X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metaldad
    replied
    Originally posted by RenoRattler View Post
    Schweet! I was bummed out when Cartoon Network quit carrying them.
    So was I!

Leave a comment:

• RenoRattler
    replied
    Originally posted by metaldad View Post
    What's wrong with Miss July? It can't be her Patriotism! Or is it because she's a Cancer? Hey did you hear? Dragonball Z is coming to Nicktoons. These are not new episodes but Completely remastered and re-edited. Alot of excess filler has been taken out and the format has been changed for it to fit in 16:9 aspect ratio. I guess Toei premiered it in Japan last month. The "new" series is Dragonball Z Kai and will start on Nicktoons in May
    Schweet! I was bummed out when Cartoon Network quit carrying them.

Leave a comment:

• metaldad
    replied
    Hahaha. No, I think they take more issue with miss July......
    What's wrong with Miss July? It can't be her Patriotism! Or is it because she's a Cancer? Hey did you hear? Dragonball Z is coming to Nicktoons. These are not new episodes but Completely remastered and re-edited. Alot of excess filler has been taken out and the format has been changed for it to fit in 16:9 aspect ratio. I guess Toei premiered it in Japan last month. The "new" series is Dragonball Z Kai and will start on Nicktoons in May
    Last edited by metaldad; 03-27-2010, 01:32 PM. Reason: spelling and added link

Leave a comment:

• RenoRattler
    replied
    Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
    Same here! After watching Mrs. Mitts, I tried doing some of those double bumps. Not as easy as she makes it look! Trainer Raul (spouse) says that I "look like a girl" when I do them! So, it's practice, practice, practice.
    I should hope you look like a girl.....
    Originally posted by metaldad View Post
    Are you telling me that people have issues with Super Saiyans!? Why I .................... KAMEHAMEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! GATTLIN GUN BLAST!!!!!!!!MAHAGOSENPO!!!!! There now you can have your wall back.
    Hahaha. No, I think they take more issue with miss July......

Leave a comment:

• metaldad
    replied
    Are you telling me that people have issues with Super Saiyans!? Why I .................... KAMEHAMEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! GATTLIN GUN BLAST!!!!!!!!MAHAGOSENPO!!!!! There now you can have your wall back.

Leave a comment:

• MsDeville
    replied
    Thanks Ms D!

I share my house, and other people living here do not appreciate my.....decorations. So I cover them up as a courtesy.
    ...Very considerate of you, Reno...

Thanks! I like elbows.....I hadn't worked on the double bumps until I saw your video the other day, so it inspired me.
    Same here! After watching Mrs. Mitts, I tried doing some of those double bumps. Not as easy as she makes it look! Trainer Raul (spouse) says that I "look like a girl" when I do them! So, it's practice, practice, practice.

Leave a comment:

• RenoRattler
    replied
    Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
    Hey Reno, Looking really good my man! Nice solid contact and uniformity on all your techniques. Like the double bumps on the fist rolls. True about the xs everlast, the advantage of practicing on that (when you can keep it controlled going slowly) is the sweet spot is smaller, making you concentrate more on accuracy. I've been spending time working on elbows and trying to punch drum last couple of weeks.
    Where've you been, haven't seen much of you lately? Are you gonna head out east for
    Speed Bag 2010?
    Thanks man!

Work's been a bit busy, and I have a new girlfriend, so pretty much all of my time has gone to those two activities.

I don't think I'm gonna make it out for Speed Bag 2010. Funds, and distance are looking bad.
    Originally posted by Tim View Post
    That's really solid man. You had all kinds of stuff going on , and double bumps in the F-ROLL, very nice.
    Thanks Tim!
    Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
    All great stuff... very well paced and balanced!
    Coming up quickly!
    BAG ON!
    Thanks Spin!
    Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
    EXCELLENT on all points. Position, movements, rhythm, combination mix, split fists, double splits, Downward and Outward Elbow Strikes with single and double fist linking. Like TIM said, F-Roll's with Double bumping in the middle with both right and left fists. Awesome stuff. Now start mixing in some Side movements and you'll be owing it from all around.

Don't over stress the side movements. The single most important addition for Side punching will simply be the Side Single Punch (SSP). That would be the new piece. You are alread doing eveything else. Consider, for the Side Double Punch (SDP), The lead fist is a Front Circle Punch (FCP), and second fist is a Side Single Punch (SSP). You are already doing a FCP followed by another punch on one rebound
    (FDP = FCP + FCP or FSP. F-ROLL= FCP+FCP+FCP.....) So now just follow the FCP with a SSP, and you will have the SDP.

Like the Side Double Punch, for the Side Triple Elbow Strike (S-TES) the lead part is the Outward Double ES+FSP. You are already doing the lead Outward Double Elbow movement very nicely! now make the third punch a SSP instead of a FSP and you have the S-TES. It's a very subtle change in fist position and contact on the side panel instead of the front panel. Not a big deal to do, but it will open up tons of creative combination posibilities not otherwise Possible. You CAN do it!
    As always Alan, thanks for all of the advice! I have been trying to work in side punches, but I have found them more difficult than anything else I have learned so far, so the progress is coming a bit slowly. I will not give up on them though.
    Originally posted by deano View Post
    heaps smooth Reno.
    Thanks Deano!
    Nice work on the bag, Reno, as usual. Okay, I gotta learn that cool little double-bump with the fist rolls...

So, what's the story with the sheet? Or, should I say, behind the sheet. Were you finding the posters to be too much of a distraction?

Oh yeah, and I see you've been elevated to "Senior Member"...
    Thanks Ms D!

I share my house, and other people living here do not appreciate my.....decorations. So I cover them up as a courtesy.
    Originally posted by Clubber Lang View Post
    I know what is behind the sheet.

There is a portal to another dimension in space/time behind the sheet.

The sheet acts as a barrier to stop inhabitants from fluidic space sticking their arms in and using the speed bag for free workout.

They really should invest in their own equipment.

The reason I know this is because I have got a portal to another dimension in my garage and had this problem. They even reached in once and 'borrowed' my speed bag without my permission when I was out shopping. This would explain why when I returned from my shopping expedition the bag was slightly deflated.

If you borrow something always return it in the condition you received it in - just good manners really.
    Or it could be that........
    Originally posted by SpeedBagScissorhands View Post
    very nice punching reno!
    Thanks Scissors!
    Originally posted by Biff View Post
    Great progress, RR. You are looking super fine!
    Thanks Biff!
    Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
    Hey Reno, that was just perfect! Excellent various combos and the double bump, I have to try that one out.
    Thanks Vini!
    Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
    Nice session! Very flowing. I want to start getting some elbows going like that myself.
    Thanks! I like elbows.....I hadn't worked on the double bumps until I saw your video the other day, so it inspired me.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Mitts
    replied
    Nice session! Very flowing. I want to start getting some elbows going like that myself.

Leave a comment:

• ukspeedbag
    replied
    Hey Reno, that was just perfect! Excellent various combos and the double bump, I have to try that one out.

Leave a comment:

• Biff
    replied
    Great progress, RR. You are looking super fine!

Leave a comment:

• Clubber Lang
    replied
    Originally posted by paranday View Post
    You got a photo of them caught in the act? That I'd like to see.
    I would take a photo if I could.

But our earth cameras are not able to capture images of the '4th' dirmension. We have only just got 3D cinema sorted !

If I develop the technology I will post up some pictures of them pesky inter-dimensional beings.

Thanks for asking !

Leave a comment:

• SpeedBagScissorhands
    replied
    very nice punching reno!

Leave a comment:

• paranday
    replied
    Originally posted by Clubber Lang View Post
    ...The sheet acts as a barrier to stop inhabitants from fluidic space sticking their arms in and using the speed bag for free workout...
    You got a photo of them caught in the act? That I'd like to see.

Leave a comment:

• Clubber Lang
    replied
    So, what's the story with the sheet? Or, should I say, behind the sheet. Were you finding the posters to be too much of a distraction?
    I know what is behind the sheet.

There is a portal to another dimension in space/time behind the sheet.

The sheet acts as a barrier to stop inhabitants from fluidic space sticking their arms in and using the speed bag for free workout.

They really should invest in their own equipment.

The reason I know this is because I have got a portal to another dimension in my garage and had this problem. They even reached in once and 'borrowed' my speed bag without my permission when I was out shopping. This would explain why when I returned from my shopping expedition the bag was slightly deflated.

If you borrow something always return it in the condition you received it in - just good manners really.

Leave a comment:

• MsDeville
    replied
    I love watching the Sunday morning bag sessions...

Nice work on the bag, Reno, as usual. Okay, I gotta learn that cool little double-bump with the fist rolls...

Oh yeah, and I see you've been elevated to "Senior Member"...

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...