• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
    Hey y'all... yeah... we had a great time... I am back home in LA for two days and burnt form all the flying and no sleep. I gotta say, Alan Kahn is the man and the king of the bag. His rhythmic skills are so great. And Skunk really has so much power and speed it's stupid. To be a bagger for under a year and get to be around the guys I consider to be the best in the world is pretty killer. And just a few months ago they were guys I watched on the internet for bag inspiration. Now they are bag bros! And I must say TIm is a great bagger as well. It's just me and him are not at the level of ALan and Skunk so when you hang around those guys, they kind of take over! But it is so killer to witness.
    And Skunk is fighting 9.5. I have a real heavy song I showed him that he may use to come out to... "Psyched To Be Psycho". It is the first song I wrote last year when I was thinking of starting a new band; "Speed Bag Dragon". the song is fast, heavy, angry, pissed off and loud....in the vein of Pantera, Slipknot and old Metallica. The lyrics are crazy and a bit juvenile ...but that was the whole point... you're psycho so you don't waht anyone thinks.....It is in demo form now. I never finished it for real. The band idea is there..but like anything, you need time. Well, I gotta pay bills and I have kids. So there goes most of my time.
    Hopefully someday one of my side project bands see the light. In Speed Bag Dragon I wanted to be the guitarist only but it is easier if I can simplify the guitar riffs and scream over them. Then I don't need to look for a singer. But I ain't that great of s singer/screamer. It's a catch 22.
    Anyhow, I am going to try to tweak this tune up a bit and get it to Skunk for his fight. I mean he'll be walking out to the ring while "Psyched To Be Psycho" from Speed Bag Dragon is cranking through the PA! Pretty funny.
    BAG ON!
    That song was allYOU?!!!!!!!Holly @#$%@#$%6 that's awesome Brian! I definitely heard the Pantera influence, now that I think of it, lyrically it reminded of old school Metallica circa "Ride The Lightning" All of you guys are so highly skilled at what you do. I may not be at that level but watching you guys and exchanging posts keep me going everyday!! It's awesome just knowing you at this level Brian, I really can't wait meet you face to face. Hell I can't wait to finally get a video up. All things in time. Alan and Tim thanks for this great forum!! Through this I have been able to witness greatness!

Originally posted by SpeedBagSkunk View Post
    WOW!! What a great time i had with Tim and brian! Such a good time in the garage hitting the bag in the speedbag cage set up!! I hated it in the beginning because when i finally got there i was a little car sick from the long drive. But after about an hour i came out of my shell and started to bag a little more and have LOTS of fun with these guys. Tim is so modest about his bagging skills but soon after i have this video done im working on you will be able to see tim hangin with me and brian at a AWESOME speed as well. These guys look up to me as well as i loook up to them, not only awesome baggers but great people in general. Most the time we where talking speed bag though. lol thats why the girls went inside to enjoy the AC and talk about clothes hahah. I wish we all had more time to sit and bag for many more hours but brian had to get ready to shred some drums up at his show and might i say HOLY SHINIKYES this guys says im crazy on the bag, i was sittin right behind him while he was doin his drum solo and YES I GOT IT ON CAMERA!!!! but wow he is a ANIMAL!! going buck wild on the drums like theres no tomorrow!! Not only was he an awesome guy but all the guys from FOREIGNER were all soooo cool. When the song "I been waiting for a girl like you" Came on they all made little side jokes and hints to me about the new video i posted hahahahahahah was great to be there with all them to jam out. After the concert got to meet everyone up close and personal to take pics and get autographs, but damn they made me feel like a super star as i was dazed meeting them "Hey ur the speedbagskunk" hahahaha im like OMG YALL ARE FOREIGNER. was such a great time. I hope one day we all get to meet again and hit the bag and chill. Next time i hope there can be many more of us baggers there. There are many of you that i have watched and i am amazed with your skills as well. Could yall imagine having 10 of us in a room with 10 speedbags OMG the sound would be great "for us" i dunno about the neighbors hahahaha. I have put a word into everlast ear about getting a meet together so everyone that is interested let me know so that i have a list of speedbaggers that will attend. We will bring the house down, especially if the speedbags are attached to the walls Again i cant thank Tim enough for having us over his place such an awesome dude and great speedbagger. Brian Tichy ur the man! Was great hanging with you. Cant wait to do it again. BTW haahahahaha yeah yeah so i did take all there food and fruit before i left hahaha im still eatin sandwiches. I will be posting more on speedbagforum, TIM has been so kind to do that for me and has made me look like a giant BUTT!!! hahaha i dont blame him i have a few extra mins to post to all my BAG BROTHERS. Sorry for being a stranger, but that will change as of now!! So with that said ima get off here and get to work on the new video/pictures that we have as well. So keep an eye out. I hope i havent left anything out... oh yeah Carol, Even, Cole ahahahaha see tim i told ya id get it. Was good meeting the family of Tim PLatt-Forum. Be talking to all of you soon!
    First good luck with your fight, Second I hope to GOD that the gathering happens and that Evelast lends some type of supprt, it's gonna be great to get a @#$% load of baggers in one room. I'd say come to my place just to annoy my neighbors but mi casa es muy chiquita!!and third BAG ON BROTHA!!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
      That song was allYOU?!!!!!!!Holly @#$%@#$%6 that's awesome Brian! I definitely heard the Pantera influence, now that I think of it, lyrically it reminded of old school Metallica circa "Ride The Lightning"
      Isn't that incredible ??? I love hardcore baggin' songs and that one fits the bill!

First good luck with your fight,
      With some luck, I"m gonna be there to cheer Skunk on.

Second I hope to GOD that the gathering happens and that Evelast lends some type of supprt, it's gonna be great to get a @#$% load of baggers in one room.
      That gathering WILL happen, I guarantee you that. I don't know exactly where, when , or how many people it'll be , but we've simply got to make it happen !!!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...