X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sparrky37
    • Jan 2010

1st day of drummin.Alan,Brian,TJ&drummers

Alan,Brian,TJ,and other drummers. What do you think? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Du9e8zV2YU
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by sparrky37 View Post
    Alan,Brian,TJ,and other drummers. What do you think? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Du9e8zV2YU
    You didn't ask me, but I'll tell you what I think... I'm jealous!!!! I wish I had a drum set

Drum On!

Comment

• sparrky37
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Tim View Post
      You didn't ask me, but I'll tell you what I think... I'm jealous!!!! I wish I had a drum set

Drum On!
      Got real lucky! My friend Joe had an extra set. I've always wanted to learn so ya pretty cool.
      Last edited by sparrky37; 01-29-2010, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

The Greatest Solo started with a new drummer learning to hold the sticks. My own suggestion, kind of "old school" is begin learning some basic Drum Rudiments

and

Drum database

I realize their are many paths to becoming a drummer. Learning the classic sticking rudiments can't hurt no matter what path you take. LIke the speed bag, where it all starts with fist control, in Drums it all starts with Stick Control, and that you can learn from the basic rudiments.

IMO.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• sparrky37
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          The Greatest Solo started with a new drummer learning to hold the sticks. My own suggestion, kind of "old school" is begin learning some basic Drum Rudiments

and

Drum database

I realize their are many paths to becoming a drummer. Learning the classic sticking rudiments can't hurt no matter what path you take. LIke the speed bag, where it all starts with fist control, in Drums it all starts with Stick Control, and that you can learn from the basic rudiments.

IMO.
          Awesome stuff Alan Thanks!

Comment

• atgatt
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2007

I never knew to recently that Alan's drumming days go waaaaaaaaaay back. My 13 year old grandson Daniel is seriously into percussion and Alan has been a big inspiration to him.

Sparrky, I admire your drive to learn such a complicated piece of music equipment. Brian sure can put on a show and play great drums all at the same time.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...