X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goju
    • Aug 2009

My son trying O-TES

Yesterday i showed my son how to do the O-TES, sorry for the poor video quality again. I think he's doing pretty good for someone who only bags once a week and only being 11 years old .
  • ukspeedbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

Hey Goju, He's doing good there mate. Before he moves onto anything else, get him to use his left hand and elbow a bit more.

bags!

Comment

• goju
      • Aug 2009

well after he got to grips with his right, we moved on to his left but it was a different story hehe, so he didnt want me to film him trying his left. But he's slowly getting there and thanks for the comment mate.

Comment

• fingers
        Speed Bag Guru
        • May 2008

Looking good there Goju jnr!!

Comment

• ukspeedbag
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by goju View Post
          well after he got to grips with his right, we moved on to his left but it was a different story hehe, so he didnt want me to film him trying his left. But he's slowly getting there and thanks for the comment mate.
          That's exactly how it works anyhow mate. We always start with the hand we write with, get to grips with what's going on and then move onto the other.

Comment

• goju
            • Aug 2009

Very true mate, once i get a better video player and a new bag ill post a vid up of myself. At the minute im using one of those vinyl everlast balls http://store.titleboxing.com/everlas...-speedbag.html as my 8x5 rival bag has gone t*ts up.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Nov 2007

Very true mate, once i get a better video player and a new bag ill post a vid up of myself. At the minute im using one of those vinyl everlast balls http://store.titleboxing.com/everlas...-speedbag.html as my 8x5 rival bag has gone t*ts up.
              What happened with the Rival bag? I have the 6x9 and it's as tough as old boots.

Comment

• Biff
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Goju, tell your son he's looking very good. Nice positioning and timing. Great job for someone his age who only practices once a week.

Comment

• metaldad
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2007

Looks great Goju!
                  sigpic

Comment

• goju
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
                    What happened with the Rival bag? I have the 6x9 and it's as tough as old boots.
                    Im not sure what is going on with it.. when i first started bagging i was using a chain link swivel with the rival bag, and it would only hit 2 sides of the bag which is fine if your using the chain link. Then i changed over to a ball hook, now all sides of the bag get hit, and the 2 sides that wasnt regularly hit dont have much rebound and really slows the bag down. Im not sure if anyone else has experienced this with a bag before.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Nov 2007

Im not sure what is going on with it.. when i first started bagging i was using a chain link swivel with the rival bag, and it would only hit 2 sides of the bag which is fine if your using the chain link. Then i changed over to a ball hook, now all sides of the bag get hit, and the 2 sides that wasnt regularly hit dont have much rebound and really slows the bag down. Im not sure if anyone else has experienced this with a bag before.
                      Well I haven't experienced this with any of my bags. There doesn't seem to be any difference as to where the bags are hit. Have you tried sticking with it? You'll probably overcome the problem by hitting it a little more from the sides and I'm sure this will come naturally, without you realizing it's happening.

Comment

• goju
                        • Aug 2009

what i meant to say was, where i had been using the rival bag with the chain link swivel.. its kind of worn the bag in on those 2 sides. now when i use the bag with the ball hook, all sides of the bag get used and the 2 sides that were not getting used while using the chain link seem a bit flat.. maybe they need to be worn in to get the same rebound and the 2 sides that were getting hit all the time..

Comment

• goju
                          • Aug 2009

Oh forgot to say vin, im still using the rival but the everlast is bigger and a bit easier to learn stuff on.. once ive got to grips with what ive be practicing i go back to the rival bag.. but im hoping to get one of those everlast 9x6 bags from sugar rays.

Comment

• Jordan
                            • Jun 2009

kid has some skills how long has he been baggin? Is that the adidas vinyl bag... I have one myself and was just wondering what others thought of it?

Comment

• goju
                              • Aug 2009

If you added up all the days he bags i would say about a month, maybe not even that jord. yea it is an adidas bag mate, leather peanut. I was having a go with it yesterday, and i would say it has to be the fastest bag i have. But it feels a bit wierd hitting it though, probably not used to the shape. and thanks for the comment for goju jnr

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...