• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by Jordan View Post
    Hey guys, I'm takin a look at the bible page 85 drill #18 It reads:

RR-L1 L-R R-L-Rr R-L L
    (FSP)'''(SDP)-[1/2]-(FDP)'''(FDP)'''(SDP)-[1/2]-(FDP)'''(FCP)

just tryin to see if I'm reading it correctly

sorry about all the bags its the only way i could get the first line aligned with the second haha
    Hey Jordan,

Yes you wrote that correctly, AND you performed it correctly.

I included this exercise because it does several things.

It teaches you to follow a FSP with a SDP after 3 rebounds. ( FSP hits front. Lead fist of SDP hits front. Front to front = 3 rebounds).
    It teaches you to go from a side fist contact (second fist of the SDP) to the front (lead fist of FDP) on two rebounds.
    It reinforces an earlier exercise to rotate the leading fist of the FDP ' ' ' FDP combo (L-R) ' ' ' (R-L)
    It teaches you to go from a FDP to a SDP on three rebounds.
    It easily move the SDP from one side of the bag to the other, (that's why I rotated the FDP lead).
    The goal is to teach your ear and your timing to switch double punches between two and three rebounds, reinforcing rule of rhythm #3, which says when the next punch comes from a different side of the bag, sometimes it happens on an "odd" number of rebounds (front to side) and sometimes on an "even" number of rebounds (side to front).

The reason FDP ' ' ' SDP happens on three (odd) rebounds is because the second fist of the FDP hits the front of the bag, and the lead fist of the SDP hits the front of the bag. Front followed by front = same side, odd beat.
    The reason the SDP ' ' FDP happens on two rebounds is because the second fist of the SDP hits the side of the bag, and the lead fist of the FDP hits the Front of the bag. Side followed by front = different sides, even. You're about to learn (ex" 21) that side followed by back
    (SDP ' ' ' RDP) will = side to back, odd. But first you'll learn RDP ' ' SDP in Exercise 20.

Here's one you'll have fun with:

FDP ' ' ' SDP ' ' ' RDP ' ' SDP ' ' FDP ' ' '...repeat, rotate lead and go around the other side.

( remember this one, SSP? you did it in Houston.)

Jordan, try to keep your arms up a little more steady, swing from your elbows not so much your shoulders. I see you hands way up over the bag belly hitting up past the bag center. You'll make smaller circles if you keep your shoulders from moving so much. It's not a big movement to do this combination... Keep working, you can do it...
    Last edited by Speedbag; 09-15-2009, 06:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    started a topic SDP / FDP linking

SDP / FDP linking

Hey guys, I'm takin a look at the bible page 85 drill #18 It reads:

RR-L1 L-R R-L-Rr R-L L
    (FSP)'''(SDP)-[1/2]-(FDP)'''(FDP)'''(SDP)-[1/2]-(FDP)'''(FCP)

just tryin to see if I'm reading it correctly

sorry about all the bags its the only way i could get the first line aligned with the second haha
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...