Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

SpeedBagSkunk hits some great music :)

Hey i like both muscians lol

enjoy brothers and sisters
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Very, very nice job, Skunk. But you do look a little washed out in the second vid!!!!

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
      Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

really biff?

i made both videos one after another. dang. didnt think i looked washed out im keeping a good speed through it all right?

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Hey Skunk, Great Baggin' as usual! Sounded really cool. But I coulda used a little more cowbell (volume on the bag)! Killer combo's, killer job of mixin' em up! Liked the effects on the second vid. Cool to see you post one on the forum. Thanks brother.
        T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• fingers
          Speed Bag Guru
          • May 2008

Excellent as usual Skunk!! you always deliver!!

Comment

• Geronimo
            • Sep 2009

I watch ya vids Skunk and next thing im doing is hitting the bag, thanks for more great footage to watch. Btw the music choice, what ev's music is matter of opinion like color or anything else, its about how you enjoy the music!

Comment

• atgatt
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Nov 2007

skunk, outstanding! Maybe it's because I know the song Poker Face, you seemed to just keep the bag in rhythm with that song so nicely. Lady Ga Ga should have you on stage with her. You should send her that video.

Hey, while I'm posting to you, when Brian Tichy showed his hitting in the speed bag truck, he did a unique hand roll. Rather than just roll hand over hand, he did it with his hand separated so that the bag bounced in a V-figure very rapidly back and forth. Brian was great getting his hands fairly wide apart as he rolled them. I think he said you started that hit. I wished I had it on tape when he did it. Can you show it?

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Great combo's, especially in that first video. Man you mix some incredible elbows. Amazing Blazing speed also. In the second video I really loved the ending, with the Inward-Triple ES, Spin to Outward Triple ES on three rebounds. Ending dead on beat. Great finish.

Your Punch Drumming Skills are really improving! great video's.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                  Very, very nice job, Skunk. But you do look a little washed out in the second vid!!!!

Originally posted by SpeedBagSkunk View Post
                  i made both videos one after another. dang. didnt think i looked washed out im keeping a good speed through it all right?
                  Hey Skunk, I think Biff is only talking about the "washed out" effect you have on the clip itself.... the skills are sick as usual....

Originally posted by atgatt View Post
                  Hey, while I'm posting to you, when Brian Tichy showed his hitting in the speed bag truck, he did a unique hand roll. Rather than just roll hand over hand, he did it with his hand separated so that the bag bounced in a V-figure very rapidly back and forth. Brian was great getting his hands fairly wide apart as he rolled them. I think he said you started that hit. I wished I had it on tape when he did it. Can you show it?
                  I learned that from SKunk in Tim's garage. Skunk named it the "Drum Roll" as opposed to the standard fist roll. Skunk also showed me how to weave between the 2 rolls, which I think is a great challenge and technique to put together. I demonstrate this in the "Jingle Bag Rock" vid, (:58- 1:05), during the guitar solo section. I go from 1 bar of fist rolling, to 1 bar of drum rolling, and repeat. It is a bit hard to detect as that was the first time I filmed a clip using the camera on my mac book pro, and it just doesn't have high enough res to catch all the finer detail. But nonetheless, it is there...

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                  In the second video I really loved the ending, with the Inward-Triple ES, Spin to Outward Triple ES on three rebounds. Ending dead on beat. Great finish.
                  Your Punch Drumming Skills are really improving! great video's.
                  Yes, that ending is totally badass!!!!!
                  BAG ON!!!!!

Comment

• atgatt
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                    I demonstrate this in the "Jingle Bag Rock" vid, (:58- 1:05), during the guitar solo section. I go from 1 bar of fist rolling, to 1 bar of drum rolling, and repeat. It is a bit hard to detect as that was the first time I filmed a clip using the camera on my mac book pro, and it just doesn't have high enough res to catch all the finer detail. But nonetheless, it is there...
                    spin, yes sir, that's it. Great hitting throughout and I really enjoyed the whole routine AND the song.

The only "problem" with the vid is that since it is a side view, you can't see how far your hands are separated when you do that particular roll and it is hard to see the bag bouncing side to side as it is done. Anyway, thanks for posting that, but someday either you or Skunk have to post a vid of that particular roll from more of a back or front angle so people can see what a remarkable style that is. The timing and precision hits in that roll still amaze me. You should call it, The V-roll. A big challenge is how wide someone can make the "V". You were pretty darn wide.

My grandson Daniel got of phone vid of you hitting on the truck and I have to go see if he caught that roll.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Nov 2007

Excellent video Skunk. Loved the elbows into a spin, that was cool man!

Comment

• deano
                        Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

top stuff,you were on the rev limiter a couple of times there Skunk.deano

Comment

• metaldad
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Apr 2007

HAHA! My wife and kids love both tunes so of course they got a kick out of your skills when added to the beat.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Biff
                            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by Biff View Post

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                            Hey Skunk, I think Biff is only talking about the "washed out" effect you have on the clip itself....
                            Zach, BT nailed it. I was talking about the effect on the clip, not your performance. You are the SKUNK.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...