• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Title Platinum Atomic XS vs Title Classic 8x5

Please note this is the XS atomic bag, not the XXS atomic bag (I have one of those on order though). The XS is approx. the same size as the Ringside Top Contender that is sold as 7x4 dimensions, although Title bills it as a 7x5.

This particular bag is hard to find on Title's site, because it's only listed under "New" products, not under the general speed bag section. Here's a direct link: http://store.titleboxing.com/title-p...peed-bags.html
    Last edited by Tim; 07-12-2010, 10:10 PM.
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Two very different bags, thanks for posting this.

Comment

• The Baggist
      Vert Baggin' Master
      • May 2009

Tim!!!!! you are just shredding that bag. Awesome combos man!!! I got the xs and the xxs a couple of days ago. I am loving the xxs, it is very responsive for a tiny bag even though the Rival 6x4 is still smaller. Haven't had much time on the xs yet.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
        Tim!!!!! you are just shredding that bag. Awesome combos man!!!
        Thanks man.

I got the xs and the xxs a couple of days ago.
        My XXS is coming via UPS this week

I am loving the xxs, it is very responsive for a tiny bag even though the Rival 6x4 is still smaller.
        Damn, are you serious? Can you post some static comparison shots, or better yet a video. I figured the xxs had to be about the same as the rival.

Comment

• sparrky37
          • Jan 2010

DUDE you were narrating great job! I can never get over your spaghetti finger style. I can believe this starting at 3:30 on your left outwrd elbow you completely open your hand, that's pretty amazing to me that you are able to somewhat make a fist in that split second to follow. Really cool!

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by sparrky37 View Post
            DUDE you were narrating great job!
            Thanks, I'm going to be making a lot more "talkies" going forward.

I can never get over your spaghetti finger style. I can believe this starting at 3:30 on your left outwrd elbow you completely open your hand, that's pretty amazing to me that you are able to somewhat make a fist in that split second to follow. Really cool!
            To be honest I don't realize I'm doing it, I think I make a loose fist as it hits the bag, it's definitely not tight. It doesn't hurt my hands either, if anyone is wondering.

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

Dude, that's a really nice setup, and those rapid-fire elbows froze my computer first time around.

Comment

• The Baggist
                Vert Baggin' Master
                • May 2009

Here are a couple of photos Tim. One is of the Everlast, Title Atomic, and the Rival. All claiming to be 6x4. And one of just the Title and Rival side by side.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
                  Here are a couple of photos Tim. One is of the Everlast, Title Atomic, and the Rival. All claiming to be 6x4. And one of just the Title and Rival side by side.
                  Thanks man, that Rival is definitely shorter. Guess I gotta just bite the bullet and order that direct from Rival. I wish Title carried that particular size Rival bag, but as far as I know, it can only be ordered direct from Rival. I just checked the exchange rate and it actually ends up being cheaper in USD now.

The other size rival bags seem to run "heavy" how does the weight compare between the Rival and Atomic?
                  Last edited by Tim; 07-13-2010, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    Please note this is the XS atomic bag, not the XXS atomic bag (I have one of those on order though). The XS is approx. the same size as the Ringside Top Contender that is sold as 7x4 dimensions, although Title bills it as a 7x5.

This particular bag is hard to find on Title's site, because it's only listed under "New" products, not under the general speed bag section. Here's a direct link: http://store.titleboxing.com/title-p...peed-bags.html
                    Wow, great double bumping those outward elbows at 2:15 - 2:25. I really like that. there is not much clearance for doing a downward. TIP: when your going to do some downwards, move foreward a hair and lean back (perhaps bend your knees a bit) to lower your head just a bit to give more clearance room above your head for the fist to clear the board. Do it as part of your normal "footwork" leaning in and out. No one will notice you used the lowered torso to make the technique work. It works well on tiny bags.

(well, we will but the uniformed won't...)
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Roc Stone
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Oct 2007

Great work Timbo. I'z gotta git me 1 o dos baby bags man.

Brilliant double pumping on those Lbows dude. A big hit carries a long way on those weeny bags. Thats probably the best way to smack those weeny bags, either a 3x or 4x Lbow giving a lot of impact, but by leaving the Lbow there after the last strike you've absorbed a lot of the pace out of the bag, allowing you to continue in an unbroken rhythym, and I'm all for that.

Good vid!
                      sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...