• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Metaldad gets a U-BOLT!!

Found an Everlast U-bolt swivel pretty cheap at Play It Again Sports...quick clip trying it out....this thing is WICKED FAST!!

Last edited by metaldad; 07-31-2010, 06:30 PM.
    sigpic
  • Mrs Mitts
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Feb 2010

Nice clip metaldad!!

Now, I've never tried this sort of swivel and now.. I feel the need for speed!!:

Wonder if you can get one of these in the UK?

Comment

• metaldad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2007

Thanks Mrs M! I'm sure you can find it or an equivalent in your neck of the woods. If I am not mistaken, fingers has one. Be warned: it IS really fast and side hits are challenging!
      sigpic

Comment

• Roc Stone
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2007

...Quiet too.
        sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Smooooth!

Scissorshand will be proud!
          So, are you a convert? The thing I like about the U-bolt is that you can do more reps in a workout because there's a little less resistance, or something like that... probably because of the bearings in the upper part of the swivel? And, it's not like you CAN'T do side punches using it. It's just a little trickier, right? (I wouldn't know... I can't do side punches on an S-hook OR a U-bolt! )
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• SpeedBagScissorhands
            Spin Master

• Aug 2008

way to go buddy! welcome to the dark side!!!! speed bag scissorhands!

Comment

• metaldad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
              ...Quiet too.
              You're right about that! Veeeeeerrrrrrry quiet.

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
              Scissorshand will be proud!
              So, are you a convert? The thing I like about the U-bolt is that you can do more reps in a workout because there's a little less resistance, or something like that... probably because of the bearings in the upper part of the swivel? And, it's not like you CAN'T do side punches using it. It's just a little trickier, right? (I wouldn't know... I can't do side punches on an S-hook OR a U-bolt! )
              Yes I think I'm becoming a convert! I have long wanted to try one out and now that I have..........WOW. Side hitting is just gonna bit more practice. The ball bearings make a huge difference as well as the swing of the U-joint! That's why it's a professional swivel eh?

Originally posted by SpeedBagScissorhands;221y42
              way to go buddy! welcome to the dark side!!!! speed bag scissorhands!
              Hahahaha! "What is thy bidding my master?"
              sigpic

Comment

• Bruce
                • Dec 2009

You and I must have seen the same sale, and picked up the same Everlast swivel. The side double punching and reverse riveting don't work quite as smooth as with the ball hook, but definitely a lot faster, like you said.

Comment

• metaldad
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                  You and I must have seen the same sale, and picked up the same Everlast swivel. The side double punching and reverse riveting don't work quite as smooth as with the ball hook, but definitely a lot faster, like you said.
                  The amazing thing was actually finding it in a store first of all and for less than $ 20.00 on top of that!! Side hitting and reverse are most definitely challenging but not impossible. Just check out how easy scissorhands makes it look! Of course that's setting the bar SUPER high!
                  sigpic

Comment

• goju
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post

Wonder if you can get one of these in the UK?
                    I think the only way to get one here in the Uk mitts is to get one off Ebay.com. There are a few sellers that are prepared to ship to the Uk... Have been thinking of getting one so i can take the guts out and put a ball hook inside.

Comment

• Tim
                      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by goju View Post
                      I think the only way to get one here in the Uk mitts is to get one off Ebay.com. There are a few sellers that are prepared to ship to the Uk... Have been thinking of getting one so i can take the guts out and put a ball hook inside.
                      If you can't get one in the UK yet, you should be able to soon. That model swivel is going to be Everlast's entry level swivel going forward. It's the only thing the retail stores carry here now. Bye bye ball hook

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...