I learned how to link! Thanks everybody!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Great job Dee! You are obviously gettin' comfy with it. Maybe one suggestion.
    Instead of trying to scoot your fists underneath the bag to link in a downward circle motion, why not think about it as more of a straight line to get there. The bag is already out of the way and your fists have that time to get behind and into position in more of a straight fashion. I got this tip from Alan Kahn and his vids. It'll look and feel smoother hence getting you prepared for your next punch!
    BAG ON!

Comment

• RenoRattler
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
      Great job Dee! You are obviously gettin' comfy with it. Maybe one suggestion.
      Instead of trying to scoot your fists underneath the bag to link in a downward circle motion, why not think about it as more of a straight line to get there. The bag is already out of the way and your fists have that time to get behind and into position in more of a straight fashion. I got this tip from Alan Kahn and his vids. It'll look and feel smoother hence getting you prepared for your next punch!
      BAG ON!
      I was just about to say the same thing.

It seems like for me when I started learning the Linking motion, the figure eight was very pronounced. The more comfortable you get, the easier it is to think of it as a straight punch through the front of the bag, and then a straight punch back through the back of the bag.

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
        Most of my workout tonight was spent practicing Linking.
        Here's a sample of it.
        Feel free to critique. I can handle (most) criticism.

Great job Dee!! Linking doesn't seem so hard now does it? It's all coming together. I gotta say it again, I LOOOVE your setup!! Watching the platform and it just won't budge! It's gotta be earthquake proof!! Your husband did an awesome job! If you guys come up with an adjustable design, you'll be rich!
        sigpic

Comment

• Roc Stone
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2007

Good stuff MsD

Nice progression
          sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...