Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIO TRIBUTE! RAINBOW AND BAG IN THE DARK! (ode to Ronnie)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DIO TRIBUTE! RAINBOW AND BAG IN THE DARK! (ode to Ronnie)

    Here ya go.... it's been too long since I posted a vid....
    This was just a little jammin' along to some killer DIO!
    I love the power and drama in his voice! It is insane... and this also goes out to anyone that thinks this man was anything but positive.... if you don't know what you are talking about, you should keep the pie hole shut! haha! And you will forever be a rainbow in the dark!
    Dio rules.... end of story....
    BAG ON!!!!
    Oh yeah, nothing special here... I had other passes with some drum roll rivet stuff and double bumping on the fist rolls, and some other kinds of linking, but it's hard to do allthat and not have one mis hit for a whole song.... I'll leave that freaky stuff to ALan Kahn!! seeing how he is the only guy in the world that can do it so amazingly!!!!
    BAG ON!!!!
    Last edited by spinsmashpop; 06-07-2010, 09:41 AM.

  • #2
    Brian,
    That was fantastic!! You're turning the bag into a full-fledged musical instrument. Wonderful precision, nary a mishit. Did you develop this accuracy by hitting slow for long periods of time, or did it just come to you?

    When it comes to punch drumming, you're surely the heir apparent to Alan.

    Jim

    Comment


    • #3
      !!BRILLIANT!! SSP!! thanks for posting that i spotted a few moves i would like to learn! that was truly world class!

      Comment


      • #4
        That was wicked!
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jimcaher View Post
          Brian,
          That was fantastic!! You're turning the bag into a full-fledged musical instrument. Wonderful precision, nary a mishit. Did you develop this accuracy by hitting slow for long periods of time, or did it just come to you?
          When it comes to punch drumming, you're surely the heir apparent to Alan.

          Jim
          Wow! Thanks for the kind words Jim! And the answer is yes. I started punch drumming at the same time I was learning to punch. I would practice punching with no music on, and then I would play through an entire cd trying to keep in time. This song here probably would have been way to fast in the first few moths of bagging (I was also using a slow, no fun feeling 7x10 Everlast "gyro" (the big red fake leather one that comes with the 60.00 platform). That was a difficult task in itself compared to bagging on an Everlast 6x4! Anyhow, I understand rhythm so it all came together instantly. It was just a matter of motor/combination skills. Alan has all his combos and techniques down so well that he can jump around the bag way easier than I. The one advantage I have is my knowledge of polyrhythm; I can get out of a punch "jam" (rhythmic mishap/ oddly placed accents) by virtue of simply being a drummer who has played nonstop for 33 years!
          Thanks!
          BAG ON!
          Originally posted by fingers View Post
          !!BRILLIANT!! SSP!! thanks for posting that i spotted a few moves i would like to learn! that was truly world class!
          Thanks Fingers! I appreciate anyone commenting on enjoying any clip I put up and will answer any question as best I can!
          BAG ON!
          Originally posted by HomerFett View Post
          That was wicked!
          Thanks!

          Comment


          • #6
            Great job Brian, Seems like forever since your last punch drumming vid.
            Killer combo's with the jams happening!
            Can't wait to bag it up in Jersey! BAG ON BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

            Comment


            • #7
              WOW, BT, another great perfomance. Great mix of punches and I like the double-time beat you mixed in. Solid as ever. Very nicely done (again).

              Comment


              • #8
                Oh yea, man you're killing it! I see ya jumping time, from Basic Rhythm Punching to syncopated Combo's, even jumped to a few FDP ' ' RDP double times. That's a great tune for Punch Drumming, I've never heard it before. You're speed, control and consistency is really improving. I like that sequence from :48 to :54 where you carried a double beat through to the next measure. I count it coming out to the Fist Roll on "3" about :54 or :55sec - but it was a cool jam for a few measures, Dead ON beat.

                Great work, BT. Bring that one to Jersey and we'll tag team.
                Speed Bag

                Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...


                sigpic

                The Art of the Bag

                Comment


                • #9
                  SSP! That was sick! I've gotta see some slo-mo from about 4:05 to 4:15, that side to side combo is killer. Bust out that Lonsdale, it looks good, its gotta sound good.

                  Do you take requests? Keep it up man!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Great stuff Brian. Rockin' tune. Truly a fantastic tribute.

                    Originally posted by jimcaher View Post
                    When it comes to punch drumming, you're surely the heir apparent to Alan.
                    Yes indeed!

                    Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                    Great work, BT. Bring that one to Jersey and we'll tag team.
                    I just put it on the ipod under the "Speed Bag" play list.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      How good was that,long song punched in time to every combination in the book.
                      FAULTLESS demo,Ronnie would be happy to have his name put to that.see ya
                      in NJ.deano

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
                        Great job Brian, Seems like forever since your last punch drumming vid.
                        Killer combo's with the jams happening!
                        Can't wait to bag it up in Jersey! BAG ON BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Thanks TJ! See ya there....


                        Originally posted by Biff View Post
                        WOW, BT, another great perfomance. Great mix of punches and I like the double-time beat you mixed in. Solid as ever. Very nicely done (again).
                        Thanks Biff!
                        Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                        Oh yea, man you're killing it! I see ya jumping time, from Basic Rhythm Punching to syncopated Combo's, even jumped to a few FDP ' ' RDP double times. That's a great tune for Punch Drumming, I've never heard it before. You're speed, control and consistency is really improving. I like that sequence from :48 to :54 where you carried a double beat through to the next measure. I count it coming out to the Fist Roll on "3" about :54 or :55sec - but it was a cool jam for a few measures, Dead ON beat.

                        Great work, BT. Bring that one to Jersey and we'll tag team.
                        AK...yeah, I got that double time FDP/RDP from you! The first time I saw you do it (prob in the speed bag truck) I was floored! I had other takes with rivets, double bumping, DTES into RSP's and other stuff, but I'd always get caught in a mis hit that was too big too get through and I'd start over forgetting what I had done... this was all improv. Thanks alot AK..man I 've been really out of practice and putting up a punch drumming clip of a song I love and getting a cool reaction from baggers makes me miss it that much more.... I've just been so busy.....

                        Originally posted by aad03 View Post
                        SSP! That was sick! I've gotta see some slo-mo from about 4:05 to 4:15, that side to side combo is killer. Bust out that Lonsdale, it looks good, its gotta sound good.

                        Do you take requests? Keep it up man!
                        My Lonsdale is a bit weighty and slow.... it also could be that I still have the El Cheapo board up and my 2 Everlast Adjustables are still on the floor....I'll try the Lonsdale when I get the boards up.... REquests... sure why not... could be a challenge....

                        Originally posted by Tim View Post
                        Great stuff Brian. Rockin' tune. Truly a fantastic tribute.
                        Yes indeed!I just put it on the ipod under the "Speed Bag" play list.
                        Thanks Tim! Yeah that's a nice medium paced song to punch to! And it's extra cool when songs have big drum fills you can lock up to!

                        Originally posted by deano View Post
                        How good was that,long song punched in time to every combination in the book.
                        FAULTLESS demo,Ronnie would be happy to have his name put to that.see ya
                        in NJ.deano
                        Deano, I didn't hit every combo in the book, because I can only do like one of yours.... But Thanks! It's pretty awesome you are getting to the convention! See you there!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Punch drum request

                          SSP, I could be wrong, but it seems like Danzig's "Mother" was made for punch drumming. Plenty of spots to drop some wicked combos. See what you think...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                            Here ya go.... it's been too long since I posted a vid....
                            This was just a little jammin' along to some killer DIO!
                            I love the power and drama in his voice! It is insane... and this also goes out to anyone that thinks this man was anything but positive.... if you don't know what you are talking about, you should keep the pie hole shut! haha! And you will forever be a rainbow in the dark!
                            Dio rules.... end of story....
                            BAG ON!!!!
                            Oh yeah, nothing special here... I had other passes with some drum roll rivet stuff and double bumping on the fist rolls, and some other kinds of linking, but it's hard to do allthat and not have one mis hit for a whole song.... I'll leave that freaky stuff to ALan Kahn!! seeing how he is the only guy in the world that can do it so amazingly!!!!
                            BAG ON!!!!
                            That ruled as usual!!! I was thinking of trying something off of Dehumanizer. I don't have Heaven and Hell or Born Again. Spins you totally make it look soo easy!

                            Originally posted by aad03 View Post
                            SSP, I could be wrong, but it seems like Danzig's "Mother" was made for punch drumming. Plenty of spots to drop some wicked combos. See what you think...
                            That one and "Long Way Back From Hell" or " Her Black Wings" from Danzig II:Lucifuge. How about "Dirty Black Summer" from How The Gods Kill? The Tilte rack would be nice but it has a slow build up for bagging.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by aad03 View Post
                              SSP, I could be wrong, but it seems like Danzig's "Mother" was made for punch drumming. Plenty of spots to drop some wicked combos. See what you think...
                              Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                              That ruled as usual!!! I was thinking of trying something off of Dehumanizer. I don't have Heaven and Hell or Born Again. Spins you totally make it look soo easy!

                              That one and "Long Way Back From Hell" or " Her Black Wings" from Danzig II:Lucifuge. How about "Dirty Black Summer" from How The Gods Kill? The Tilte rack would be nice but it has a slow build up for bagging.
                              THANKS GUYS! I ain't the biggest Danzig fan at all.... but I will give some other power metal that rules to bag to!
                              Maybe DIO with SABBATH! That too rules hard!!!!

                              Comment

                              Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...
                              X