• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

TJ's First Video Test (Post)

What's Happnin' Fella's?
    I think I figured out how to post a vid. I got my platform up and just started baggin' in December. I'ts a crude recording, out of focus and I was
    "winging" it, so there's lots of mistakes and miss-hits but here goes.

My 12 year old edited it and showed me how to post it.
    T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Hey TJ, your video is marked as private. It seems like only friends can view it. What's your YT username?

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Tjmatee

Originally posted by Biff View Post
      Hey TJ, your video is marked as private. It seems like only friends can view it. What's your YT username?
      Sorry Biff,
      I mistakedly had it marked as "private", (I changed it) should work alright now.
      Let me know if it doesn't.
      Last edited by TJ_MaTee; 02-27-2010, 04:59 PM.
      T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• atgatt
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

TJ, now be REAL honest, did you really only start in December?

Great hitting and a lot of different combos, all this starting in December?!!!

Man, does everyone have that Everlast bag but me. Golly.

From the sound of the hits, it seems like you keep your bag on the hard side of air pressure.

Glad you posted the vid, really enjoyed it.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Nice!

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
          What's Happnin' Fella's?
          I think I figured out how to post a vid. I got my platform up and just started baggin' in December. I'ts a crude recording, out of focus and I was
          "winging" it, so there's lots of mistakes and miss-hits but here goes.

Very nice repertoire of your bagging skills, TJ. And nice rhythm, too. I bought that bag, but, it's too hard for my *delicate* hands.

My 12 year old edited it and showed me how to post it.
          Nice video editing! (I had to ask my son how to edit my last video, too!)
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• metaldad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2007

Nice hitting TJ! Miss hits, shmiss hits! It looks good to me! The Everlast bag rocks doesn't it?
            sigpic

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Hey Atgatt, I honestly started in December. I ordered my platform from walmart the second week of November. By the time I finally got it (seemed to take forever) and
              modifying it to fit my basement (low ceiling), got some bags etc. etc. it was December.
              Prior to that I got Alans Speedbag bible and DVD and did some homework. Since then,
              I try to hit a little everyday, even if it's for 5 min. I've had tons of inspiration watching
              all the "Great" speedbaggers on the forum.
              The bag I'm using could have too much pressure, I'll have to experiement.
              Thanks for checkin' out the vid!
              T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• metaldad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2007

Hey Atgatt, I honestly started in December. I ordered my platform from walmart the second week of November. By the time I finally got it (seemed to take forever) and
                modifying it to fit my basement (low ceiling), got some bags etc. etc. it was December.
                Prior to that I got Alans Speedbag bible and DVD and did some homework. Since then,
                I try to hit a little everyday, even if it's for 5 min. I've had tons of inspiration watching
                all the "Great" speedbaggers on the forum.
                The bag I'm using could have too much pressure, I'll have to experiement.
                Thanks for checkin' out the vid!
                I gotta get practicin'!
                sigpic

Comment

• Geronimo
                  • Sep 2009

Nice work there TJ!!! few months in and your killin' it already! keep on baggin!

Geronimo!

Comment

• dmarino61361
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Nov 2009

You just started in December of 1999? 1998?

Nice job.

I need to practice.

Comment

• Biff
                      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Very nice. Looking pretty darn good for a few months under the board. Great job.

Comment

• SpeedBagScissorhands
                        Spin Master

• Aug 2008

looking great TJ!!!!! great form- its easy 4 u! scissor

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Man, TJ that's a great mix of techniques and combinations. Key factors to see are your linking skills, which were impressive. I see you are using all three linking options, passing the (1) lead fist (2) second fist and (3) both fists after a Double fist technique. (FDP). However you may want to expand that to all your Triple Elbow Strikes. You can do all three with the Outward Triple ES and the Downward Triple ES., both of which you do very well. I know you can link the lead, second or both fists from these Triple Elbow techniques because you're already doing it from a Front Double Punch (FDP), and the Triple ES are nothing more than a FDP with elbows added in.

I liked the Split Fists and the great Side Double Punch (SDP) combinations. The bag looks a bit high in this video but you handled it just fine. Nice Arm positions and swing motions, as well as smooth even bag speed.

Super progress for a short amount of time....
                          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
                            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Yes, that's tremendous progress for only 3 or 4 months of practice. You're a natural. Can't wait to see what you are doing 6months or 1 year in !!!! Great work TJ

Comment

• sparrky37
                              • Jan 2010

Great Job TJ! If you guys remember he was w/ me and Brian in St. Louis on the truck, Doin great then and has already progressed by leaps and bounds since then. Keep it up TJ!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...