• flight_2119
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Feb 2010

2nd vid

Close to 3 months of practice now, havin fun with it
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Yeah! Great job! Very impressive for 3 months! Nice linking and link combos of dbls on the front with singles on the back, alternating hands!
    BAG ON!

Comment

• RenoRattler
      • Sep 2009

That's some great work bro! Love the spins!

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

That's great. Everything was fast! Good spin and the single fist roll!

Comment

• Biff
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Great vid for just a few months under the board. Keep havin fun.

Comment

• metaldad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2007

Kepp at it and post mmore! Ya lookin' great!
            sigpic

Comment

• ukspeedbag
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Nov 2007

I'm gob smacked! Excellent skills for just 3 months and your speed is pretty amazing.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Very nice for just 3 months. It looks like a pretty solid setup, too. Dang, I gotta work more on that little bump.

Now that I'm using a hook swivel, I have to be more accurate with my punches – and focus on controlling the bag more, especially with those short bumps. Good job... can't wait to see more vids!

I'm curious about your User Name – Flight 2119... What's the story behind it, if I may ask?
                sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

A marvelous display of positional excellence! I like everything you're doing. position, movement, rhythm etc. You've got a solid base and you'll be moving on to the more advanced pretty quick! Let this be a lesson to all who are beginning the bag. You need not struggle for months to grasp the mysteries of speed bag control. It doesn't take long if you build a rock solid foundation and this guy has it!

Great punching.
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• flight_2119
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post

I'm curious about your User Name – Flight 2119... What's the story behind it, if I may ask?
                    Nothing special really I was big into basketball in high school, they sometimes call Lebron James Flight 23 I thought it had a nice ring to it so i replaced it with my number 21 and my favorite hockey player Steve Yzerman's number 19 and there you have my internet name Flight_2119. It's not some China Northwest Airlines plane that crashed that I was on and survived (I googled it) that would be a better back story though.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                      Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by flight_2119 View Post
                      Nothing special really I was big into basketball in high school, they sometimes call Lebron James Flight 23 I thought it had a nice ring to it so i replaced it with my number 21 and my favorite hockey player Steve Yzerman's number 19 and there you have my internet name Flight_2119. It's not some China Northwest Airlines plane that crashed that I was on and survived (I googled it) that would be a better back story though.
                      Who is Lebron James and why do they call him Flight 23?
                      Sorry ... I haven't paid much attention to sports outside of MMA stuff since Reggie Jackson ruled the diamond! But I do wish I paid more attention to boxing.I 've always dug the whole strategy and challenge of one on one like that... But tennis is cool too. I also dig racquetball a ton!
                      But those ultrarunners are the real freaks out there!
                      BAG ON!

Comment

• Speedbag
                        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by flight_2119 View Post
                        Hey Flight_2119

After 12+ surgeries, 3 on my neck and 5 on my shoulders, and a few on the elbow and knees, I look like the aftermath of a samuari sword demo gone bad. Many a person has believed the yarn that I survived several shark attacks in the past years while scuba diving off the florida keys. When I see they are really buying it, I make it better by telling them the strange part - they were all by the SAME shark!

I love gullible people.
                        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                        The Quest Continues...
                        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                          Hey Flight_2119

After 12+ surgeries, 3 on my neck and 5 on my shoulders, and a few on the elbow and knees, I look like the aftermath of a samuari sword demo gone bad. Many a person has believed the yarn that I survived several shark attacks in the past years while scuba diving off the florida keys. When I see they are really buying it, I make it better by telling them the strange part - they were all by the SAME shark!

I love gullible people.
                          Good stuff Alan.... and Jeez!! You are up late! Like I am your parent or something....haha... "Go to bed Alan!"

Comment

• flight_2119
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                            Who is Lebron James and why do they call him Flight 23?
                            BAG ON!
                            Wow i thought everyone knew who Lebron James was you really are out of it lol. I guess I'll have to get you up you date. He is arguably the best basketball player in the world right now and one of the world's most popular athletes

NBA Most Valuable Player: 2009
                            NBA Rookie of the Year: 2004
                            NBA Scoring Champion: 2008
                            6-time NBA All-Star:
                            5-time All-NBA:
                            1-time NBA All-Defensive:

And he's only 25.
                            This video should explain why they call him Flight 23

Comment

• metaldad
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Apr 2007

Chicago should never have gotten rid of him!Put him with Derek Rose and Joaqim Noah and it's on!Of course I'm openeing up a can'o worms here since my basketball passione faded the day "Jabba the Hut" aka Jerry Krause broke up THE franchise. I know other factors were involved but for some reason that guy rubbed me the wrong way
                              sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...