• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpeedBagSkunk
    Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

some SKUNKY practice

Havin some fun with different speeds on the bag
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Great fun to watch a master takeover!
    This is what I wrote on youtube....

"YEAH! That is some psycho speed baggin'! 8:19 of killer Skunk! Some great slow, groovy punch drummin' at the beginning. Great spin punch in time! Insane elbows, and an awesome display of "firework punching" at the end!
    But we would expect nothing less from you!!!!!"

Skunk, the quality of the vid is the best yet. But watch at :08 seconds. You see you grab the bag and the sound happens a 1/4 second later. The vid is a hair ahead of the audio. I wonder why this is? My vid quality lessens a lot when "burning down" to use on youtube, but the audio and video stay locked up. I wish my vid camera's quality was as good as yours, being that I thought we had similar types. (What kind do you have? I have the Sony DCR-SR42. 40x's opt. zoom and 30 GB of HD space.) The quality is great at first but when I export it from iMovie it looks pretty lame. (See Carry On Wayward Bag)...
    Most of the audio and video in your new vids are locked up, (It seems fine in Psycho SpeedBaggers, doesn't it?), but this one and maybe one more are a hair off. It seems like it is always something with this video stuff.
    My Canon Elph Power Shot digital camera is ultimately easier to work with when using the video option in it, and it ends up looking better than when I use the Sony video camera! But when I film longer pieces or I know I am going to edit, I need to use the Sony vid cam because it can store much more info.
    Anyhow, just making mention as I love watching you bag and being a drummer, I can't help but notice all things in world of rhythm. It's like when you see a rock vid and the drummer is hitting the wrong drum in the vid compared to the audio. It has bothered me since I was a kid....
    With all this said, I'd love to see your double vision clip with the audio exactly where it was in your iPod. You do some stops and stuff in it and it looks like you are having a great jam to the song in the iPod. But the overdubbed track is like a 1/2 beat off!
    By the way, the Foreigner guys all loved that clip and "Waiting for a bag like you"!!!!
    Anyhow.....
    Killer baggin', always inspirational, always influential, always leading the path of psycho baggin'!!!!!!
    BAG ON!

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Wow, Pretty killer video. Impressive mix of killer combinations. Man you really own those double bump Downward Elbows. Sweet move, it is. And I have never seen those opposite arm crossing Outward Double Elbow Strikes with one rebound inbetween. I must say - that's another Skunky original. Great Video.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Geronimo
        • Sep 2009

I posted on youtube on your vid, but as Alan said, them elbows man were A+++, then I watched it again, and your speed has even got faster in this video in parts then Ive seen in the past. Damn nice skillz!

Comment

• Kyle
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2006

just amazing...thanks alot for sharing skunk ur teaching us all!

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Geronimo View Post
            I posted on youtube on your vid, but as Alan said, them elbows man were A+++, then I watched it again, and your speed has even got faster in this video in parts then Ive seen in the past. Damn nice skillz!
            The really scary part is not how fast he is now, but how fast he is going to be.....

I was much faster at 42 than I was at 22 or 32. As he matures and spends a few more thousand hours punching, his technique should get better and he will get faster. In my twenties I tried to over power the bag with strength to go faster. That just makes you a bit stiffer and ultimately slower. In my late 30's and 40's (20 years later....) I had learned to "relax" to go faster, and my technique had gotten cleaner. I can't image Skunk in 15-20 years.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• The Baggist
              Vert Baggin' Master
              • May 2009

Awesome Skunk!!!!! Great Vid!!!

Comment

• Tim
                Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

I didn't notice, until I saw Vini's comment on youtube but that swivel is very unique... Looks like a plastic ball hook with carabiner, but not like the ones that were available for a short while. Personally I'd like to see something like that and shorter overall length than the current metal ball hook.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...