• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

SPEED B.A.G. 2010: Brian plays the speed bag

This is awesomeness on two different levels, #1 he's playing it as part of his drum kit and #2 it's hanging vertically !!!!!!!!!!

Props to Skunk who had the idea to throw up a vertical board, this wouldn't have happened otherwise.

This is the sort of fusion of genius that happens when you get a bunch of nutty baggers in the room for about 12+ hours non stop.
    Last edited by Tim; 06-21-2010, 10:13 PM.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

YEP. just one of several awesome takes. Unreal being there for that moment.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• crapshoot
      • Apr 2010

OMG!!! 'nough said

Comment

• sparrky37
        • Jan 2010

WOW WOW WOW! Wish I was there! Next year!

Comment

• bagdaddy
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jun 2010

My youngest son (he's 23) is taking drum lessons. I gotta show him this one! He'll love it! Awsome Brian!

Comment

• Biff
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Here's what's CRAZY about this (to me anyway). BT is using all four limbs independently of each other - left foot on the high hat, right on the kick drum, left hand sticking on the snare drum, and then add to that the right hand smackin the vertical speed bag.

That is some serious coordination going on. Ok, I know BT is a professional drummer; is fantastic at it and has rhythm, but then to hit the bag on a VERTICAL board, IN TIME, is freakin awesome.

That was something that I can safely say was NEVER seen before.

Great job, Brian.
            Last edited by Biff; 06-22-2010, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Tim View Post

This is awesomeness on two different levels, #1 he's playing it as part of his drum kit and #2 it's hanging vertically !!!!!!!!!!

Props to Skunk who had the idea to throw up a vertical board, this wouldn't have happened otherwise.

This is the sort of fusion of genius that happens when you get a bunch of nutty baggers in the room for about 12+ hours non stop.
              Thanks Tim! I mostly dig how you used the word 'awesomeness' !!!!
              As you know, the vert board looks crazy but it ends up not so different to horizontal baggin'....

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              YEP. just one of several awesome takes. Unreal being there for that moment.
              Thanks Alan! I was nervous. I hadn't ever done that before, but have done other things with a kik or a snare on their own. the full kit while vert baggin' was new, yet playing while baggin' always seemed like it would make sense, even before I ever bagged!

Originally posted by crapshoot View Post
              OMG!!! 'nough said
              Thanks Crap!

Originally posted by sparrky37 View Post
              WOW WOW WOW! Wish I was there! Next year!
              Keep drummin' Sparrky! thanks!

Originally posted by bagdaddy View Post
              My youngest son (he's 23) is taking drum lessons. I gotta show him this one! He'll love it! Awsome Brian!
              Cool Bagdaddy!

Originally posted by Biff View Post
              Here's what's CRAZY about this (to me anyway). BT is using all four limbs independently of each other - left foot on the high hat, right on the kick drum, left hand sticking on the snare drum, and then add to that the right hand smackin the vertical speed bag.

That is some serious coordination going on. Ok, I know BT is a professional drummer; is fantastic at it and has rhythm, but then to hit the bag on a VERTICAL board, IN TIME, is freakin awesome.

That was something that I can safely say was NEVER seen before.

Great job, Brian.
              Thanks Bif! It was great to hang with you , and everyone I already knew and just met this weekend past. What a blast, what a blast what a blast!

Thanks for all the comps!

Comment

• Tim
                Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                As you know, the vert board looks crazy but it ends up not so different to horizontal baggin'....
                Brian - SSHHHHHH - you're not supposed to tell people that part of it

Needless to say a vertical platform WILL be going up in my garage. Hell all you need is a wall or a piece of wood!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...