X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimcaher
    • Feb 2010

SB 2010 equipment

I'd love to hear observations by folks about all the different equipment they got to try out at SB 2010.

Jim
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jimcaher View Post
    I'd love to hear observations by folks about all the different equipment they got to try out at SB 2010.

Jim
    Gotta tell ya Jim, you need to punch up the Jim Bradley Bags from Australia. Wow, great shape, balance and feel. Everyone loved them. Great shape per size and super reaction.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

I'm diggin' the SX Title Atomic Bag. The XXS is very small and while still a challenge, more of a novelty. The XS feels good, looks cool and is noticeably smaller than the 6x4 Everlast.

JIm Bradley bags were real nice.

Jim Bradley U bolt type swivs are super fast....

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

What are the sizes on the Jim Bradley bags? They list 25cm, 40cm, and then there's the kangaroo pro-bag with no size listed. Seems speedbags can't be measured in any understandable way, haha. And the price on the kangaroo bag is US $96.64 without shipping, which gives Cleto Reyes a run for the money.

So which Bradley bag was the favorite?
        Last edited by paranday; 06-22-2010, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• Dutchman
          Speed Bag Historian
          • Jun 2006

Okay, rough conversion, 25cm is about 9 inches, while 40cm is about 16 inches. I assume (and our Australian bretheran please correct me if I'm wrong) that these measurments are the length of the bag. If so, I'd be interested in a 40cm bag...............

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
            Okay, rough conversion, 25cm is about 9 inches, while 40cm is about 16 inches. I assume (and our Australian bretheran please correct me if I'm wrong) that these measurments are the length of the bag. If so, I'd be interested in a 40cm bag...............
            I think you're correct, for these numbers to be any other dimension it just doesn't sound right.

A 40cm bag that rebounds nicely would be a good find. I'm still sold on the Everlast 4205 -- it's heavy, but with the red synthetic bladder in mine it rebounds great. This Bradley would be 3 inches longer, getting into old school territory here, and if it has great rebound, I'm sold, too. About $84 for the 40cm one without shipping.

Say, Dutch, what size drum would you want for such a bag? Tell me your ideal set-up for the punching you'd want to do with this 16" bag.

Comment

• Tim
              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

I'll have a full writeup of the whole event (soon! I swear) but two particular things stood out to me:

1) Balazs - first time I've gotten hands on with the stuff, and it's great

2) Jim Bradley - Very impressed with their poly carbon swivel and kangaroo hide bags

More thoughts on this in the very near future (Probably under the "Reviews" section of the forum).

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

Yeah man, Balazs' stuff is awesome. At $229, the I-box platform is a steal. I've got 3 hanging in my garage. I sent the owner an email letting him know how great their products are, and he sent me a free shirt, and a tiny boxing glove. Cool company.

Looking forward to other reviews from the event. Anyone get a chance to try the leather strap swivel?

Comment

• Biff
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by aad03 View Post

Looking forward to other reviews from the event. Anyone get a chance to try the leather strap swivel?
                  Aaron, I showed the guys the strap, and told them how I liked it, but all the eye bolts were glued into the plastic balls, so we didn't get a chance to use it.

Comment

• Tim
                    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by aad03 View Post
                    Yeah man, Balazs' stuff is awesome. At $229, the I-box platform is a steal. I've got 3 hanging in my garage. I sent the owner an email letting him know how great their products are, and he sent me a free shirt, and a tiny boxing glove. Cool company.
                    Balazs support of the event was enthusiastic and all encompassing, they did so much for us I am truly appreciative.

But most of all their stuff is top notch, after having been hands on with it, you can rest assured you are going to see alot more Balazs equipment of all kinds hanging in my garage. I will have detailed thoughts posted as well, when I get back to home base for speedbagforum.com

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                    Aaron, I showed the guys the strap, and told them how I liked it, but all the eye bolts were glued into the plastic balls, so we didn't get a chance to use it.
                    Blast!!! I knew Biff had it and recall him showing it off, but we didn't get a chance to mount it. Seriously, this could have been a 5 day event and we still would have ran out of time.

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

No sweat, all the more reason for another event.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                        Blast!!! I knew Biff had it and recall him showing it off, but we didn't get a chance to mount it.

Seriously, this could have been a 5 day event and we still would have ran out of time.
                        My sentiments exactly, Tim! There just weren't enough hours in those 3 days... can't stop reminiscing... I wish I had a "rewind" button in my brain so I could instantly recall EVERY SINGLE SECOND!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                          My sentiments exactly, Tim! There just weren't enough hours in those 3 days... can't stop reminiscing... I wish I had a "rewind" button in my brain so I could instantly recall EVERY SINGLE SECOND!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          I'm remembering Dinner Friday Night and Deano looking at his house when you brought up Google Earth, and him saying "Hey, who's truck is that, that ain't me truck...". and his dad TED says "what's that..?". And Deano starts laughing. That was pretty funny.
                          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...