• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Rack #2

Here's the 5'x'5'x8' rack. Will hold 9 platforms - 2 on each side, 1 inside

Would you believe it all (both racks) break down into that pile of lumber?
    Attached Files
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Man, that's just awesome Tim!! All of the time and effort going into this event absolutely guarantees a roaring raging great time!
    sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
      Man, that's just awesome Tim!! All of the time and effort going into this event absolutely guarantees a roaring raging great time!
      Absolutely. Tim IS tool time.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Tim, that is so badass! I mean, when you take a step back and look at what you are doing.....it is really wacky!!!! But it's awesome!!!
        Those racks are so cool looking!
        BAG ON!

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

If your state ever brings back the gallows, they'll know who to call. (Sorry, couldn't resist a little gallows humor.)

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
            I hope so. A bunch of speed bags and a bunch of great guys (hopefully some gals too). What can go wrong?

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            I did feel like "The Tool Man" this weekend, that's for sure. There is definitely a sense of satisfaction derived from converting a pile of lumber into something that is functional.

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
            Tim, that is so badass! I mean, when you take a step back and look at what you are doing.....it is really wacky!!!!
            The neighbors think I'm nuts (esp. when they hear I am taking them to NJ), but it doesn't matter, I'm a man on a mission at this point.

Originally posted by paranday View Post
            If your state ever brings back the gallows, they'll know who to call. (Sorry, couldn't resist a little gallows humor.)
            Yeah, it does kind of look like that ...

Comment

• crapshoot
              • Apr 2010

Those racks look amazing! and they break down to such a small pile.

Other than the gallows, the idea that just sparked, and you porch baggers would be more experienced, is having some punch drumming with all the platforms loaded.....like an orchestra (4-5-4). That would take a bit of rehearsal but the image of 19 guys in tuxes (top hats optional ) bagging to a medley, maybe on a rotating stage and spinning platforms would be the coolest.

Sorry, got to sleep at midnight, woke up at 3AM instead of 5:30AM and didn't realize it until 4AM. Need more coffee to quiet the crazy.

Comment

• Biff
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by crapshoot View Post
                Those racks look amazing! and they break down to such a small pile.

Other than the gallows, the idea that just sparked, and you porch baggers would be more experienced, is having some punch drumming with all the platforms loaded.....like an orchestra (4-5-4). That would take a bit of rehearsal but the image of 19 guys in tuxes (top hats optional ) bagging to a medley, maybe on a rotating stage and spinning platforms would be the coolest.
                Sorry, got to sleep at midnight, woke up at 3AM instead of 5:30AM and didn't realize it until 4AM. Need more coffee to quiet the crazy.
                Now that's an idea! Maybe we can shoot for that at Speed BAG II or III.

Tim, those racks are great. When do you think you'll do the setup? I can arrive early on Thursday to help out. I have to be at the airport by 3:00 pm, so I'll probably leave by 2:15. Let me know.

Also, the offer for the cars still stands if you can find the time while you're in PA.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                  Now that's an idea! Maybe we can shoot for that at Speed BAG II or III.
                  Punching side by side with Tichy on the speed bag porch was helpful in improving my punch drumming. It was easier for me to match what Tichy was doing rather than trying to hear/feel the beat (I have a tin ear).

We gotta get some group punch drumming going for this one... hell we've got 3 days to burn, we're going to be doing all kinds of crazy stuff!

Tim, those racks are great. When do you think you'll do the setup? I can arrive early on Thursday to help out. I have to be at the airport by 3:00 pm, so I'll probably leave by 2:15. Let me know.
                  I'm hoping to be at Real Gymm by noon. The racks and platforms can be hung by one person, but two or three definitely make the job safer and quicker. There's also 500 lbs of Sand to be put on top the platforms.

If anyone will be in Keyport on Thursday they are welcome to pop in and help. I will be posting updates to speedbagforum.com throughout the trip. I'll have a more precise ETA once we start traveling.

Also, the offer for the cars still stands if you can find the time while you're in PA.
                  Biff - I'm definitely going to try and swing by. After the event I've got a whole week to burn so I'm not in a huge rush. I'm definitely headed to Nuangola/Mountain Top to see family, so we will find time to do this
                  Last edited by Tim; 06-10-2010, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• Geronimo
                    • Sep 2009

Great link Alan! I agree Tim the Toolman shows some great craftsmanship there!

Nice work Tim looks very Nice!

Comment

• paranday
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2009

...but the image of 19 guys in tuxes (top hats optional...
                      So, does Everlast or Title have a line of branded tuxedos?

Comment

• Biff
                        Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

..... but the image of 19 guys in tuxes (top hats optional ) bagging to a medley, maybe on a rotating stage and spinning platforms would be the coolest.

HMMMM, very interesting......

So, does Everlast or Title have a line of branded tuxedos?
                        Yes paranday, they do......

EDIT: This may have to be mandatory dress for future Speed B.A.G.s
                        Sorry for the hijack, now back to your regularly scheduled thread.
                        Last edited by Biff; 06-10-2010, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• paranday
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                          ...Sorry for the hijack, now back to your regularly scheduled thread.
                          No problem, pretty nice set of threads. Is that the Everlast 4205 top hat the men are wearing?

Comment

• Speedbag
                            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

No problem, pretty nice set of threads. Is that the Everlast 4205 top hat the men are wearing?
                            Oh Boy, here we go.

Wanted: Dead or Alive (hopefully, the latter)

If they want us that bad, they can come to Keyport!

Cute pic, Paranday.
                            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                            The Quest Continues...
                            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Sep 2009

Cute pic, Paranday.
                              Credit goes to Biff ! I Photoshop you not!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...