New member, 2nd video. Thanks for the tips!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matthew33
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2010

New member, 2nd video. Thanks for the tips!

I got a lot of nice tips from you guys. I worked on keeping a steady pace. Here's what I got:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

A little better control of bag speed than the first video. You will probably notice more consistent and noticeable improvement in terms of weeks than days but you're making progress. Try maintaining some continous Reverse Single Punching (RSP), Reverse Double Punching (RDP) and Reverse Fist Rolling (R-Roll) to begin developing a bit more range and control from behind the bag. That will also help your swing consistency.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Matthew33
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

A little better control of bag speed than the first video. You will probably notice more consistent and noticeable improvement in terms of weeks than days but you're making progress. Try maintaining some continous Reverse Single Punching (RSP), Reverse Double Punching (RDP) and Reverse Fist Rolling (R-Roll) to begin developing a bit more range and control from behind the bag. That will also help your swing consistency.
      I have no problem with the RSP or the RDP, but can't do the R-Roll. It doesn't even feel comfortable to me when I try it. I'll keep working on it. Also, how do you post the video in the thread (as opposed to posting the youtube link)?

Comment

• Roc Stone
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2007

Tim Platt-forum gave an excellent tutorial on 'How To Embeding Youtube Vids' about 4-5 threads down in this section, check it out.

I noticed you going for the outward triple elbow (O-TES), that does take some work and it is good to see you going for it. You'll get there.

Good quiff too!
        sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• ukspeedbag
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2007

Nice work! So how long have you been speed bagging? Looks like you've been at it for some time. Either that or you a natural!

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Smooth spin you got going there, great job

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Matthew33 View Post
              I have no problem with the RSP or the RDP, but can't do the R-Roll. It doesn't even feel comfortable to me when I try it. I'll keep working on it. Also, how do you post the video in the thread (as opposed to posting the youtube link)?
              Here is a post on embedding video into a post

pretty easy actually, just put the youtube video code between youtube brackets [yt] and [/yt]
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• deano
                Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

mr natural

top stuff Mat,very impressive,i agree with Vin,for such limited time on the ball,
                your a natural.deano

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...