• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
    Good stuff Deville!

After the inward elbow try curling/rotating back the fist on that same arm to get an additional (FCP) on the bag, single rebound style.

If you can get the hang of doing that on both sides, eventually you will be able to link them together using only one rebound. It becomes a rolling combination with a really swell 'accented rhythm'.
    I'm still a bit ignorant of the names of the punches... For instance, I'm not sure what FCP stands for.

Here's another clip (Pt. 3)... Is this what you're talking about, Roc? I'm coming back after the inward elbow and hitting with the same fist, but, I'm thinking that I should be hitting it more, sideways, and not as a forward fist punch.

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

If memory serves me right, FCP= Front Circle Punch

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
        If memory serves me right, FCP= Front Circle Punch
        Thanks for the quick reply, Dutchman. Sooo, I think that's what I'm doing in the beginning of the last clip I posted... I just need to practice more and make it more fluid...
        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Roc Stone
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2007

Good work Deville, you definetely got the motion happening, but you may have to slow down a little for this one, or in your case slow down a lot.
          As noted, you've got that little whippy snap at the end/completion of your movement, which once you have got this move down pat, will come in handy. Also the swivel you are using should be really good for this combo.

This won't come easy and is what I consider to be a pinnacle of SB combos. The only reference to any name of this combo, that I'm aware of, is the 'Rocky Greiner'.

Summing up, it is a very satisfying combo to achieve.

sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Roc, you are an original and an innovator! Keep it up!
            Take it cool Homeboy!
            T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Good work Deville, you definetely got the motion happening, but you may have to slow down a little for this one, or in your case slow down a lot.
              I know, I know. I'll work on slowing it down. promise.

As noted, you've got that little whippy snap at the end/completion of your movement, which once you have got this move down pat, will come in handy. Also the swivel you are using should be really good for this combo.

This won't come easy and is what I consider to be a pinnacle of SB combos. The only reference to any name of this combo, that I'm aware of, is the 'Rocky Greiner'.

Summing up, it is a very satisfying combo to achieve.
              Yes, I've watched 'Rocky Greiner's' video and was amazed at his agility on such a big bag.

Thanks for your video demonstration. It is very helpful. I'm going out to practice it right now – and slow it down. I'll use my big red Everlast, as I will be able to control the speed a little better on it. Thanks again, Roc

Comment

• deano
                Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

determination

hey Dee,its all been said ,your a very determined girl who just keeps powering on
                you have the speedbag bull by the horns.hopefully in the next few weeks my eldest girl will be back home and has said she is keen to post up a vid on the forum,might help to prop up the girl numbers a bit.keep punching mate .deano

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by deano View Post
                  hey Dee,its all been said ,your a very determined girl who just keeps powering on
                  you have the speedbag bull by the horns.hopefully in the next few weeks my eldest girl will be back home and has said she is keen to post up a vid on the forum,might help to prop up the girl numbers a bit.keep punching mate .deano
                  So, it runs in the family, eh? I have 3 sons: 26, 28, and 30... but, none have shown much interest... YET. (I'm workin' on 'em, though!)

I can't wait to see your daughter's handiwork on the bag.

And I think another demonstration by the Great Deano is in order. (Your last video was simply amazing to watch.)
                  Last edited by MsDeville; 01-16-2010, 06:04 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...