• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpeedBagSkunk
    Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

Plastic Swivels Good?

the answer is in the video right here so take a look and stop crying about your swivels!
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Last edited by Tim; 11-20-2006, 07:19 PM.
  • BillyMack
    • Sep 2006

That URL doesn't seem to work, can you post again?

*Edit: Nevermind, it was the smiley face messing it up...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

*2nd Edit: SHOW OFF!!
    Last edited by BillyMack; 11-20-2006, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Chris M
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Mar 2006

edited
      Last edited by Chris M; 11-20-2006, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• Kevdawg0324
        • Oct 2006

i gathered from many people on this forum that the plastic was basically left for junk. i, personally, can get down with the plastic swivel just as well as the high dollar metal ones out there. i would prefer a metal one though just because they seem to rebound much quicker. the plastic seems like you got to slam the bag just to keep it going fast.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Plastic swivel

It certainly is quieter than it's metal brother. I haven't used one personally, but I wonder how well the plastic housing will hold up after weeks of pounding.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Kevdawg0324
            • Oct 2006

i used mine for months before i changed it out for a metal one. it still works like day one. one thing about it is that when you get them, the eye hook part of the swivel looks like it can afford to be screwed into the ball further, but when you screw it in all the way, it does start to chew the housing a bit. i guess the metal ball hooks did the same thing from what i understand. but it still works.

Comment

• Tim
              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

I edited the post to fix the URL... the was running into the link and messing it up.

Great stuff , very impressive. I put that on my youtube favorites list.

The sound of the metal swivel can overpower that of the bag hitting the drum, which makes it really easy to hear mis-hits with the metal. I think the real advantage is in using a ball hook versus the other kinds of swivels. Can you confirm that there is a noticeable difference between the ball/hook and other kinds? I've hit on a chain link style swivel before but that was years ago, and frankly, I wasn't skilled enough for it to matter what type of swivel it was.
              Last edited by Tim; 11-20-2006, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• Chris M
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Mar 2006

For what it's worth, I think for hitting the side of the bag and for advanced techniques (which I haven't seen any from skunk yet, BTW) the ball hooks are the best because they can change directions easier. I don't think anyone at any time has disputed that! I use both kinds on my setups, mostly because one is quieter for indoors use.

For what it's worth, I don't think anyone actually said they hated the plastic swivel or were "crying" over their plastic, they just preferred the metal ones over the plastic. My main reason for getting away from the plastic swivel is because it kept coming unscrewed from the ball. I have glued the hook into the ball and set it aside in case of emergency.

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk

• Oct 2006

chris chris

were are your videos at??? any ways i just hear alot not from you or maybe not from any of you but most of my friend that get a new set up and start out on the bag always blame the plastic swivel and i just think it somthing for them to complain about lol!!! any hows and NUMBER 2 whats this hole rumor going on about side punches huh? y you gotta make me show ya some skills ok ok well here ya go MR. speedbagskunk dont do side punches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuLBxL5ES8k

now lets see your skills and for every body else remember i wasnt hating on you if you were not COMPLAINING About it just thought it was funny... PEACCCCCCCCEEEEE

Comment

• Chris M
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by SpeedBagSkunk View Post
                    were are your videos at??? any ways i just hear alot not from you or maybe not from any of you but most of my friend that get a new set up and start out on the bag always blame the plastic swivel and i just think it somthing for them to complain about lol!!! any hows and NUMBER 2 whats this hole rumor going on about side punches huh? y you gotta make me show ya some skills ok ok well here ya go MR. speedbagskunk dont do side punches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuLBxL5ES8k

now lets see your skills and for every body else remember i wasnt hating on you if you were not COMPLAINING About it just thought it was funny... PEACCCCCCCCEEEEE

Sorry, I don't have a video camera. I have a nice camera that only does good photos but it doesn't do very good videos. I can't justify the cost of one to post videos here.

I was just wondering if you do side punches. It just seems to me that you are at the level to do some more advanced punching and was wondering why you haven't pursued that. You obviously have a lot of potential and I'd like to see you give it a shot.

You are very good, I wasn't talking trash sorry if I came across that way.

Comment

• Kevdawg0324
                      • Oct 2006

can you hit as well from the side with one of the high dollar metal swivels?

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk

• Oct 2006

yeah

but it is a little easier to hit a plastic or metal ball swivel then the heavy duty swivels!

Comment

• Chris M
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Kevdawg0324 View Post
                          can you hit as well from the side with one of the high dollar metal swivels?
                          I'm not really proficient in side hits and advanced combinations yet. What I mean by that is, that I can do those hits most of the time, but I'm just not as comfortable doing them as I am doing the basic 7 hits and elbow hits like Skunk is doing in the video.

What usually happens is that I work on my side and advanced hits, and then I start to get a little frustrated because I want a work out and I just go back to the basic 7 and elbow hits with speed.

I can do side hits and advanced combinations on any type of swivel, but it works best with a ball hook swivel. The only swivel that I can say that is really bad for side hits and advanced combinations in my experience is the chain link swivel.

Comment

• speedboy
                            • Feb 2006

speedbagskunk whats your speedbag size on your video?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...