• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Speed Bag Truck: Bag Of No Return!

Hi... so you go to see a rock show and somewhere behind the stage there's a dude speed bagging to the band on stage! ...makes for interesting conversation....
    Foreigner did a show with Kansas... so I managed to get some bag time in punch drummin' to them. The truck was aimed right at the stage. I only got this little bit of footage though.... We eventually put some roadcases up to block the view from the audience. I didn't want Kansas turning around in the middle of the show asking me to get the hell away from their stage! haha! They sounded great! I've always dug this song! Vocalist Steve Walsh is still killin'! BAG ON!
    Last edited by spinsmashpop; 09-09-2009, 03:19 AM. Reason: added insignificant detail!
  • Jordan
    • Jun 2009

Awesome, always a pleasure to see you bag BT, I can tell u've gotten better since I saw u last....on a side note its almost my speedbag birthday, I figured out Tim's systems for the ranks on the site, just 10 more posts and I'm a senior member. Seems hard to believe, I feel like I just started yesterday, and I'm still loving EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!!!

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
      Hi... so you go to see a rock show and somewhere behind the stage there's a dude speed bagging to the band on stage! ...makes for interesting conversation....
      Foreigner did a show with Kansas... so I managed to get some bag time in punch drummin' to them. The truck was aimed right at the stage. I only got this little bit of footage though.... We eventually put some roadcases up to block the view from the audience. I didn't want Kansas turning around in the middle of the show asking me to get the hell away from their stage! haha! They sounded great! I've always dug this song! Vocalist Steve Walsh is still killin'! BAG ON!
      you can't beat punch drumming to live music!!! That's fantastic. The speed bag truck truly is a unique experience... best speed bag idea of the year, I think.

Comment

• Kyle
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
        Awesome, always a pleasure to see you bag BT, I can tell u've gotten better since I saw u last....on a side note its almost my speedbag birthday, I figured out Tim's systems for the ranks on the site, just 10 more posts and I'm a senior member. Seems hard to believe, I feel like I just started yesterday, and I'm still loving EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!!!
        tell me about it ive got over 500 posts now which is a place i never thought id be...saw skunk, tim and alan tearing it up on the speed bag and had to give it a try...
        and great vid spin it much be a awesome experience punching to live music!

Comment

• Biff
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

C'mon BT, tell the truth. You were practicing your new speed bag act in front of a live audience before you actually set it up on stage yourself.

Nice work as always, just wished you punched out the entire song. I'm always amazed at Alan's and your punch drumming skills. You both have an innate ability for it. And let us know when the SB is ready to go on stage.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Oh yeah, I'm feeling your beat. Man you were killing it! Nice double punch sequence at the end. Right on beat and jumping to the side doubles also. You are really getting smooth AND faster.

I wish I could have been there, punchin' to Kansas. One of my personal punching favorites by them is Dust in the Wind. Nice groove for syncopated punching combo's.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2007

Dude .......that rocked!! I was gonna go to bed right now, but after watchinbg that , I wanna go try my hand at punch drumming again, how does "Manic Depression" sound or or "Pride and Joy"? A little Jimi and Stevie.......I have Kansas' greatest hits in my collection....but alas still no KISS
              sigpic

Comment

• metaldad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2007

Ok so I went and tried "Pride and Joy" and .............let's just say I need a little more practice lol. Also tried "Rude Mood"........uh uh ain't happenin' today lmao.
                sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...