• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fingers
    Speed Bag Guru
    • May 2008

Door-knob Ball-hook.

Well i took my daughter shopping today to a local warehouse outlet which sells nearly everything from dog food to power tools well this caught my eye 25mm chromed steel door-knobs 2for £5! to cut a long story short i cut the base off and drilled and tapped it and i am now the proud owner of the first Door-knob Ball-hook swivel
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fingers; 06-16-2010, 02:30 PM.
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Pretty ingenious, Fingers. Let us know how it hits.

Comment

• crapshoot
      • Apr 2010

That looks great Fingers. What did you use to cut it apart? Is that door knob or a drawer pull knob? 25mm seems small for a door knob.

Comment

• fingers
        Speed Bag Guru
        • May 2008

Originally posted by Biff View Post
        Pretty ingenious, Fingers. Let us know how it hits.
        Will do Biff!!

Originally posted by crapshoot View Post
        That looks great Fingers. What did you use to cut it apart? Is that door knob or a drawer pull knob? 25mm seems small for a door knob.
        Crapshoot i guess they must be meant for cupboards or drawers!! i cut it with a Jnr hacksaw then filed drilled and tapped all freehand!!

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by fingers View Post
          Well i took my daughter shopping today to a local warehouse outlet which sells nearly everything from dog food to power tools well this caught my eye 25mm chromed steel door-knobs 2for £5! to cut a long story short i cut the base off and drilled and tapped it and i am now the proud owner of the first Door-knob Ball-hook swivel
          I'm very impressed, really. I can't get over how you guys on the forum are forever designing, modifying and creating custom platforms, swivels etc to improve your setups. I don't have a clue.

I just had to look up what 'drill and tap' means!!

Will it fit the Everlast base?

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by fingers View Post
            Now THERE is something you just don't see everyday.- Pretty ingenious!! Don't take this the wrong way, but you're pretty smart for a big guy.

I'm just sayin'......
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• fingers
              Speed Bag Guru
              • May 2008

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
              I'm very impressed, really. I can't get over how you guys on the forum are forever designing, modifying and creating custom platforms, swivels etc to improve your setups. I don't have a clue.

I just had to look up what 'drill and tap' means!!

Will it fit the Everlast base?
              Ha ha i am always modifying things.....its a man thing it fits the plastic base perfectly i will try it at the weekend and let you know

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              Now THERE is something you just don't see everyday.- Pretty ingenious!! Don't take this the wrong way, but you're pretty smart for a big guy.

I'm just sayin'......
              LOL thanks Alan...i think!!!

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

I'm just sayin'......
                Haha Alan! Leave it to the sharp mind, the ingenuity, the lightning speed reflexes, and the overall intelligence of a likeminded fellow speedbagger (Haha) to have that kind of creativity to come up with that. Great job Fingers!
                T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• fingers
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
                  Haha Alan! Leave it to the sharp mind, the ingenuity, the lightning speed reflexes, and the overall intelligence of a likeminded fellow speedbagger (Haha) to have that kind of creativity to come up with that. Great job Fingers!
                  Thanks TJ!! i think it was fate i have been trying to get 25mm steel balls for a while now but could only find hardened chrome steel which turned out to be undrillable i don't usually enjoy shopping trips but it was as if i was meant to go!!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...