• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RenoRattler
    • Sep 2009

Some practice from SBR.

That's right, Speed Bag Rattler.

At it again, been working on turning my elbows into triples. Also, converted to a new platform and a plastic ballhook swivel.

• Roc Stone
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2007

Good stuff Reno!

Excellent consistancy and solid triples in either direction. Have you given the 4-way out and down elbow strike a crack yet? It's a nice one to get going left and right.

The split fists are good, it could be time to put in a little variation there though. It would be good to see some side single fist linking and double punching. How you going with your side punching?

An alternating 3 single strikes from the back of the board and 3 from the front is also a cool way to link between combos, which would be good to see in your next vid.

Keep those vids coming
    sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• Biff
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Real solid, RR (or is it SBR now? lol). I like the smooth transition between the split fists. Very nicely done. Your practice has been paying off. Good job.

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
        Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

great job

awesome work bro. did i get your picture?

Comment

• spinsmashpop
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Rattler; great stuff! You are super consistent and smooth! Definitely putting quality time in. Your vids are the perfect demonstration that practicing evenly and slowly brings out the best progress. Another great thing in your progress is that you are keeping all the punches and rebounds at the same pace. I think that is one of the harder sides of speed bagging.
          Keep it going, you'll be doing side combos and reverses shortly.
          BAG ON!

Comment

• fingers
            Speed Bag Guru
            • May 2008

Great work RR!

Comment

• ukspeedbag
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Nov 2007

Rattler, that was great work mate. Very consistent and the triples are coming on fine.

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Reno, Killer job, looks like you've been putting some consistant work into your baggin' routine. I just started about 2 weeks ago, I've come a long way from my 1st day, but still have a long way to go. How long have you been going at it to get to where you are? Again, Great Job!
                T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• RenoRattler
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
                  Good stuff Reno!

Excellent consistancy and solid triples in either direction. Have you given the 4-way out and down elbow strike a crack yet? It's a nice one to get going left and right.

The split fists are good, it could be time to put in a little variation there though. It would be good to see some side single fist linking and double punching. How you going with your side punching?

An alternating 3 single strikes from the back of the board and 3 from the front is also a cool way to link between combos, which would be good to see in your next vid.

Keep those vids coming
                  I have not given the 4-way a try yet. Side punching is pretty non-existant at the moment. I've tried to get it a couple times, but haven't been able to.

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                  Real solid, RR (or is it SBR now? lol). I like the smooth transition between the split fists. Very nicely done. Your practice has been paying off. Good job.
                  Thanks!
                  Originally posted by SpeedBagSkunk View Post
                  awesome work bro. did i get your picture?
                  Sorry Skunk, I haven't sent one yet! I'll get one out this weekend I think.
                  Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                  Rattler; great stuff! You are super consistent and smooth! Definitely putting quality time in. Your vids are the perfect demonstration that practicing evenly and slowly brings out the best progress. Another great thing in your progress is that you are keeping all the punches and rebounds at the same pace. I think that is one of the harder sides of speed bagging.
                  Keep it going, you'll be doing side combos and reverses shortly.
                  BAG ON!
                  Thanks Spin! I heard Skunk in one of his vids say that learning the Control Bag was the hard the part. I've worked really hard at not trying to just blaze, although at times it still happens.
                  Originally posted by fingers View Post
                  Great work RR!
                  Thanks Fingers!
                  Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
                  Rattler, that was great work mate. Very consistent and the triples are coming on fine.
                  Thanks bro!
                  Originally posted by Ted Matichak View Post
                  Reno, Killer job, looks like you've been putting some consistant work into your baggin' routine. I just started about 2 weeks ago, I've come a long way from my 1st day, but still have a long way to go. How long have you been going at it to get to where you are? Again, Great Job!
                  I started in August, so about five months. I'm usually out in the garage at least once a day, and it's always for a minimum of 15 minutes or so.

Comment

• deano
                    Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

5 months and killing it

Rattler, for a bloke who's only been going for a short while you are killing it.the elbows are excellent and smooth and more combos will flow on quickly from there
                    keep the vids coming.deano

Comment

• Speedbag
                      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

BEAUTIFUL POSITION!! Rattler, you're a post boy for "speed bag stance when punching". You shoulder to elbow position is amazingly stable. Rock solid. You're swinging in your single punches mostly from the elbow, which I think is the most efficient way, and your alternating split fists are really smooth.

Great improvement on all fronts. Downward Triples look solid also!
                      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                      The Quest Continues...
                      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Nice video update, SBR aka RR

Originally posted by deano View Post
                        Rattler, for a bloke who's only been going for a short while you are killing it.the elbows are excellent and smooth and more combos will flow on quickly from there
                        keep the vids coming.deano
                        Boy, ditto that! SBR, you and I started around the same time, but I sure have a ways to go. You've certainly got the rhythm thing down. Not to mention everything else. I gotta concentrate more on the control part.

Nice. Very nice.
                        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• RenoRattler
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                          BEAUTIFUL POSITION!! Rattler, you're a post boy for "speed bag stance when punching". You shoulder to elbow position is amazingly stable. Rock solid. You're swinging in your single punches mostly from the elbow, which I think is the most efficient way, and your alternating split fists are really smooth.

Great improvement on all fronts. Downward Triples look solid also!
                          Thanks Alan! You guys really inspire me to work as hard as I can.
                          Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                          Boy, ditto that! SBR, you and I started around the same time, but I sure have a ways to go. You've certainly got the rhythm thing down. Not to mention everything else. I gotta concentrate more on the control part.

Nice. Very nice.
                          Thanks! I think you are doing quite well yourself.

I think musicians are naturals for the speed bag, just look at Spin. Our rhythm has already been trained, just have to make out fists do what we want.(Although Mr. Tichy is a much better musician than me. )

Comment

• Tim
                            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Great Job Rattler, A solid 2:33 of strikes of all types, great linking, great f-roll, elbows, you are doing very well for 5 months.

What kind of platform is the new one?

Comment

• RenoRattler
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                              Great Job Rattler, A solid 2:33 of strikes of all types, great linking, great f-roll, elbows, you are doing very well for 5 months.

What kind of platform is the new one?
                              It's a Century. This one.

The framing is rock solid, with a nicer drum it will be a great platform.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...