got me motivated to improve my skills and fitness level by doing a whole lotta speedbagging.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	speed bagger.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	87749

Thanks again!
          Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            Hey, welcome to the forum, that's a very innovative platform design.

Unfortunately, I can't view the video, it says it's private and I need to be a Friend before I can see it. I wasn't able to figure out what your handle is on YouTube to send you a friend request, i'm tplatt though. Can you send me a friend request?
            OK, Fist Rolling Practice. Long ago they wrote a song about that:

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling, keep those fists a rolling, though your fists are swollen, Punch on. Rain and Wind and weather, fists striking leather, keepin' my bags there by my side...

All the things I'm missing, the weight room I'm a dissin', are waiting at the end of the line, "move 'em on, keep 'em up, keep 'em up, move 'em on, keep 'em up, move 'em out, Roll on,

Roll 'em out, Roll 'em in, step around with a spin, Roll em out, Roll 'em in, from the side..."

You can see that later an American Western TV show used this tune. All because of a little known secret: One of the production crew was a closet bagger (it wasn't in vogue back then..) and never told anyone. He knew the song, re-wrote the words from bag punching to cow punching, and pitched it to the producers...... and the rest, as they say - is history.

Least way, that's what I heard.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              ...All because of a little known secret: One of the production crew was a closet bagger (it wasn't in vogue back then..) and never told anyone. He knew the song, re-wrote the words from bag punching to cow punching, and pitched it to the producers...... and the rest, as they say - is history.
              He also worked for Everlast, secretly. He's the guy with the branding iron that said Genuine Cowhide. Got paid two cents a bag. Least ways, that's what I heard.

Comment

• fingers
                Speed Bag Guru
                • May 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                OK, Fist Rolling Practice. Long ago they wrote a song about that:

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling, keep those fists a rolling, though your fists are swollen, Punch on. Rain and Wind and weather, fists striking leather, keepin' my bags there by my side...

All the things I'm missing, the weight room I'm a dissin', are waiting at the end of the line, "move 'em on, keep 'em up, keep 'em up, move 'em on, keep 'em up, move 'em out, Roll on,

Roll 'em out, Roll 'em in, step around with a spin, Roll em out, Roll 'em in, from the side..."

You can see that later an American Western TV show used this tune. All because of a little known secret: One of the production crew was a closet bagger (it wasn't in vogue back then..) and never told anyone. He knew the song, re-wrote the words from bag punching to cow punching, and pitched it to the producers...... and the rest, as they say - is history.

Least way, that's what I heard.
                Brilliant AK!!! i remember that show from my distant childhood we even had it over here in the UK!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...