• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

metaldad's consolation prize for not being able to attend SB 2010

Sorry I haven't checked in for a bit, my internet and cable was out for a few days. Now I'm back and I guess my wife felt bad that I couldn't go to SB 2010, could it have been the alligator tears I was cying? Actually this was my father's day present; a new Tmobile Garminfone (yay!!!!) It'a an Android phone with a 3 megapixel camera, Garmin GPS; I really need a truck app as I have ended up in someones swimming pool a couple of times................53' trailers don't swim well.....actually not at all....and that really didn't happen....but I did end up in some veeeeerrrrrrrrrrrry tight spots. Tmobile had a huge promotion over Father's Day weekend: Sign up for a new account or add a new line and any phone in the store was free. Now my daughter has a new cell phone and I got a new toy. I can access and sent e-mail, watch video and oh yeah, it's a phone. A neat little feature allows me to take video and upload it directly to YouTube:

It's no I-phone or Hi def camera but I'm enjoying it........so much to learn. I'm still getting used to the touch screen. Gotta be delicate. HOLY CRAP!!!!!THIS IS MY 1,000TH POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by metaldad; 07-02-2010, 08:16 AM. Reason: spelling, spacing. grammar and realized it's post #1,000
    sigpic
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
    Actually this was my father's day present; a new Tmobile Garminfone (yay!!!!) It'a an Android phone with a 3 megapixel camera, Garmin GPS;
    Congrats on the cool father's day present, you earned it dad. Android is reallly cool, enjoy it!

I can access and sent e-mail, watch video and oh yeah, it's a phone. A neat little feature allows me to take video and upload it directly to YouTube:
    Yeah, that's nice isn't it? A lot of my videos don't make it to the web because of the upload to PC, edit, upload to youtube cycle is too much.

It's no I-phone or Hi def camera but I'm enjoying it........so much to learn. I'm still getting used to the touch screen. Gotta be delicate. HOLY CRAP!!!!!THIS IS MY 1,000TH POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats on the 1,000th post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and lookin' good in the video. You continue to improve more and more!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

...I guess my wife felt bad that I couldn't go to SB 2010, could it have been the alligator tears I was cying? Actually this was my father's day present; a new Tmobile Garminfone (yay!!!!) It'a an Android phone with a 3 megapixel camera, Garmin GPS...
      Not a bad consolation gift, MD! These new phones are so cool. So many gadgets on them... I'm still figuring out my iPhone. I just figured out that I can actually tell it who to call, or which song I want to hear on the ipod!

I sure wish I could have met up with you at SB 2010. ... I wanted to give you a hard time about Celine!

HOLY CRAP!!!!!THIS IS MY 1,000TH POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Holy crap, is right!! I have a LOOOONG way to go to reach 1,000. But, hey, I'm pretty happy that I am now considered a "Senior Member." Hope I can make it to GU-RU in the not too distant future...
      Hey, did you get a brighter light bulb for Father's Day, too? Good lighting on this one! Nice fluid punching, MD. ...I was waiting for some reverse fist rolls, though...
      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Congrats on the gift and your punching continually improves, however the new camera does not make you look taller.

Hey, 2 outa 3 ain't bad, MD!

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
          Not a bad consolation gift, MD! These new phones are so cool. So many gadgets on them... I'm still figuring out my iPhone. I just figured out that I can actually tell it who to call, or which song I want to hear on the ipod!
          You ain't kidding about the gadgets! I actually took an mp4 quality video with my phone....doesn't look like a Ray Harryhausen clip lol! The thing I need to find a Wifi connection to upload it due to the size....and I call myself a wannabe techy! So much to learn

I sure wish I could have met up with you at SB 2010. ... I wanted to give you a hard time about Celine! [/QUOTE] I was looking for wigs so I could punch drum to "Taking Chances" just for you!

Holy crap, is right!! I have a LOOOONG way to go to reach 1,000. But, hey, I'm pretty happy that I am now considered a "Senior Member." Hope I can make it to GU-RU in the not too distant future...
          Hey, did you get a brighter light bulb for Father's Day, too? Good lighting on this one! Nice fluid punching, MD. ...I was waiting for some reverse fist rolls, though... [/QUOTE] you've already made Guru with the way you're hitting lately! Yes I finally saved up a $1.50 and bought a stinkin' 100 watt bulb . Actually the camera on the phone adjusts to lighting situations pretty good! I uploaded another video with some fist rolls.

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          Congrats on the gift and your punching continually improves, however the new camera does not make you look taller.

Hey, 2 outa 3 ain't bad, MD!

Thanks Alan! It ain't easy being an OOMPA LOOMPA!
          sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...