• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ukspeedbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

Blindfolded

I have been having a go at hitting blindfolded. Something a little different, for me anyway. Excuse the bad mannered little boy at 0:54 secs.

And another using the Home made metal ball hook and my new Everlast 4x6. A great bag too!

Enjoy! And thanks for watching.
  • jzzkwz
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2009

Awesome! I have the 4x6 Everlast too - i like it, but it is only a few weeks old and the leather is already cracking a little...almost looks as aged as my 9 (or so) year old Ringside Large Bag...

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

UK, man you are throwing some very nice combinations! Looks like you've been working the techniques and combination links very hard! I'm seeing a lot of very nice moves in there. Especially in the bindfold clip. Nice double and triple elbows, great linking of lead fist, 2nd fist, both - advanced O-TES ' F-Roll.

You're getting it, mate! Great to see that progress, and the USA is gonna have to get grip on that ball hook swivel. It looks and sounds great.

You'll be wearing the tag "speed bag master" pretty quick at this rate!
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ukspeedbag
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by jzzkwz View Post
        Awesome! I have the 4x6 Everlast too - i like it, but it is only a few weeks old and the leather is already cracking a little...almost looks as aged as my 9 (or so) year old Ringside Large Bag...
        Thanks jzzkwz.

Even when brand new, I treat my bags with Connoly Hide Care. I believe this is the best product on the UK market. However, my Everlast 5x8 has started to crack too! And that only a month old. I have given the 4x6 about 3 treatments already so, I'll see how this one holds out.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          UK, man you are throwing some very nice combinations! Looks like you've been working the techniques and combination links very hard! I'm seeing a lot of very nice moves in there. Especially in the bindfold clip. Nice double and triple elbows, great linking of lead fist, 2nd fist, both - advanced O-TES ' F-Roll.

You're getting it, mate! Great to see that progress, and the USA is gonna have to get grip on that ball hook swivel. It looks and sounds great.

You'll be wearing the tag "speed bag master" pretty quick at this rate!
          Thank-you very much AK! Your observations are amazing!

"speed bag master" That's beyond my wildest dreams!

Comment

• metaldad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2007

Are you freakin' kidding me!? I QUIT! Matt Murdock has officially joined the forum! Blindfolded Vini? And nailing combos and linking to boot? I Q-U-I-T! Great stuff brother!Impressive as hell! Throw in a couple of spins and it's on! As far as the belching backup singer, better out than in I guess LOL.
            sigpic

Comment

• Biff
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Go, Vini, go. You're ratcheting it up a notch. Nice job. How's the new swivel working for you?

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                Are you freakin' kidding me!? I QUIT! Matt Murdock has officially joined the forum! Blindfolded Vini? And nailing combos and linking to boot? I Q-U-I-T! Great stuff brother!Impressive as hell! Throw in a couple of spins and it's on! As far as the belching backup singer, better out than in I guess LOL.
                I tried some spins MD, but kept missing! Cheers mate.
                Originally posted by Biff View Post
                Go, Vini, go. You're ratcheting it up a notch. Nice job. How's the new swivel working for you?
                Thanks Biff. It's great Biff. A bit on the noisy side though. Poor neighbours.

Comment

• Biff
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
                  I tried some spins MD, but kept missing! Cheers mate.

Thanks Biff. It's great Biff. A bit on the noisy side though. Poor neighbours.
                  I don't know Vini; it sounds pretty good to me on the video you posted in the other section.

Comment

• fingers
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • May 2008

Really nice work UK!! i need to go and practice NOW my 6x4 seems smaller than yours then again it might just be my hands!

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                      Really nice work UK!! i need to go and practice NOW my 6x4 seems smaller than yours then again it might just be my hands!
                      Thanks fingers.

I bet you could hide that bag behind your hand.

Comment

• Speedbag
                        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Man during that Blindfolded clip I see some awesome combinations: Lead Fist, Second Fist, Both fists linking, Outward and Downward Elbows, A sneaky advanced combo of Outward Triple Elbow Strike to Front Fist Roll with one rebound inbetween. ( O-TES ' F-Roll ) and nice Front Double-Reverse-Side-Side...etc. Wow, someone's been practicing!

UK, you're gonna be wearing the moniker "Speed Bag Master" pretty sooooon...

Nice work mate! you're gettin' down on it lately.
                        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                        The Quest Continues...
                        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

UK! Great job! What improvement! I have been slackin' since getting off tour. Well, not slackin, just extra focus on runnin', and getting home and being with kids and errands and all that.....
                          It is nice to see you doing all this, as a reminder of how much we all can improve with a little serious focus! I've seen Skunk bag with his eyes closed, I am going to give this a try as well.....
                          So much to learn, so little time...
                          BAG ON!

Comment

• MP76
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • Nov 2009

Impressing the neighbors and scaring the crap out of the enemies at the same time.
                            MP76

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                              Man during that Blindfolded clip I see some awesome combinations: Lead Fist, Second Fist, Both fists linking, Outward and Downward Elbows, A sneaky advanced combo of Outward Triple Elbow Strike to Front Fist Roll with one rebound inbetween. ( O-TES ' F-Roll ) and nice Front Double-Reverse-Side-Side...etc. Wow, someone's been practicing!

UK, you're gonna be wearing the moniker "Speed Bag Master" pretty sooooon...

Nice work mate! you're gettin' down on it lately.
                              Thanks again Alan. To impress someone like yourself, is very motivating.

I'll be able to put even more practice in pretty soon. The bedroom will be getting plastered next week, so another platform will be hung in there. The UK weather has been pretty bad these last couple of weeks so, not being able to practice as much as I'd like.
                              Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                              UK! Great job! What improvement! I have been slackin' since getting off tour. Well, not slackin, just extra focus on runnin', and getting home and being with kids and errands and all that.....
                              It is nice to see you doing all this, as a reminder of how much we all can improve with a little serious focus! I've seen Skunk bag with his eyes closed, I am going to give this a try as well.....
                              So much to learn, so little time...
                              BAG ON!
                              Thanks SSP! Sounds like you've got a 'get fit' thing going on! I understand you wanting to spend time with the kids. I come home from work, spend 10 minutes on the bag and then the guilt set's in. They grow-up way to quick so, time spent with them is valuable.
                              Originally posted by MP76 View Post
                              Impressing the neighbors and scaring the crap out of the enemies at the same time.
                              MP76
                              Thanks MP76.

I have to say, there's been some excellent improvements over the last month or so, not just from me but, many other regular baggers around the forum. This is what it's all about people! Sharing our video's, skills and knowledge. I think everyone should give them selves a pat on the back.

Well done Tim!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...