X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aad03

• Jan 2010

Latest Video

Just an update on my progress, for anyone who cares. Its been 6 weeks now. A few mess-ups, and still some form issues, but not bad.

• atgatt
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

aad, very nice, enjoyed watching the rhythm. Looks like you have quality speed bags. Even at a distance the leather looks good. Also noticed that your loop is long, do you prefer that way?

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Lookin' good. Lots of linking, done picture perfect, some F-Roll, lots of double punches, and even some single elbow strikes. Pretty good repertoire for only 6 weeks!

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

Thanks guys, I like the feel of linking, also helps me set the bag straight if itr starts to veer. Man, speed bags are like baseball cards, i just keep wanting to collect more. att, the swivel has a little piece of leather replacing the metal hook, so it looks longer than the swivel itself actually is. Here's what I did: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...ead.php?t=2310

Comment

• deano
          Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

going well,keep punching and posting

Comment

• metaldad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2007

Great job. Especially the linking.Your setup looks good. You in a one car garage? If so, do you share a wall with your neighbor or is your garage on your own property? I ask because you don't have your back to the door. I had to set mine up with my back to the door. I live in a condo and the garage shares walls on both sides and I was being th "good neighbor" when I installed my platform. Yours looks solid enough that if you did share a wall, the vibration wouldn't be felt on the other side. I'm thinking of swtching to one of the side walls because I hate having my back to the door even though it's closed.
            Last edited by metaldad; 02-18-2010, 06:12 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Biff
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Looking very good for just 6 weeks under the board. Keep bagging, you'll be amazed at how fast you progress.

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Lookin Good AA, What your doing looks really good! Solid technique.
                Nice platform, looks solid as a rock. What kind of bag were you hitting?
                Looks like you've got a killer collection of them. Which ones do you like best?
                Keep up the good work!
                T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

My setup is in a detached garage, so the neighbors aren't really an issue. I have two Balazs I-box platforms with a bag of sand on top, and they are pretty solid. I actually made a couple platforms myself that I will post pictures of tonight.

I'm hitting a Lonsdale Small (lonsdaleusa.com) in the video. I love that bag; it seems to be a good balance between speed and weight.

I like the Everlast 6x4, and I just got a Pro-Mex 9x6 from Title that I really like. Those two and the Lonsdale are my favorites.

Side Note: They have the Everlast 6x4 in stock at BoxingDepot.com, I think solid black is the only color though.

Comment

• Geronimo
                    • Sep 2009

Your set up is very nice man im diggin' that alot, Nice fluid punching and the linking looked great!

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

Here's a sequence of photos of the process of building one of my platforms. It is all heavy gauge steel, welded. I drilled holes using my Balazs template, so it is compatible with the Balazs drums. www.thedukedoctrine.com/balazstemp.pdf

After a coat of paint, and some unistrut for height adjustment, it is ready for the drum. I have some pics of this completed platform, and another one I made, I will post those when I get home.

I should also add that my family owns a commercial window framing company (www.dukeglass.com) , and one of the guys "needed something to do." You'll see him sanding the edges in one of the pics.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Geronimo
                        • Sep 2009

Hurricane proof?!?! my goodness thats a TOUGH setup!

Very nice AA

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

Here's some pics of the platforms I made. The white drum I made with a sheet of plexiglass, with some plywood sandwiched between. That thing is rock solid. Also one pic of the setup in my garage.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Biff
                            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Damn, that's some nice work, aad03. If you ever want to sell (or make another) one of those beauties, I'd sure be interested in buying one.

Comment

• atgatt
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Nov 2007

Can you say, BULLET PROOF. VERY nicely done.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...