X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crapsterface
    • Nov 2009

My Superswivel

showing the swivel i made and hitting the bag. my knuckles hurt from folowing through too much beforeand hitting the wall and my arms r tired so not my best ...

let me know what you guys think of it
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Pretty cool, never thought of that! Is the overall arc shorter with that compared to the normal S hook? Kind of hard to tell in the video, it looks like it might be a tiny bit shorter ?

Comment

• Crapsterface
      • Nov 2009

Actually its much shorter thats why I did it.The link i used was a weider chainlink. It works really good depending what your working on. Its much faster then the S hook ( actualy this one came with a triangle carribeaner) I hit the speedbag to improve the speed and pop in my punches. (Speed X Mass = Power) So the faster the bag moves the faster you hav to hit it. Also the way you train is the way you react. I also try to Max out on speed everytime. but i need a fast bag to do that (that is with the 3 bounce thing and the double hammer and other realistc hits like that). My fast bag busted on me
      Last edited by Crapsterface; 12-05-2009, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

Crapsterface, does it stay central on the link when in action? looking at it, I would have thought it would tilt to one side resting against the side of the link, if you know what I mean.

It's good that your bringing these experiments and ideas to the forum.

Comment

• Crapsterface
          • Nov 2009

No it dosent stay still. when u hit say the 3 bounce or the double or roll, it stays fairly put to one side. Its still hitable but it gets out of control if your not pinpoint precice. You can hit it from all dif directions if u want but the regualar old ball and hook is better for that. its kind of like if somone never hit a ballhook before and it bounces alover the place. Only it slides and bounces. somone who hits lots shouldnt hav many probs. But it aint for newbs. My u bolt actually goes faster. it just seemd faster to me because i had the crapy metal one hooked up for a while. then i got the plastic and it moved quiker. then i tried the link atatched to it and it was quiker yet. but the rival ubolt is still faster.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Crapsterface View Post
            No it dosent stay still. when u hit say the 3 bounce or the double or roll, it stays fairly put to one side. Its still hitable but it gets out of control if your not pinpoint precice. You can hit it from all dif directions if u want but the regualar old ball and hook is better for that. its kind of like if somone never hit a ballhook before and it bounces alover the place. Only it slides and bounces. somone who hits lots shouldnt hav many probs. But it aint for newbs. My u bolt actually goes faster. it just seemd faster to me because i had the crapy metal one hooked up for a while. then i got the plastic and it moved quiker. then i tried the link atatched to it and it was quiker yet. but the rival ubolt is still faster.
            You might reduce all that by putting some washers on either side. Just a thought, give it a try.

Comment

• Crapsterface
              • Nov 2009

Ya i dont hav the right sizes but thats a good idea. I already got washers on my ubolt so it dont slide back and forth along the pin.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...