• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ukspeedbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by MikeTarheel View Post
    Indeed it is.

I don't know what I'm going to do around here. You guys do it so... seemingly effortlessly... fluidly... *I don't mean that as any kind of diminishment of your skills or the obviously dedicated effort you have put in, please don't think I mean that. I'm a bit in awe but I cannot duplicate those techniques just yet. I am glad to be able to see you all do them and give me something to strive toward.

I'm working at it. I do wonder if I've got any kind of talent sometimes.
    Mike, goju is dead right mate.

It will come together. Have you got 'The Speed Bag Bible'? This is a great starter especially with the cd's with video's of Alan demonstrating basic punching.

I am glad to be able to see you all do them and give me something to strive toward.
    This is the right attitude! Zach Ruffo the speedbagskunk inspired me to getting my 1st set-up 2 years ago. I wanted to be as good as him, thing is, when I manage to take a step forward, he's taken 10!!!! But I still want to be as good as the skunk! It's kind of like a target I want to reach one day. Something to aim for.

Remember every time your under the drum, you'll be better the next time.

Good luck mate.

Vini

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
      Anyway, I promise to show my face around here a bit more, depending on my work load.
      Good to hear from you... I understand completely believe me, I haven't had time to read posts in depth for a few weeks now. You're a speed bag brother for life - doesn't matter if you have time to post or not, you'll always be part of "the club".

You'll enjoy that new platform, it's a great piece of kit - is the way you guys say it, right ?

Overall, you're looking very solid in the vid. I think you're at the level where a step up in equipment will yield noticeable improvement... the platform vibration may be holding you back at this point. It's robbing some energy from the bag rebound. Great side punching in there.
      Last edited by Tim; 10-18-2009, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        Good to hear from you... I understand completely believe me, I haven't had time to read posts in depth for a few weeks now. You're a speed bag brother for life - doesn't matter if you have time to post or not, you'll always be part of "the club".

You'll enjoy that new platform, it's a great piece of kit - is the way you guys say it, right ?

Overall, you're looking very solid in the vid. I think you're at the level where a step up in equipment will yield noticeable improvement... the platform vibration may be holding you back at this point. It's robbing some energy from the bag rebound. Great side punching in there.
        Tim, Thanks very much mate. I was wondering where you you were. 'It's a great piece of kit' is correct. The Everlast platform is certainly that.

Vini

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...