• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

More from the phone

Another quick clip from my Garminfone. I'm still figuring out the new toy!

I have another clip that's a bit longer and better quality as soon as I can get to a WiFi connection, I'll be able to upload it. Some geek I am!
    Last edited by metaldad; 07-09-2010, 09:21 AM.
    sigpic
  • The Baggist
    Vert Baggin' Master
    • May 2009

Very nice linking and elbow work Metaldad!!!

Comment

• crapshoot
      • Apr 2010

Now the lighting is catching up to your skills

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Cool MD, pretty good quality for a phone vid! Nice work on the Everlast 6x4. Nice elbow work. I love that 6x4, it's small, fast, is balanced nice and the weight is great.
        It moves but doesn't feel like your punching air.
        T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• metaldad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
          Very nice linking and elbow work Metaldad!!!
          Thanks man! I gotte work on that four hit combo a bit more! I jumped right to trying that and haven't even mastered the inward elbow or downward elbow.
          Originally posted by crapshoot View Post
          Now the lighting is catching up to your skills
          Yeah it's nice to actually see what I'm hitting lol!

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
          Cool MD, pretty good quality for a phone vid! Nice work on the Everlast 6x4. Nice elbow work. I love that 6x4, it's small, fast, is balanced nice and the weight is great.
          It moves but doesn't feel like your punching air.
          Thanks TJ! The 6x4 just feels so solid! I still practice on the TA sm bag.(I believe that's what they are calling the Gyro balanced 8x5 these days) But the 6x4 or 4x6 or itty bitty is just plain solid.
          sigpic

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Yeah, bring on the 4-ways !!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty good, but looks like your having a little trouble landing that last elbwo cleanly. Focus on trying to hit it with the POINT of the elbow, bring that fist into your chest QUICKLY while thrusting your elbow POINT out. (That and lot's of practice should help)

Overall great job MD. You continue to look better and better!

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Very cool MD, skills lookin' smooth, nice combos. That platform looks solid as a rock.
              Did you add another layer of wood to it?
              T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Tim wrote: Focus on trying to hit it with the POINT of the elbow, bring that fist into your chest QUICKLY while thrusting your elbow POINT out. (That and lot's of practice should help)

You'd better listen to Tim, MD. He is one of the "Elbow Kings". Quite proficient with those techniques (as well as everything else!).
                T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                  Another quick clip from my Garminfone. I'm still figuring out the new toy!

I have another clip that's a bit longer and better quality as soon as I can get to a WiFi connection, I'll be able to upload it. Some geek I am!
                  Wow, MD you look different in the daylight! Nice video. Don't hesitate on that last inward elbow. It is the weakest contact in that technique (the Out-&-In four way Elbow Strike) and you've to stick the point of the elbow into the bag with commitment or you will kill the rebound. You can gain a bit of power on the contact by swiveling your hip into the movement (same side hip as your inward elbow).

Looking good.
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Feb 2010

Always a treat to watch you on the speedbag, Metaldad! Great stuff. I'm finding it NOT THAT EASY to go from a three way strike to a four way strike so that tip from Tim/Alan is pretty helpful for me too.

Maybe some one can tell what's the best thing (punch) to do next to keep a routine flowing?

Comment

• Tim
                      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
                      Always a treat to watch you on the speedbag, Metaldad! Great stuff. I'm finding it NOT THAT EASY to go from a three way strike to a four way strike so that tip from Tim/Alan is pretty helpful for me too.

Maybe some one can tell what's the best thing (punch) to do next to keep a routine flowing?
                      After an O-I 4way? Page 73 of the bible has an exercise (#2) that has an O-DES. It's very smooth flowing because you are using the same elbow that just hit the bag as the last strike of the O-I 4way. Here's a video clip

I prefer to do the O-DES after a single rebound, also shown in the video clip. The Bible notation is below
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Tim; 07-15-2010, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Feb 2010

awesome, thanks

Tim,
                        thanks for posting that, just exactly what I was asking about. Fantastic video.
                        I should have known the answer would be in the bible all along....
                        Checking out page 74 it says what I'd been wondering, it's not the easiest technique to continue on from, and often seen as a final flourish.

So, now I see how it CAN be done... so it's bag to the board, nice and slow, I'll get there.

Thanks again

Comment

• metaldad
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                          Yeah, bring on the 4-ways !!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty good, but looks like your having a little trouble landing that last elbwo cleanly. Focus on trying to hit it with the POINT of the elbow, bring that fist into your chest QUICKLY while thrusting your elbow POINT out. (That and lot's of practice should help)

Overall great job MD. You continue to look better and better!
                          Thank you Tim! I just started on these. Yesterday I whacked my not-so-funny bone getting in my truck and I've been favoring the elbow but I've been practicing in front of the mirror and on the bag.

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
                          Very cool MD, skills lookin' smooth, nice combos. That platform looks solid as a rock.
                          Did you add another layer of wood to it?
                          Thanks TJ! Yes I did add another layer...gorilla glued to be exact. I have a 25lb plate and a 30lb sand bag in my duffel bag. I want to move the platform to one of the side walls and put two lengths of cut 2x4 between the platform and the walls as a buffer. I hope my thinking is right.

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                          Wow, MD you look different in the daylight! Nice video. Don't hesitate on that last inward elbow. It is the weakest contact in that technique (the Out-&-In four way Elbow Strike) and you've to stick the point of the elbow into the bag with commitment or you will kill the rebound. You can gain a bit of power on the contact by swiveling your hip into the movement (same side hip as your inward elbow).

Looking good.
                          Yeah Alan, I know, I'm just as ugly....just kidding. I'm working on that technique. Just like you said in the book, It's difficult to master due to the lack of force but I'm working on it.

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post

Thanks Mrs Mitts. I'm glad you enjoyed it. This is a tricky technique to learn but perseverance will pay off.

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                          After an O-I 4way? Page 73 of the bible has an exercise (#2) that has an O-DES. It's very smooth flowing because you are using the same elbow that just hit the bag as the last strike of the O-I 4way. Here's a video clip

I prefer to do the O-DES after a single rebound, also shown in the video clip. The Bible notation is below
                          Tim this clip is right on the money! And the notation at the bottom is a huge help!! Right on!!
                          Last edited by metaldad; 07-15-2010, 10:30 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...