• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Baggist
    Vert Baggin' Master
    • May 2009

Motivational Speed Bagger

Has anyone ever heard of or know anything about Roger Anthony? He seems to be some sort of motivational guru who uses the speed bag at his seminars. He has great control and is very deliberate and precise with all his punches. His style seems a throw back to the Victorian era and he even pulls off some awesome "Deano" style bagging. His portable platform is also very cool even though it is a little shakey(huge bag). Maybe Deano or Roc might have some insight on this guy, I believe he is from Australia.
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Punch drumming to an orchestra and choir. Wonder if that is the jumbo Jim Bradley bag? I do want to confirm the measurements on that big Bradley bag.

Comment

• Bruce
      • Dec 2009

Motivational speed bagging... man, I knew I chose the wrong career!

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
        Has anyone ever heard of or know anything about Roger Anthony? He seems to be some sort of motivational guru who uses the speed bag at his seminars. He has great control and is very deliberate and precise with all his punches. His style seems a throw back to the Victorian era and he even pulls off some awesome "Deano" style bagging. His portable platform is also very cool even though it is a little shakey(huge bag). Maybe Deano or Roc might have some insight on this guy, I believe he is from Australia.

True, Roger Anthony is a motivation "life coach", self help inspirationalist, ala Tony Robbins, Les Brown and lesser known yet just as awesome inspirational people such as Doug Heir and Nick Vujicic. I love the fact that Roger uses the speed bag in his presentation and I'd like to know the "hook" or reason that he does. most probably in his Rhythm of Successâ„¢ presentation. that would make sense.

Looks like he has the Side Triple Elbow combination and Side-Side split fists down pretty good.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Feb 2010

I'm just dying to know what he says next after taking a bow to the audience.........!!!!!

It never ceases to amaze me the variety of settings and skills to be found in the speedbag world.

We have punch drumming, now we have punch THEATRE!!

Good find Baggist, will be interesting to find out more about this guy, he's obviously put a lot of work into this speedbag presentation.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
            I'm just dying to know what he says next after taking a bow to the audience.........!!!!!

It never ceases to amaze me the variety of settings and skills to be found in the speedbag world.

We have punch drumming, now we have punch THEATRE!!

Good find Baggist, will be interesting to find out more about this guy, he's obviously put a lot of work into this speedbag presentation.
            If you are into Facebook, here is his page.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2007

I didn't have time to watch all of it. But you definitely stumbled onto something really worth checking out!
              sigpic

Comment

• Tim
                Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

3:14 of the first clip "crocoball.mpg" is the Deano style punching.

Nice portable speed bag setup, maybe custom made?

He's using Jim Bradley equipment, looks like maybe the 40 cm ball. It's definitely larger than the pro-ball stuff I laid hands on at SPEED B.A.G. 2010.
                Last edited by Tim; 07-12-2010, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Roc Stone
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Oct 2007

Good stuff

He's deffinetly got a style about him, what a fist roll variation.

I can't say I've heard about him before.

That portable JB kit seemed to work a treat, imagine the dancing you could do under that arrangement using a XXS bag.
                  sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...