X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruce
    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
    Good stuff all around! The next thing to do is to loosen up a bit and relax!
    You have the chops, now take a breather and try to be a bit more circular.
    ALan Kahn and Skunk are the kings at that... as is Dee Pooler.... and Punch Professor and The Baggist..
    BAG ON! don't DRAG ON!
    That's good advice... I do have a tendency to chop and will definitely work on relaxing and flowing more in a circular motion. Thanks for the feedback!

Originally posted by Biff View Post
    Wow, Bruce, very impressive video. You are looking pretty sharp - nice combos, good control. Very nice overall.
    Thanks, Biff.... as always, it's a work in progress. I watch you guys on here, and it's really an inspiration to keep working at it.

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
    Nice baggin'! I love Bullet For My Valentine! Of I love pretty much all things metal!Keep those videos comin'
    Yeah, I heard it on the radio a few weeks ago, and thought it had a really nice beat to it... How's your U-Bolt workin' out for ya? I've since retreated back to my ball and hook.

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
    Way to go Bruce! Looking good on everything! Nice Doubles (reverses), the Downward
    Triples, fistrolls etc. Have you punched the ball/hook swiv? Just wondered how you like the comparison. Keep up the good work!
    Thank you, sir. I started out with the ball-hook swivel, but when I moved to a smaller bag, the swivel didn't handle the transition to the 4x6 bag too well, and it literally broke into pieces two days later.

I've since purchased another ball and hook, and put the larger bag back on. I may not be able to get it going quite as fast, but I really missed the side double punches (couldn't keep them going on the U-bolt) and the hook punches...

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
      I had originally intended to add "Party Like a Rockstar" by the Shop Boyz... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IbV_aPsQ1I but instead accidentally added my wife's Prima J's "Rockstar" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibb15n_QNwE which as it turns out, didn't quite have same effect.
      Haha funny

I have to say, I was pretty impressed with the Black and Gold bag and it's performance. I actually reverted back to the larger, over inflated, 10x6, because I think I honestly get a better arm workout using it. Punching it over the last few days, though, it feels like I'm punching a basketball in comparison to the black and gold.
      Black and gold is a good bag, no doubt about that.

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Bruce View Post

Yeah, I heard it on the radio a few weeks ago, and thought it had a really nice beat to it... How's your U-Bolt workin' out for ya? I've since retreated back to my ball and hook.

I really missed the side double punches (couldn't keep them going on the U-bolt) and the hook punches...
        If you like Bullet For My Valentine, try these guys out. I'm diggin' the U-BOLT quite alot actually. Side punching takes some practice. I haven't abandoned the ball hook just yet.
        sigpic

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Feb 2010

Hey Bruce, enjoyed your video, it's all coming along great!! You've got a lot of different combos down already. In fact, I need to go and practice more!

Funny about the music, I have to say the current track on the video is my favourite by far. Actually, I need to check this band out!

Have fun and keep baggin'

Comment

• metaldad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
            Hey Bruce, enjoyed your video, it's all coming along great!! You've got a lot of different combos down already. In fact, I need to go and practice more!

Funny about the music, I have to say the current track on the video is my favourite by far. Actually, I need to check this band out!

Have fun and keep baggin'
            That's Bullet For My Valentine Mrs M. They're from England (Don't know which part) and they absolutely tear it up! Their album "Scream Aim Fire " is a favorite of mine.
            sigpic

Comment

• deano
              Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

top stuff Bruce,real good mix,and its always harder when the camera is on

Comment

• Bruce
                • Dec 2009

Originally posted by deano View Post
                top stuff Bruce,real good mix,and its always harder when the camera is on

Thank you. Your bagging is legendary and an inspiration to us all. I appreciate the positive feedback.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...