• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Tichy: Post Lbow Reverse Phantom!

Just seeing what y'all think...
    Ok... so maybe it's only a reverse punch after an elbow.. and Skunk has probably been doing this since he was born.... but it seemed new to me...
    And I put it in the Phantom folder because the reverse punch comes at an odd time. And it comes from behind... not the 45' side or the 90' side.
    Your body is at an odd angle when "phantoming" from behind....
    I;ll let the experts Alan Kahn, Skunk and Dee call me out on this....
    What you think guys?
    And has anyone else hit this punch yet???
    Just checking cuz it looked and felt different.....
    BAG ON!
    And here's to all that made it to the Speed BAG 2010 Convention!
    It was killer!!!!
    And thanks to Tim and Skunk for loaning me the board!
    BAG ON!

• Roc Stone
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2007

Hey Spin.

Good tutorial and nice moves. It's always good to see someone demonstrating the speedbag limits and expanding on those.

As y'all know I'm a sucker for anything to do with the 'single rebound', but i'll also settle for any techniques that keep the bag swinging at speed.
    sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• spinsmashpop
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Thanks Roc! Hope all's cool down there!
      BAG ON!

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post

Ok... so maybe it's only a reverse punch after an elbow.. and Skunk has probably been doing this since he was born.... but it seemed new to me...
        And I put it in the Phantom folder because the reverse punch comes at an odd time. And it comes from behind... not the 45' side or the 90' side.
        What you think guys?
        BAG ON!
        It was killer!!!!
        BAG ON!

So you are actually doing a Reverse Single Punch (RSP) after an Inward Elbow contact. It looks wierd (phantom) because your Inward Elbow shouder is turned so far into the bag after contact that the opposite arm RSP looks to cross over it. There is very little you can easily follow any Inward Elbow with, except an outward motion by the same arm, (Right Inward Elbow = Right outward Elbow or Front Circle Punch) but you are coming back with the "other arm" from behind the bag in a Reverse Single Punch. That is not a natural movement, but it does emphasize skill and control. You can do this after any of the Inward-ES.

That's the way I see it. Here is how I'd write that Inward Triple Elbow Strike (I-TES) to the Reverse Single Punch (RSP)

.L-L\R........ L
        (I-TES) ' ' (RSP)
        .f-f \ e

I think that is the board I won in the raffle. You should probably keep it because I don't need it and it will cost a lot to send it to me. I really don't need it right now, so put it in your next "tourng truck" if you want.
        Last edited by Speedbag; 06-24-2010, 03:01 AM.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• The Baggist
          Vert Baggin' Master
          • May 2009

Killer Move Brian!!! Also I haven't congratulated you on the new gig with Whitesnake!!!

Comment

• spinsmashpop
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            I think that is the board I won in the raffle. You should probably keep it because I don't need it and it will cost a lot to send it to me. I really don't need it right now, so put it in your next "tourng truck" if you want.
            Yes, I think it may be your board. There was a lot of confusion packing eveything up Sunday. Too bad I didn't see you that day. The board will be on the East Coast and I'll get it where it needs to be gotten when that tie happens. I'll also be back here in NJ/NY end of July, so I can personally deal with it then if need be.....

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
            Killer Move Brian!!! Also I haven't congratulated you on the new gig with Whitesnake!!!
            TAT! Thanks and Thanks!

Comment

• Tim
              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Yeah, phantom can be used to describe something surprising or unexpected I think. You are so busy watching the elbow ... BAM ... you don't see the RSP coming. Seems "phantomy" to me.

It was killer!!!!
              Cool move for sure. I'm having "Bag withdrawal" at the moment, can't wait to get home.
              Any moves done in an official Real Gymm/SPEED B.A.G. 2010 t-shirt just look cool , no matter how you describe them!

That platform says "Skunk" on the back, but Alan won it in the raffle (Skunk donated it to the greater good of bagger-kind). Maybe you should leave it in the NJ vicinity just in case ...
              Last edited by Tim; 06-24-2010, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

[QUOTE=Tim;21275]Yeah, phantom can be used to describe something surprising or unexpected I think. You are so busy watching the elbow ... BAM ... you don't see the RSP coming. Seems "phantomy" to me.[QUOTE]

Nicely put, that's kind of how I felt....

[QUOTE]Cool move for sure. I'm having "Bag withdrawal" at the moment, can't wait to get home.
                Any moves done in an official Real Gymm/SPEED B.A.G. 2010 t-shirt just look cool , no matter how you describe them![QUOTE]
                Yes, they are cool shirts!

That platform says "Skunk" on the back, but Alan won it in the raffle (Skunk donated it to the greater good of bagger-kind). Maybe you should leave it in the NJ vicinity just in case ...
                It will stay in NJ for whatever reason it is needed...
                BAGS UP!

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

That's very cool Spin, it is a little unorthodox, like throwing a right cross immediately followed by a left hook. Cool move, you seemed to be handling it fine. I'll add that to all the other stuff I learned from you, Alan, and Skunk last weekend. So much to work on.........so little time. Had a great weekend in NJ. Keep me posted on any future
                  Speedbag truck possibilities! Bag On Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
                    That's very cool Spin, it is a little unorthodox, like throwing a right cross immediately followed by a left hook. Cool move, you seemed to be handling it fine. I'll add that to all the other stuff I learned from you, Alan, and Skunk last weekend. So much to work on.........so little time. Had a great weekend in NJ. Keep me posted on any future
                    Speedbag truck possibilities! Bag On Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Thanks! It is a pretty naturaly unorthodox move. I'll be most happy if I see others using it because they think it flows and makes sense!
                    Great hangin' and bangin' with ya!

Comment

• sparrky37
                      • Jan 2010

There's always one word that comes to mind when I watch you. SMOOTH! SpeedBagSilk/ nah SpeedBagDragon is definately cooler.

Comment

• metaldad
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Apr 2007

Brain You've done it again you mad scientist er I mean mad bagger you! I'm getting close to post # 1000!!!!!!!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

• paranday
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                          Brain You've done it again you mad scientist er I mean mad bagger you! I'm getting close to post # 1000!!!!!!!!!!
                          I call him "Brain", too. He's a bagging philosopher!
                          Last edited by paranday; 06-25-2010, 06:58 AM.

Comment

• fingers
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
                            That's very cool Spin, it is a little unorthodox, like throwing a right cross immediately followed by a left hook.
                            Nice moves SSP!! Funny thing is i nearly always follow a right cross with a left hook on the heavy bag!! 2,3.

Comment

• Bruce
                              • Dec 2009

What you think guys?
                              BAG ON!
                              It was killer!!!!
                              BAG ON!

Very cool... Even more than that, though, you broke it down so people watching can grasp what you're doing, and try it themselves. Thanks!

Respect the Bag!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...