• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atgatt
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

Brian and Alan, thanks!

Brian Tichy is seen signing drum sticks in the Speedbag Truck for my grandson, Daniel, who is a percussionist in 8th grade and will continue in high school. Foreigner was in San Antonio on Feb 12 and Brian got us in to the concert even though he was very busy that evening. Also there in Brian's crew was Speedbagtrucker. Both of them gave Daniel and me quite a speed bag demonstration. Brian also showed a side to side punch roll that was amazing. Never seen it before.

It was a fantastic show Foreigner put on. I read a San Antonio review of the show and it praised the group for their great performance. They really go all out.

Alan sent some signed sticks too to Daniel with a nice letter. All the sticks and letter are shown in a shadow box and the picture of Brian signing the sticks will be added in it.

Thanks again Brian and Alan for going out of your way to be so helpful and kind.

Tim, I signed the platform farthest from the door. I should call myself "Front Punch Only" so I'm not mistaken with the real speed baggers. Oh well, I'm having fun too.
    Attached Files
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by atgatt View Post
    Brian Tichy is seen signing drum sticks in the Speedbag Truck for my grandson, Daniel, who is a percussionist in 8th grade and will continue in high school. Foreigner was in San Antonio on Feb 12 and Brian got us in to the concert even though he was very busy that evening. Also there in Brian's crew was Speedbagtrucker. Both of them gave Daniel and me quite a speed bag demonstration. Brian also showed a side to side punch roll that was amazing. Never seen it before.

It was a fantastic show Foreigner put on. I read a San Antonio review of the show and it praised the group for their great performance. They really go all out.

Alan sent some signed sticks too to Daniel with a nice letter. All the sticks and letter are shown in a shadow box and the picture of Brian signing the sticks will be added in it.

Thanks again Brian and Alan for going out of your way to be so helpful and kind.
    Hey Atgatt,

I'm glad that it worked and you and your grandson got to meet BT and see Foreigner. All glory in this goes to BT for opening the backdoor to You and Daniel (and all baggers), and you for taking him to San Antonio through some pretty bad weather.

Tim, I signed the platform farthest from the door. I should call myself "Front Punch Only" so I'm not mistaken with the real speed baggers. Oh well, I'm having fun too.
    There is no mistaking my friend. You ARE A REAL SPEED BAGGER, regardless of how many sides of the bag you use, how fast you hit or the size of your bags. If you love the sound and feel of the bag, love being under the board and doing the best you can, and love teaching others, then you are a real speed bagger. I believe you've got that well covered.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 02-15-2010, 09:59 PM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• sparrky37
      • Jan 2010

Awesome! Pretty cool right! The truck and Foreigner show was one of my cooler expierences in life. Glad to see you and your grandson got to expierence it also . You got Alan also even cooler.

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

The SBT is just one awesome experience! But that's just a fraction of the great time! Meeting Brian, Alan and checking out Foreigner are the icing on the cake.
        sigpic

Comment

• SpeedBagScissorhands
          Spin Master

• Aug 2008

BT is the man! end of story

Comment

• Biff
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

And the beat goes on!!!! The legend of the SBT touches the life of another bagger.

It was great that both AK and BT signed sticks for your grandson. I'm sure it was a memorable experience for both you and him. This proves once again how the bag can bring people together. Nice to hear that you both had a enjoyable time.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Nov 2007

Great people. How kind of BT and AK. They are so cool!

Comment

• atgatt
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Nov 2007

Their giving sure gets appreciated for sure.

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                Hey Atgatt,
                There is no mistaking my friend. You ARE A REAL SPEED BAGGER, regardless of how many sides of the bag you use, how fast you hit or the size of your bags. If you love the sound and feel of the bag, love being under the board and doing the best you can, and love teaching others, then you are a real speed bagger. I believe you've got that well covered.
                For the record, although my right shoulder does prevent me from doing "fancy" moves, I do prefer most of all hitting the speed bag "boxing style" because that is what I want from it, doing boxing combos on it. Even Brian Tichy showed me how he does a 'smack' hit on the bag the way Freddie Roach says how a punch and hook should be thrown.

Fortunately for me, all of you like to hit "fancy" and I get the big benefit of seeing your art on the bag. It is very entertaining to me to see such a skill. I just want to be upfront that I don't hit like that.

"This proves once again how the bag can bring people together." Well said, Biff.

Comment

• Tim
                  Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

That's great. Very glad to hear you guys got out to the truck.

Cool I'm glad to hear you signed it. I'm looking forward to having it back in the garage with some extra ink on it! We're all baggers and we stick together. I do a lot of front punch, ain't nothin' wrong with that! If you love the speed bag you are one of us, doesn't really matter what you do with it!

Originally posted by sparrky37 View Post
                  Awesome! Pretty cool right! The truck and Foreigner show was one of my cooler expierences in life. Glad to see you and your grandson got to expierence it also . You got Alan also even cooler.
                  Ditto for me, definitely one of the best memories I will have for the rest of my life is my time on the truck and backstage with Brian.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    That's great. Very glad to hear you guys got out to the truck.

Cool I'm glad to hear you signed it. I'm looking forward to having it back in the garage with some extra ink on it! We're all baggers and we stick together. I do a lot of front punch, ain't nothin' wrong with that! If you love the speed bag you are one of us, doesn't really matter what you do with it!

Ditto for me, definitely one of the best memories I will have for the rest of my life is my time on the truck and backstage with Brian.
                    Hey Atgatt! It was nice meeting you and your cousin. I wish it could have been a longer hang. (***It was one of those odd shows...it was a rodeo and Foreigner played after, so we didn't have total control of the venue and the goings-on. It made for a solid 30-45 mins of confusion trying to get Atgatt backstage. ....)
                    Well, at least we hooked up... glad you two had a good time......But usually , we get a couple hours by the bag. Maybe next time.....
                    BAG ON!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...