X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Geronimo
    • Sep 2009

Geronimos May 2010 SB Vid

Made these over the weekend. 8 weeks ago I dislocated my left shoulder so this is my im back at baggin video! Enjoy
    Geronimo

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Great job hitting! Good skills and timing. I might suggest you lay off a lot of elbow strikes, which really stretch and rotate the shoulder joints. Let them heal completely, and that takes time. Especially lay off the full force outward and downwards for a few more weeks.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Bruce
      • Dec 2009

Looks great! Your speed has definitely improved since the last video. You're a brave man for having worn glasses with all those downward elbows! Hope your shoulder stays healthy.

Comment

• Geronimo
        • Sep 2009

hahah

The glasses yeah, 1st videos I didnt have them on. In past months Ive noticed i dont get near my glasses less im doing 4 way double downward elbow strikes. In my video there was few combos i strayed away from. The 4 hit elbow strikes I left out really due to my shoulder and letting it be for another 2weeks or so before i really get everything back in my routine. I left out a few of my combos i been working on as well so next video < hopefully in next 2 weeks > i still have a few combos to through out that you all havent seen me do yet

Thanks for the good comments thus far guys!

Geronimo!

Comment

• ukspeedbag
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2007

Great combos Geronimo you have made excellent progress. Take on board AK's advice..........Take care of that shoulder.

Comment

• Geronimo
            • Sep 2009

thanks UK!

Hey UK, thanks for the praise! The shoulder deal, its the 7th time its happened or 8th tbh its been many times since i was 16. Besides from speed bagging, my daily work challenges my shoulder working 8-10 hr days of home construction. I take Brazilian Jui-Jitsu, Muay Thai Kick Boxing/American Boxing. I also skateboard since i was 10 years old. All my hobbies = pain and injuries. I honestly couldnt list on a full page my injuries. Just part of my life i guess.
            Rehab to my shoulder is just a few months of it being weak and me rebuilding what ive had to do in the past. This past time was the ...... " Best dislocation yet tho" Normally its a FULL HANGING dislocation really really bad in past. This past time, was only a 1.5" or small separation and my instructor and I set it back in place with in honestly 30seconds to 1minute of it occurring. Due to my shoulder muscle and physical health my shoulder really only slightly popped out for MINOR amount of time.
            I took it SUPER EZ and externally slinged it up for 1st 5 days. At work I just was ninja style and took it ez with my left arm for 2 weeks. At 2 weeks i started the tension band rehab and got back into yoga and only doing stretching that wasnt working the rotator cuff of the shoulder. By 4 weeks I was back to moderate on my shoulder str and stability. 6weeks in I started back with light weights and speed bagging.
            Last week was the 1st time i did full contact grappling at juijitsu and the 90 minute class went GREAT. So now Im back to weight lifting again and have a custom program from my friend < hes a personal trainer and ex pro power lifter >. He is going to be assisting me on building a good amount of stability muscle around my shoulder n back.
            To finish~ I listen and take every bit of ALANs advice to heart from speed bagging, to my shoulder, and yes I take best care of it as i can, its one my main tools, that pays the bills and assists all my thrills. In that I only can do what i can to rebuild what I have.

Comment

• Biff
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Hey G, looking very nice for an 8-week layoff. Some pretty nice, sweet combos. We're going to have to start calling you G-Money (G$).

Comment

• Geronimo
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                Hey G, looking very nice for an 8-week layoff. Some pretty nice, sweet combos. We're going to have to start calling you G-Money (G$).
                HAHAH @ the name, Ive had to many nicknames in past,Geronimo will work ..Big thanks tho Biff on the compliment Ive been working them combos for a lil bit now before the injury and well after .

Comment

• metaldad
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2007

Wow!!!!!!!What more can I say????Sick stuff!!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Geronimo
                    • Sep 2009

Thanks!

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                    Wow!!!!!!!What more can I say????Sick stuff!!
                    Thanks man! One these days when you around MD we need to meet up n bag since you only live n hr or so away!
                    well more then a few hrs but none the less, neighboring state! < 3hrs > i think.
                    Last edited by Geronimo; 05-19-2010, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• Tim
                      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Geronimo View Post
                      Hey UK, thanks for the praise! The shoulder deal, its the 7th time its happened or 8th tbh its been many times since i was 16. Besides from speed bagging, my daily work challenges my shoulder working 8-10 hr days of home construction. I take Brazilian Jui-Jitsu, Muay Thai Kick Boxing/American Boxing. I also skateboard since i was 10 years old. All my hobbies = pain and injuries. I honestly couldnt list on a full page my injuries. Just part of my life i guess.
                      To finish~ I listen and take every bit of ALANs advice to heart from speed bagging, to my shoulder, and yes I take best care of it as i can, its one my main tools, that pays the bills and assists all my thrills. In that I only can do what i can to rebuild what I have.

Glad to see you are back on the bag. Looking good too, lots of cool stuff there. Injuries happen. You can work around them while they heal, or you can quit and sit on the couch for the remainder of your life I'm going down fighting (Sounds like you are too).

Comment

• Geronimo
                        • Sep 2009

1000% agree my friend

Yap I agree 1000% Tim, NEVER give up, always give that fighting breath till mercy!

O yeah for anyone that has BAD JOINT issues and hasnt been able to find a GREAT brace/support/assist product I have link for just that. Past few weeks of BJJ and some my Weight training, I wear this INSANE upper body support /assist brace for my left shoulder< surrounds the whole upper body tho so actually giving so much extra to your whole upper body. http://www.antibodywear.com/ is where I got this product, I purchased the double shoulder brace. Its a bit pricey but so is a dislocated shoulder. Figure w/o insurance to get my shoulder set at the doc or hospital is $350.00-$1200.00 in the past. Yeah figure ive had to pay 6 outa the 7 times... talk about SHAFTED! Anyways the brace thus far in a good amount of trials has done GREAT and I wouldnt go train w/o it on.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Nice!

Well, for someone recovering from a shoulder injury, you look pretty darned good, G. So nice to see you back under the board. You touched on a lot of different punches... I've been working on improving my reverse first roll, but I think I need to study Metaldad's vids some more for pointers...

That compression brace looks pretty cool. Glad it's helping to speed your recovery.
                          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Geronimo
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post

Well, for someone recovering from a shoulder injury, you look pretty darned good, G. So nice to see you back under the board. You touched on a lot of different punches... I've been working on improving my reverse first roll, but I think I need to study Metaldad's vids some more for pointers...

That compression brace looks pretty cool. Glad it's helping to speed your recovery.
                            Thanks MsD! The RFRoll I found best to split the hands apart little more then the front roll, from there, take your hands and put them in the position of the RFROLL on the bag. START slow-moderate pace on the bag, KEEP your body leaned back with head outa the way of the rebound. Try for 5 hits then pause reset and retry till its comfortable. To practice the front to back rolls, do 5 front 5 hits from back, repeat alternating the hand sides. Hope that helps a bit!

Your new video btw looked very nice with them split fists!

Comment

• Robert001
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • May 2010

Nice! What bag is that?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...