• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roc Stone
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2007

Cleto Reyers on a Jim Bradley swivel

Not the easiest combination for bag and swivel.

Today I ventured down to Deano's on the Gixxer and took a couple of XS bags with me, one of which was the Cleto Reyers.

Here's how it went.

sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'
  • ukspeedbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

Thanks for sharing that Roc Stone. Nice work from you both, Deano's techniques are definitely unique.

I have the Same Cleto Reyes xs, it's tiny, smaller than my Everlast 4x6. It's the most difficult bag to keep under control compared to all my bags, hence, I haven't made a video with it. The speed is amazing too!

Comment

• spinsmashpop
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Great footage! That bag looks fast! Deano is pretty sick. You too have have some great skills Roc! Great to see others around the globe getting together in the name of the bag!
      BAG ON!

Comment

• Crapsterface
        • Nov 2009

I use to hav that bag. it had a short life span. i have the remains of it somwere lol. Id by another one in 2 seconds.

Comment

• Crapsterface
          • Nov 2009

what is a jim bradley swivel? is that a brand ?

Comment

• Crapsterface
            • Nov 2009

i just saw the jim bradly stuff and i must admit im pretty curious about it. is that the polycarbon swivel your using? how does it stalk up to other swivels? and do u hav any JB speedbags? if so how do they hit and how fast do they go and all that stuff?

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
              Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

Great!!

Awesome speedbag work guys. Killer moves for sure! Looks like a awesome time. See i couldnt imagine if all of the forum got together and we had like 8 or more bags to switch out on. MAN o MAN the Greatness of all videos would be made there!

2 thumbs wayyyy up for the both of you on some sick speedbag skills

Brother
              SpeedBagSkunk

Comment

• Roc Stone
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Oct 2007

Thanks Guys.

Much obliged.

As for the JB swivel, It is lightning fast, the swing arc is very acute. It's a lot more rigid than the B/H and it is true that it is only good for hitting in a single plane rather than from all around the board. It can be done, you've just gotta put in some set up punches in to make it head in the direction you wanna go.
                The JB speed bags are 2nd to none. The loop is super short and the leather is like no other leather I've seen on a speedbag before, it is so soft you don't break these bags in. The smallest size they come in is a 7x10
                sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• Jordan
                  • Jun 2009

WOW....for $99 bucks for a speedbag, they better be the best in the world

Comment

• Crapsterface
                    • Nov 2009

sonds like my kind of swivel, and iv already had a reyes its in the graveyrd. ill probly end up with that sooner or later LOL. first chance i get

Comment

• deano
                      Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

Meet Roc

Was great to finally meet Roc, we had spoken a couple of times on the phone and was just a matter of getting organised for him to come down. And when he turned up with a couple of extra small bags it was definitely new ground for me, and as Roc said, interesting combination with the jim bradley swivel, have never seen a bag so small, Roc was kind enough to leave it here for me to have a bit more of a punch on. There was probably better bagging off camera than on, but that's the way it goes. Thanks everyone for the kind words. deano

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

You guys are both top notch and I think it's awesome to see two random people with possibly completely different lifestyles get together for one simple reason; the love of the speed bag! Dig it!

I have had an awesome time over the past year getting together with the best baggers in the world, having them become true friends, communicated with other great baggers via youtube and this forum (Dee, Deano, Punch Professor Paulie D, and many others.) I've bagged to Kansas behind their stage, had a speed bag truck with at least one platform set up for most of my US touring where I find my peace, solace and refuge while on the road, bagged in the streets of NYC, on Lake Speed Bag, next to Pirates Stadium after singing the national anthem and throwing out the first pitch, and many other states from Seattle to Florida, CA to NJ, Chicago to TX. I nearly got the dang bag on stage for my drum solo but logistics, timing, weight, space and other factors have hindered that idea until I build a stage platform out of steel....I've posted multiple videos trying to hang with the top of the crop and be somewhat original, (fully knowing I have a long way to go) as I follow in the big 'ol footsteps of the mighty Alan Kahn and his genius punch drumming techniques. And now we are trying to get SPEED B.A.G 2010 together! Yeah!

My list of "bag friends bagged with" is as follows....

Alan Kahn (4 x's)
                        Biff
                        Jordan
                        Skunk 2x's
                        Tim Platt 2x's
                        Bag Shed Kid (Toast/Matt Young)
                        Scissorhands Adam
                        Metaldad Patrick
                        Sorry if I forgot anyone, I am going by the top of my head....

I am going to be back in Fla. in January for 4 shows and at least 2 of them are near Skunk and Tim Plattforum! I think I'll be less than an hour away from Skunk's house. Now that'll be as close as you get to entering a world void of all rhyme, all reason, no right no wrong, just one common goal for all the common folk in that world.....
                        BAG LIKE YOU'VE NEVER BAGGED BEFORE!!!!!!

Comment

• Tim
                          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                          I am going to be back in Fla. in January for 4 shows and at least 2 of them are near Skunk and Tim Plattforum! I think I'll be less than an hour away from Skunk's house. Now that'll be as close as you get to entering a world void of all rhyme, all reason, no right no wrong, just one common goal for all the common folk in that world.....
                          BAG LIKE YOU'VE NEVER BAGGED BEFORE!!!!!!
                          It's gonna be a good January

Anyone want to come to Florida January 15, 16, 17, or 18?

Comment

• deano
                            Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

Most travelled speedbagger in the world

Have Speedbag will travel.Your speedbag adventures have been well documented and are amazing,you have punched with the greats in your ports of call and have kept me and probally the rest of the Forum guy's and girl's entertained , it has been excellent, so lets hope in 2010 a couple of Aussie battlers can catch up with you and all the other speed baggers at the first international speedbag convention,How good will it be to meet in person and punch on and maybe the 2020 show could be held Down Under,CHEERS Brian and all the best deano

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Speedbag 2011 Convention Down Under?

Originally posted by deano View Post
                              Have Speedbag will travel.Your speedbag adventures have been well documented and are amazing,you have punched with the greats in your ports of call and have kept me and probally the rest of the Forum guy's and girl's entertained , it has been excellent, so lets hope in 2010 a couple of Aussie battlers can catch up with you and all the other speed baggers at the first international speedbag convention,How good will it be to meet in person and punch on and maybe the 2020 show could be held Down Under,CHEERS Brian and all the best deano
                              Frankly, I like that idea. Guess I'll have to open a "Speedbag Convention" Savings Account at the bank.

My father was a seaman and his passenger-cargo shipping line went to Australia on a few occasions back in the late 60s. He loved it there. He brought back all sorts of cool souvenirs...
                              sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                              I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...