• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Pictures from my house with Skunk & Brian Tichy, plus Foreigner

Here's some pictures from yesterday.... video to be uploaded soon.

Unfortunately the Speed Bag Truck was on it's way to Oregon, but we still had plenty of fun
    Attached Files
  • Tim

• Jan 2006

More pictures ...
    Attached Files

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

And a few more....
      Attached Files

Comment

• Jordan
        • Jun 2009

looks awesome, you guys wen't all out with the camera. I gotta ask tho, what is that circle skunk is holding, almost looks like he ripped the side off of tichy's bass drum

Comment

• metaldad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          Here's some pictures from yesterday.... video to be uploaded soon.

Unfortunately the Speed Bag Truck was on it's way to Oregon, but we still had plenty of fun
          Rubbin' elbows with rock stars, baggin' with greatness.....a great time was had by all!!

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
          looks awesome, you guys wen't all out with the camera. I gotta ask tho, what is that circle skunk is holding, almost looks like he ripped the side off of tichy's bass drum
          I think you're right, it is the cover from the kick drum.
          sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
            Rubbin' elbows with rock stars, baggin' with greatness.....a great time was had by all!!

I think you're right, it is the cover from the kick drum.
            Gotta agree. He probably gave that to Skunk to use as a rebound board.

Looks like they had a great Time. Baggin' the day away and Rockin' the night away. Great Photo's, Tim!
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              Gotta agree. He probably gave that to Skunk to use as a rebound board.

Looks like they had a great Time. Baggin' the day away and Rockin' the night away. Great Photo's, Tim!
              Hey y'all... yeah... we had a great time... the big circle thing is a drum head for the bass drum. it was an extra one for the rental we used last night. I figured I'd give Skunk a big one signed by Foreigner for his gym.
              The speed Bag Truck had to split early to go cross country. I was aware of needing to use the rental kit but I never put two and two together until the night before. But... I should have taken the board down and put it under the crew's bus. We could have mounted it in the little trucj that was there. But really, Skunk, Tim, and I were fine sweatin' it up in Tim's garage. Time flew.
              AK, we got your bag all signed up! Tim's place was great and he is a great guy. Skunk blew my mind. His skill is insane! You know if we all lived in the same neighborhood we wouldn't be gettin' much done. We all be in he speed bag garage. Skunk made great suggestion to Tim about The Cage. He said he should some chain link fence around it and give it a real "caged bagger" look! Pretty funny....And Skunk has some footage of us all in line doing a 4 way punch simultaneously! So that's 12 punches in a row from three guys.
              We got it pretty good one or two times. All of standing inside Tim's cage trying to get it together.
              Tim and his wife and friend watched the show form the front. Skunk and his g-friend watched on the side. We got their a little late and I had to do a meet and greet signing thing that eats up a lot of time before the show.
              So I called Skunk's phone with what little time I had and said to go to the side door and a guy of ours will let you in for bit. He stayed the whole time and I brought him behind the kit for the drum solo. I think he filmed it.
              Then we all hung around for a bit taking pictures. We went upstairs and the band split. I told SKunk to grab all the food sittin around as it is ours and we never take all of. That is what one of the pictures of him holding stuff is all about.
              I am back home in LA for two days and burnt form all the flying and no sleep. I gotta say, Alan Kahn is the man and the king of the bag. His rhythmic skills are so great. And Skunk really has so much power and speed it's stupid. To be a bagger for under a year and get to be around the guys I consider to be the best in the world is pretty killer. And just a few months ago they were guys I watched on the internet for bag inspiration. Now they are bag bros! And I must say TIm is a great bagger as well. It's just me and him are not at the level of ALan and Skunk so when you hang around those guys, they kind of take over! But it is so killer to witness.
              And Skunk is fighting 9.5. I have a real heavy song I showed him that he may use to come out to... "Psyched To Be Psycho". It is the first song I wrote last year when I was thinking of starting a new band; "Speed Bag Dragon". the song is fast, heavy, angry, pissed off and loud....in the vein of Pantera, Slipknot and old Metallica. The lyrics are crazy and a bit juvenile ...but that was the whole point... you're psycho so you don't waht anyone thinks.....It is in demo form now. I never finished it for real. The band idea is there..but like anything, you need time. Well, I gotta pay bills and I have kids. So there goes most of my time.
              Hopefully someday one of my side project bands see the light. In Speed Bag Dragon I wanted to be the guitarist only but it is easier if I can simplify the guitar riffs and scream over them. Then I don't need to look for a singer. But I ain't that great of s singer/screamer. It's a catch 22.
              Anyhow, I am going to try to tweak this tune up a bit and get it to Skunk for his fight. I mean he'll be walking out to the ring while "Psyched To Be Psycho" from Speed Bag Dragon is cranking through the PA! Pretty funny.
              BAG ON!
              Oh yeah... the night before.... we were in Valdosta at Wild Adventures. Skunk was carrying his year long pass as it is 45 minutes from him. So if I had known he and his family could have come there too and we the truck !!!! Well, next time...
              Last edited by spinsmashpop; 08-18-2009, 04:38 AM.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                But really, Skunk, Tim, and I were fine sweatin' it up in Tim's garage. Time flew.
                Sweatin' is right. It was pretty hot. Great time though, for sure

He stayed the whole time and I brought him behind the kit for the drum solo. I think he filmed it.
                Yep he filmed it, you can't tell in those pictures because they are resize too small, but in one shot, you can see Skunk's head

Then we all hung around for a bit taking pictures. We went upstairs and the band split. I told SKunk to grab all the food sittin around as it is ours and we never take all of. That is what one of the pictures of him holding stuff is all about.
                Skunk scored about 12 pounds of cold cuts and a whole loaf of Texas Toast Danielle says he loves texas toast (Who wouldn't !?!?!)

I am back home in LA for two days and burnt form all the flying and no sleep. I gotta say, Alan Kahn is the man and the king of the bag. His rhythmic skills are so great. And Skunk really has so much power and speed it's stupid. To be a bagger for under a year and get to be around the guys I consider to be the best in the world is pretty killer. And just a few months ago they were guys I watched on the internet for bag inspiration. Now they are bag bros!
                You've made some pretty amazing progress for 1 year, I can say that with complete conviction having seen you punch in person. You've got quite a few things I can't do, and I've been at it for years !

And Skunk is fighting 9.5. I have a real heavy song I showed him that he may use to come out to... "Psyched To Be Psycho". It is the first song I wrote last year when I was thinking of starting a new band; "Speed Bag Dragon". the song is fast, heavy, angry, pissed off and loud....in the vein of Pantera, Slipknot and old Metallica. The lyrics are crazy and a bit juvenile ...but that was the whole point... you're psycho so you don't waht anyone thinks.....It is in demo form now.
                I'm gonna try real hard to get to that fight. I predict a quick KO from the skunk. He's pretty fired up about it.

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

It would be awesome to have a bunch of baggers from the forum at Ringside to cheer the Skunk the victory!

You can do it Zach!! Props to you for standing in the ring. few have the guts to meet the challenge.
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
                    Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

Skunks here to say!!!!

WOW!! What a great time i had with Tim and brian! Such a good time in the garage hitting the bag in the speedbag cage set up!! I hated it in the beginning because when i finally got there i was a little car sick from the long drive. But after about an hour i came out of my shell and started to bag a little more and have LOTS of fun with these guys. Tim is so modest about his bagging skills but soon after i have this video done im working on you will be able to see tim hangin with me and brian at a AWESOME speed as well. These guys look up to me as well as i loook up to them, not only awesome baggers but great people in general. Most the time we where talking speed bag though. lol thats why the girls went inside to enjoy the AC and talk about clothes hahah. I wish we all had more time to sit and bag for many more hours but brian had to get ready to shred some drums up at his show and might i say HOLY SHINIKYES this guys says im crazy on the bag, i was sittin right behind him while he was doin his drum solo and YES I GOT IT ON CAMERA!!!! but wow he is a ANIMAL!! going buck wild on the drums like theres no tomorrow!! Not only was he an awesome guy but all the guys from FOREIGNER were all soooo cool. When the song "I been waiting for a girl like you" Came on they all made little side jokes and hints to me about the new video i posted hahahahahahah was great to be there with all them to jam out. After the concert got to meet everyone up close and personal to take pics and get autographs, but damn they made me feel like a super star as i was dazed meeting them "Hey ur the speedbagskunk" hahahaha im like OMG YALL ARE FOREIGNER. was such a great time. I hope one day we all get to meet again and hit the bag and chill. Next time i hope there can be many more of us baggers there. There are many of you that i have watched and i am amazed with your skills as well. Could yall imagine having 10 of us in a room with 10 speedbags OMG the sound would be great "for us" i dunno about the neighbors hahahaha. I have put a word into everlast ear about getting a meet together so everyone that is interested let me know so that i have a list of speedbaggers that will attend. We will bring the house down, especially if the speedbags are attached to the walls Again i cant thank Tim enough for having us over his place such an awesome dude and great speedbagger. Brian Tichy ur the man! Was great hanging with you. Cant wait to do it again. BTW haahahahaha yeah yeah so i did take all there food and fruit before i left hahaha im still eatin sandwiches. I will be posting more on speedbagforum, TIM has been so kind to do that for me and has made me look like a giant BUTT!!! hahaha i dont blame him i have a few extra mins to post to all my BAG BROTHERS. Sorry for being a stranger, but that will change as of now!! So with that said ima get off here and get to work on the new video/pictures that we have as well. So keep an eye out. I hope i havent left anything out... oh yeah Carol, Even, Cole ahahahaha see tim i told ya id get it. Was good meeting the family of Tim PLatt-Forum. Be talking to all of you soon!

Comment

• SpeedBagScissorhands
                      Spin Master

• Aug 2008

looks and sounds like an awesome time bro- very cool stuff!

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by SpeedBagSkunk View Post
                        WOW!! What a great time i had with Tim and brian! Such a good time in the garage hitting the bag in the speedbag cage set up!!
                        Ditto. That was a day to remember for sure.

Tim is so modest about his bagging skills but soon after i have this video done im working on you will be able to see tim hangin with me and brian at a AWESOME speed as well.
                        Thanks Skunk, that compliment means a lot to me, coming from you.

i was sittin right behind him while he was doin his drum solo and YES I GOT IT ON CAMERA!!!! but wow he is a ANIMAL!! going buck wild on the drums like theres no tomorrow!! Not only was he an awesome guy but all the guys from FOREIGNER were all soooo cool.
                        I'm looking forward to that video...

Could yall imagine having 10 of us in a room with 10 speedbags OMG the sound would be great "for us" i dunno about the neighbors hahahaha. I have put a word into everlast ear about getting a meet together so everyone that is interested let me know so that i have a list of speedbaggers that will attend. We will bring the house down, especially if the speedbags are attached to the walls
                        Yep

Again i cant thank Tim enough for having us over his place such an awesome dude and great speedbagger. Brian Tichy ur the man! Was great hanging with you.
                        You're welcome , and thank you for coming! Believe me it was a thrill to have you both there in the garage bagging on my platform.

I will be posting more on speedbagforum, TIM has been so kind to do that for me and has made me look like a giant BUTT!!! hahaha i dont blame him i have a few extra mins to post to all my BAG BROTHERS. Sorry for being a stranger, but that will change as of now!!
                        Hey - in all seriousness I wasn't trying to make you feel bad. You help hundreds of people on youtube and I know that takes a lot of your time. Your promoting the art of the speed bag, and that's what matters, there's only 24 hours in a day, can't do it all .

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by SpeedBagSkunk View Post
                          WOW!! What a great time i had with Tim and brian! Such a good time in the garage hitting the bag in the speedbag cage set up!! I hated it in the beginning because when i finally got there i was a little car sick from the long drive. But after about an hour i came out of my shell and started to bag a little more and have LOTS of fun with these guys. Tim is so modest about his bagging skills but soon after i have this video done im working on you will be able to see tim hangin with me and brian at a AWESOME speed as well. These guys look up to me as well as i loook up to them, not only awesome baggers but great people in general. Most the time we where talking speed bag though. lol thats why the girls went inside to enjoy the AC and talk about clothes hahah. I wish we all had more time to sit and bag for many more hours but brian had to get ready to shred some drums up at his show and might i say HOLY SHINIKYES this guys says im crazy on the bag, i was sittin right behind him while he was doin his drum solo and YES I GOT IT ON CAMERA!!!! but wow he is a ANIMAL!! going buck wild on the drums like theres no tomorrow!! Not only was he an awesome guy but all the guys from FOREIGNER were all soooo cool. When the song "I been waiting for a girl like you" Came on they all made little side jokes and hints to me about the new video i posted hahahahahahah was great to be there with all them to jam out. After the concert got to meet everyone up close and personal to take pics and get autographs, but damn they made me feel like a super star as i was dazed meeting them "Hey ur the speedbagskunk" hahahaha im like OMG YALL ARE FOREIGNER. was such a great time. I hope one day we all get to meet again and hit the bag and chill. Next time i hope there can be many more of us baggers there. There are many of you that i have watched and i am amazed with your skills as well. Could yall imagine having 10 of us in a room with 10 speedbags OMG the sound would be great "for us" i dunno about the neighbors hahahaha. I have put a word into everlast ear about getting a meet together so everyone that is interested let me know so that i have a list of speedbaggers that will attend. We will bring the house down, especially if the speedbags are attached to the walls Again i cant thank Tim enough for having us over his place such an awesome dude and great speedbagger. Brian Tichy ur the man! Was great hanging with you. Cant wait to do it again. BTW haahahahaha yeah yeah so i did take all there food and fruit before i left hahaha im still eatin sandwiches. I will be posting more on speedbagforum, TIM has been so kind to do that for me and has made me look like a giant BUTT!!! hahaha i dont blame him i have a few extra mins to post to all my BAG BROTHERS. Sorry for being a stranger, but that will change as of now!! So with that said ima get off here and get to work on the new video/pictures that we have as well. So keep an eye out. I hope i havent left anything out... oh yeah Carol, Even, Cole ahahahaha see tim i told ya id get it. Was good meeting the family of Tim PLatt-Forum. Be talking to all of you soon!
                          All I know is that I knew none of you a year ago and I don't join internet forums. This is it. I watched Alan Kahn, Skunk, Dee Pooler, Scissorhands, Paulie D, Tim, Billie Mac and all other speed bag vids like a fan of a rock band! Really! I have put more time into this than I thought I would but I got so into it and I now think that anyone NOT into baggin' is weird! Haha. I am glad I've met a bunch of real cool people via the love of the speed bag. So there I am, one day baggin' in an equipment truck (3 x's so far) with the King, Alan Kahn. Then a few days later I am at Tim's house in the Cage with him and Skunk! And, we are trying to pull off 4 way combos in succession on video!
                          It's all been cool and it's all been fun! And ultimately I hope the fact that Tim started a forum and I am traveling with a bag on tour makes the speed bag that much more popular, cuz Lord knows it should be and deserves it!
                          Once again, Skunk and Tim, (as well as Alan, Biff, and Jordan); you guys rock and I really had a great time hangin'. It's nice to know the world is now a little smaller all in the name of the mighty Speed Bag!!!
                          And I just played Eugene Oregon tonight. Bag Shed Kid aka Toast aka Matt Young came to the show. We are long time friends as he is Billy Idol's security guy and a drum tech for drummers in David Lee Roth, ZZ Top, and No Doubt, among others. We hand to cut it short because the show started at 7, not 8 like normal. I didn't know this until last minute. So we didn't get any pics or vid. But add him to the list of baggers that got in the Speed Bag Truck!
                          I'll try to get some new vid up from the recent hangs soon! BAG ON!!

Comment

• Biff
                            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Tim - Great pix. Looks like you guys had a great time in the "cage", as well as at the concert. Tim, your garage is starting to become as famous as the "Truck." Every bagger will want to bagout in both venues.

Originally posted by speedbagskunk
                            I have put a word into everlast ear about getting a meet together so everyone that is interested let me know so that i have a list of speedbaggers that will attend. We will bring the house down, especially if the speedbags are attached to the walls
                            Skunk, where and when do you think this would take place? If there's anyway I can make, I'll be there.

Originally posted by spinsmashpop
                            Once again, Skunk and Tim, (as well as Alan, Biff, and Jordan); you guys rock and I really had a great time hangin'. It's nice to know the world is now a little smaller all in the name of the mighty Speed Bag!!!
                            BT - Travelling around the country (and world), meeting up with baggers and sharing stories and experiences. It has to make the tour go by much quicker. Thanks for spreading the Bag Love.
                            Last edited by Biff; 08-20-2009, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                              Tim - Great pix. Looks like you guys had a great time in the "cage", as well as at the concert. Tim, your garage is starting to become as famous as the "Truck." Every bagger will want to bagout in both venues.
                              I like the sound of that. Any forum member who finds themselves in ORLANDO ... PM me !!!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...