X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeTarheel
    • Sep 2009

With SBB My Gym Is Now Complete

Hi, All: just wanted to post some pics of my set-up. It's been alot of work and now I'm ready to Get To Work.
    Attached Files
  • MikeTarheel
    • Sep 2009

Oops, one more:
    Attached Files

Comment

• Jordan
      • Jun 2009

Wow.....looks fantastic...I wish I had a shed to fix up now haha....on a side note, I don't know if you always keep your bar on your weight bench or not, but a lot of people don't realize until its too late, if you keep your bar there with weight on it, the bar itself will warp and bow upwards over time. The best thing to do is keep it upright against a wall when not in use. Fantastic lookin setup tho, I am very jealous. The speed bag platform looks really really solid too.

Comment

• MikeTarheel
        • Sep 2009

Thanks for the advice, Jordan; it's brand new so I will make habit of that. It's been alot of fun fixing it up and getting it ready - so now I can get out there and Get To Work!!

And the board is in there like a Rock. My carpenter and I put it up. You could do pull-ups off it by I don't - no need to stress it. It doesn't vibrate At All - gives a nice rebound, good sound. I'm really looking forward to learning how to use it. Thanks for the kind words.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Mike...
          Wow! That is an awesome transition!
          From the first pic to now; wizard!
          Great job! Looking forward to vids!
          BAG ON!

Comment

• The Baggist
            Vert Baggin' Master
            • May 2009

AMAZING transformation Mike!!!!

Comment

• fingers
              Speed Bag Guru
              • May 2008

Brilliant!!...i want one.

Comment

• Biff
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

[Peter Boyle] HOLY CRAP!!! [/Peter Boyle]

That is some serious workout area. Very nice. Are you in the market for a big brother, Mike?

Comment

• MikeTarheel
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                  [Peter Boyle] HOLY CRAP!!! [/Peter Boyle]

That is some serious workout area. Very nice. Are you in the market for a big brother, Mike?
                  I am! I always am! Thanks, Guys. It's been alot of fun transforming what was a... shed type thing when I bought the place, into a gym. It has a back room for the mower. It has a basketball court you can't see in these photos. It has a sink and another counter with a tool wall on the other side you can't see. I guess you could say it's my 'Man Cave', inspired by the TV show with Big Tony Siragusa (love that show) - I'm not quite his size but I've got some work to do and Here I Go!

It's got stereo and Direct TV and my laptop works out there so I have internet there, too, phone - I could live out there if I had to - but now I have The SB Bible!! I have my work cut out.

PS - if anybody is in the market for a Treadmill, keep your eye on your local Salvation Army store. I got these two for $89ea, and they will flat run you right out of the gym if you don't keep up!! The x-bike I got for $10 from there.

Thanks for the Kind Words, Mates. I don't have vid capability yet but I will get that here soon and post up vids of my... rookie beginning. I'd like to read the book and practice a little first.

Glad to be able to participate in this forum with You's Guys! I'm quite thrilled to have found this place and Glad to be here.

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Now THAT'S a home gym!!!!

Awesome. Looking forward to some video!
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MikeTarheel
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                      Now THAT'S a home gym!!!!

Awesome. Looking forward to some video!
                      Thanks, Alan.

I am reading the book here this evening after a light work-out. I'm really just starting (I've worked out most of my life but I'm trying to design a plan/timed/diet, etc...)

I'm really immersed in the book and trying to commit the basics to memory - and I DO take it out here in the gym with me and I have a copier and clipboards to work on specific 'building block/fundamentals'. I have switched to the smaller Title bag and I'm going slow to try to find the rhythm before I try to get 'fancy'. Like you say, it's not a Race. I am going to watch the DVD here in a few.

I do have a Question: Biff has sent me a Friend invitation and I'm not sure if I executed that correctly here on the forum. Not sure which buttons to click. ALSO, on another forum (a computer/marketing forum) I frequent, when I hit USER CP it shows me all the threads I've posted on recently and new activity in them - but it doesn't do that for me --> must be I have to set my profile for that? Any advise appreciated. And, oh, one other thing, when I send PM's they don't get saved in my sent box, are these settings in the PROFILE? Thanks Again.

Glad to be here among You Guys. Really adds a 'kick in my step' to know I have the opportunity to discuss with Guys who have 'tread ground before me', and I appreciate it, will do my best to participate and learn from you all. Thanks.

Comment

• Tim
                        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Mike, the Home gym looks great! Quite the man cave you have going there... with DirectTV and internet, do you ever leave it ???

That ceiling mounted platform looks rock solid.

Originally posted by MikeTarheel View Post
                        I do have a Question: Biff has sent me a Friend invitation and I'm not sure if I executed that correctly here on the forum. Not sure which buttons to click.
                        Go to this page http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...p?do=buddylist

Scroll to the bottom. I believe it will show you if there are any outstanding Friend requests. I just sent you a friend request so you should see at least that one. There will be buttons to click to accept the friend requests.

ALSO, on another forum (a computer/marketing forum) I frequent, when I hit USER CP it shows me all the threads I've posted on recently and new activity in them - but it doesn't do that for me --> must be I have to set my profile for that?
                        You can use Advanced Search to find all your posts.
                        1. Go here: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/search.php
                        2. Enter your username in the Username: field and click "Search Now"

OR you can subscribe to all your threads/posts as you create them - This is NOT on by default.

1. Go to the User CP: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/usercp.php
                        2. Click "Edit Options" under the "Settings & Options" setting (on the left)
                        3. Scroll down until you see "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Change it to "No email notification"
                        4. All new threads you create then show up on the User CP page: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/usercp.php

Any advise appreciated. And, oh, one other thing, when I send PM's they don't get saved in my sent box, are these settings in the PROFILE? Thanks Again.
                        1. Go to User CP: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/usercp.php
                        2. Click "List Messages" under the "Private Messages" heading on the LEFT
                        3. Select "Jump to folder:" and use "Sent Messages"

Then you should see them all...
                        Last edited by Tim; 10-09-2009, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• MikeTarheel
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                          Mike, the Home gym looks great! Quite the man cave you have going there... with DirectTV and internet, do you ever leave it ???

That ceiling mounted platform looks rock solid.

Go to this page http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...p?do=buddylist

Scroll to the bottom. I believe it will show you if there are any outstanding Friend requests. I just sent you a friend request so you should see at least that one. There will be buttons to click to accept the friend requests.

You can use Advanced Search to find all your posts.
                          1. Go here: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/search.php
                          2. Enter your username in the Username: field and click "Search Now"

OR you can subscribe to all your threads/posts as you create them - This is NOT on by default.

1. Go to the User CP: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/usercp.php
                          2. Click "Edit Options" under the "Settings & Options" setting (on the left)
                          3. Scroll down until you see "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Change it to "No email notification"
                          4. All new threads you create then show up on the User CP page: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/usercp.php

1. Go to User CP: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/usercp.php
                          2. Click "List Messages" under the "Private Messages" heading on the LEFT
                          3. Select "Jump to folder:" and use "Sent Messages"

Then you should see them all...
                          Thanks, Tim: will study/execute in the morning, long trip to the garage this evening working with SBB. I have a Way To Go, but I am thinking I can get going.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Nov 2007

Mike, that's some gym. You done a fantastic job with the transformation. That set-up looks rock solid.

Looking forward to seeing some video's.

Vini

Comment

• metaldad
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Apr 2007

Wow...I say, I say WOW!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...