X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Geronimo
    • Sep 2009

LIL Game I play SB'ing!

Well yesterday I was off work SBing alot of the day, I was thinking to myself on how far ive come along with SB since i got AKs SBBible. When we< my fiance> and I ordered it back @ the 1st of the year. She seemed very into the whole ordeal. Now that its few months gone by Ive seen she hasnt had that desire that she did around Xmass. So I got to thinking. Turns out she just told me last night after work that she just felt like with the changing of swivels to our INDOOR setup in our workout room and the fact that she feels like she starting over with the SB bible she lost some drive in the whole process.

So heres what i came up with..... Everyone LOVES TO LEARN when its fun, enjoyable and they having a good time with low stress. Dre < my fiance > has trouble remembering ALANS nice big combo lines, and this is where DRE gets frustrated. So last night I did this.... As a kid it was a game I used to play with my friends on our SK8 Boards. Same deal as the game kids play in school called TELEPHONE or w/e it was called. The game goes as so... ITS A COMBO / LINE / STRING game for fun n' consistency. We start with the BASIC Rhythm LLRR, and the 1st person picks a small segment to work with, so for example I went 1st and added after the LLRR - FSP,RCP,FSP,RCP, Switch hands FSP,RCP,FSP,RCP, so more or less very simple LLRR, to 2 links on each hand. Dre then Picked from the last Link 10 seconds of FFR, So now we gots LLRR,x2links both hands, into the FFR, I choose 5 set FDPs then and we went on n on to about 10 set combo lines. This in a sense when ya both on same skill lvl can be more competitive game and one would lose when they messed up the line. But since its dre and I dont COMPETE with her, it was merely to get her brain to enjoy and memorizing combos. I hope that this lil game will help her remember and work with AK's harder combos in later parts of the SB Bible.

BTW~~~~~ We got a camcorder so ill be posting Vids soon show ya guys how my SB skillz have came along since ive joined the forums < I was total newb, only able to work the Basic LLRR back then and wasnt very graceful at all then> So ill get my 1st SB vid posted today!

Geronimo
  • SpeedBagScissorhands
    Spin Master

• Aug 2008

seems like a nice fun way to learn! good idea. I also look foward to your video! scissor

Comment

• Geronimo
      • Sep 2009

Well I made few vids already this morning, but when i go to upload them in youtube I keep getting error messages. So I went to try to play around in editing, /fail atm for editing any footage, have to learn Codec switch from MTS to MPEG/AVI etc from HD compressed footage to Mpeg so my WMM can use the footage in smaller segments. But Im sure ill get this all figured out soon enough " GOOGLE" Ftw

Comment

• ukspeedbag
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

Hey Geronimo, sounds like a good way of keeping your girl interested. Hope you get the video's uploaded.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Geronimo View Post
          Well I made few vids already this morning, but when i go to upload them in youtube I keep getting error messages. So I went to try to play around in editing, /fail atm for editing any footage, have to learn Codec switch from MTS to MPEG/AVI etc from HD compressed footage to Mpeg so my WMM can use the footage in smaller segments. But Im sure ill get this all figured out soon enough " GOOGLE" Ftw
          I'm a Mac-user, and not all that savvy when it comes to the technical computer "stuff." When I view my videos on my computer, they're in AVI format when uploaded from my camera – whatever THAT means ). My Mac uses Quicktime... I can go up to File, and it gives me choices of how to Save and/or Export it – as a ".mov" or ",MP4," etc. Not sure if any of this info will help in your situation, but I thought I'd throw it out there. I'm not sure, but perhaps YouTube has a "Help" section for uploading videos...
          Hopefully, Tim, or Alan might have some ideas/suggestions... Good luck, G.

Can't wait to see your videos...
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Geronimo
            • Sep 2009

GAH Need a lesson from someone on how to take the MTS files and convert them into MPEG with one the codec converting programs, then i can get a ton of footage on the website

Then how to edit footage!:cool

Im sure Dre and I can figure it out together this evening!

Geronimo

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Geronimo View Post
              GAH Need a lesson from someone on how to take the MTS files and convert them into MPEG with one the codec converting programs, then i can get a ton of footage on the website

Then how to edit footage!:cool

Im sure Dre and I can figure it out together this evening!

Geronimo
              Here is a program that will convert MTS to other formats for editing.

this video clip may help also.

Personally I don't shoot in HD (yet) but I convert video formats easily with the AVS Video Converter programs.

By the way, I like your speed bag game. I never thought my written combinations would be used quite like that, but I'm for using any method that works for you.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• deano
                Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

thats a bonus having the girlfriend punch with you,and good to see im not the only one who struggles with the computer,look forwardto the vid deano

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...