• deano
      Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

going like a house on fire TJ,your carving it up,top elbows mate.deano

Comment

• Snoof
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Mar 2010

Wow, amazing progress. You're an inspiration to noobs such as myself. I only started last month... you've set the bar high my friend!

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
          Very nice repertoire of your bagging skills, TJ. And nice rhythm, too. I bought that bag, but, it's too hard for my *delicate* hands.

Nice video editing! (I had to ask my son how to edit my last video, too!)
          Thanks Ms"D", trying to achieve the caliber of "baggin'" that I see on the forum (Alan, Skunk, The Dragon (Spin), Scissorhands, Tim etc. etc. etc. etc.)
          will forever keep me humble and inspired to "BAG ON!"

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
          Nice hitting TJ! Miss hits, shmiss hits! It looks good to me! The Everlast bag rocks doesn't it?
          Thanks MD, your vids helped me out with the killer continuous front/reverse double punches!
          Originally posted by Geronimo View Post
          Nice work there TJ!!! few months in and your killin' it already! keep on baggin!

Geronimo!
          Thanks my man! "So many techniques and combos............so little time!"
          Originally posted by dmarino61361 View Post
          You just started in December of 1999? 1998?

Nice job.

I need to practice.
          Thanks "D",
          Originally posted by Biff View Post
          Very nice. Looking pretty darn good for a few months under the board. Great job.
          Thanks Biff, I appreciate all the help and support to get me started!
          Originally posted by SpeedBagScissorhands View Post
          looking great TJ!!!!! great form- its easy 4 u! scissor
          Thanks ScissorHands, all I can say is "You're the Man!" (Of baggin' and Cinema.)
          Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          Man, TJ that's a great mix of techniques and combinations. Key factors to see are your linking skills, which were impressive. I see you are using all three linking options, passing the (1) lead fist (2) second fist and (3) both fists after a Double fist technique. (FDP). However you may want to expand that to all your Triple Elbow Strikes. You can do all three with the Outward Triple ES and the Downward Triple ES., both of which you do very well. I know you can link the lead, second or both fists from these Triple Elbow techniques because you're already doing it from a Front Double Punch (FDP), and the Triple ES are nothing more than a FDP with elbows added in.
          I liked the Split Fists and the great Side Double Punch (SDP) combinations. The bag looks a bit high in this video but you handled it just fine. Nice Arm positions and swing motions, as well as smooth even bag speed.
          Super progress for a short amount of time

Thank you Alan, I lowered my platform a bit (it was a bit high after switching to the 6x4 everlast) making my downward elbow strikes a little easier (and reverse punches). Also I started working on passing the lead fist/2nd fist/and both fists after the Downwar and Outward TES. I've got a ton of stuff to work on. Thanks for all your support and inspiration Alan, your contributions have started something bigger than you'll ever know! "The amazing, the incredible, awe-inspiring, killer art, of Speedbagging!" BAG ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Originally posted by Tim View Post
          Yes, that's tremendous progress for only 3 or 4 months of practice. You're a natural. Can't wait to see what you are doing 6months or 1 year in !!!! Great work TJ
          Thanks Tim, My goal is to be able to bag like you guys!
          Originally posted by sparrky37 View Post
          Great Job TJ! If you guys remember he was w/ me and Brian in St. Louis on the truck, Doin great then and has already progressed by leaps and bounds since then. Keep it up TJ!
          Thanks Sparky, Hows that Firehouse Platform doing? Send some pics and vids of you baggin' in your new setup.
          Originally posted by fingers View Post
          Really nice work TJ!! blazing a trail.
          Thanks fingers. Are you gonna make it to "Speedbag 2010?"
          Originally posted by deano View Post
          going like a house on fire TJ,your carving it up,top elbows mate.deano
          Thanks Brother, It means a lot coming from someone with your skills!
          Last edited by TJ_MaTee; 03-01-2010, 08:31 PM.
          T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• spinsmashpop
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Great job TJ!
            But I would expect nothing less as I saw you pick up thing swuite fast the day we bagged it up in the truck....
            (that was one cold day in St. LOuis, or the next town over I think.... it was near freezing , if not freezing... really took some of the fun out of the hang)....
            Anyhow... real good stuff... yes, lower that board a little... your elbows will follow through easier...
            and come on! show everyone here your natural rhythm....
            I was keeping time and TJ was punch drumming without a problem...
            Put a tune on and get some basics going to it...
            It is a rarity to see people really locked in to the rhythm with the bag... if you got it... use it....
            On that note ....I gotta get another clip up soon....
            GREAT JOB TJ!!!
            BAG ON!

Comment

• fingers
              Speed Bag Guru
              • May 2008

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
              Thanks Ms"D", trying to achieve the caliber of "baggin'" that I see on the forum (Alan, Skunk, The Dragon (Spin), Scissorhands, Tim etc. etc. etc. etc.)
              will forever keep me humble and inspired to "BAG ON!"

Thanks MD, your vids helped me out with the killer continuous front/reverse double punches!

Thanks my man! "So many techniques and combos............so little time!"

Thanks "D",

Thanks Biff, I appreciate all the help and support to get me started!

Thanks ScissorHands, all I can say is "You're the Man!" (Of baggin' and Cinema.)

Thank you Alan, I lowered my platform a bit (it was a bit high after switching to the 6x4 everlast) making my downward elbow strikes a little easier (and reverse punches). Also I started working on passing the lead fist/2nd fist/and both fists after the Downwar and Outward TES. I've got a ton of stuff to work on. Thanks for all your support and inspiration Alan, your contributions have started something bigger than you'll ever know! "The amazing, the incredible, awe-inspiring, killer art, of Speedbagging!" BAG ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Tim, My goal is to be able to bag like you guys!

Thanks Sparky, Hows that Firehouse Platform doing? Send some pics and vids of you baggin' in your new setup.

Thanks Brother, It means a lot coming from someone with your skills!

Quote:
              I wish i could make it to the biggest speedbag event since...ever but i could buy a car with what they want for the air fair!! but i will be there in spirit,

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Hey Fingers, If I had the $Cash$ I'd send you send you a ticket brother!
                Maybe someday. Everyone who's there from the forum, will be there to represent you!
                Bag On Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• fingers
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
                  Hey Fingers, If I had the $Cash$ I'd send you send you a ticket brother!
                  Maybe someday. Everyone who's there from the forum, will be there to represent you!
                  Bag On Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Thanks for the thought TJ

Comment

• biguglybear
                    • Mar 2010

You must be a speedbag natural, or something, if you've only been at it since November. Either that, or I just suck. I'm more inclined to believe the former. Well, that's more inspiration for me! Thanks for the vid!

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Keep On Bannin'

Originally posted by biguglybear View Post
                      You must be a speedbag natural, or something, if you've only been at it since November. Either that, or I just suck. I'm more inclined to believe the former. Well, that's more inspiration for me! Thanks for the vid!
                      Hey B.U.B., Thanks for checking out the vid, but whatever you do, don't get discouraged. My first week of baggin' was very slow. My first day, I was ready to hang it up because I could barely keep a front circle punch going.
                      I thought maybe I had an "oxygen deficiency" at some point when I was a kid (it felt like I had absolutely no coordination ).
                      Before i got my platform i bought Alans "Speed Bag Bible and DVD".
                      Also, I watched a lot of videos on the forum and Utube of all the best baggers. I try to hit the bag a little everyday, even if it's for few minutes.
                      You'll get better and better with just basic practice.
                      Just keep at it and you'll see what I mean.
                      "So many Combo's, So little Time!"
                      "Bag On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
                      T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...