• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Speed Bag Truck in Michigan

the Speed Bag Truck made a stop in Sterling Heights Michigan , just outside Detroit. Here are some pictures. We had a great time! the bags were jumpin' and the band was rockin. BT and Foreigner put on a killer show.

1. Hanging in the Truck, BT & AK. ( BT meets my Custom Ringside 8x5) I wore my serious speed baggin' shirt.
    2. BT meets the yellow 8x5 Pro-Mex.
    3. a few tips on split fist position
    4. working with one of the foreigner setup crew
    5. Ponzi, the base player for "Flock of Segulls" ( note the stage view just behind him on the left)

Lots of band members and roadies stop in to hit. The truck was just behind the stage and we were punch drumming to several live bands.

Thanks again, BT!! Me and the family had a great time. Hope to catch you in Chicago.
    Attached Files
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Awesome! AWEsome! AWESOME!!!! Chicago!? Where!? H.O.B.? That's nowhere for me. Oct 29 right? I plan on being "sick" that day lol. Guys send me details please. I Googled Foreigner's tour schedule and didn't see Chicago. If you're coming to the Windy City that's for sale(no more Sear's Tower) I gotta make it out any way I can!
    sigpic

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

1. Hanging in the Truck, BT & AK. ( BT meets my Custom Ringside 8x5) I wore my serious speed baggin' shirt.
      That IS a serious speed baggin' shirt!

Lots of band members and roadies stop in to hit. The truck was just behind the stage and we were punch drumming to several live bands.
      Looks like a great time, no wonder you keep going back

Comment

• spinsmashpop
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Yes, we had a good hang! Every time I get together with Alan I end up learning a bunch and figure out new ways to put combos together. He is always super informative and watching his flawless technique rubs off a bit and helps you see how to improve your skills!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
          Yes, we had a good hang! Every time I get together with Alan I end up learning a bunch and figure out new ways to put combos together. He is always super informative and watching his flawless technique rubs off a bit and helps you see how to improve your skills!
          Same for Me. BT mixes speed bag combinations to music in a different groove than me. He "hears" different syncopated speed bag beat combinations and uses different combinations mixes to music than I do, and I constantly say "...I wouldn't have hit to it that way" but his groove is right on beat. That's the magic of his being a drummer. I'm always learning new "one and two measure rhythmic bag grooves" when watching him.

I know it's a bit hard to explain and understand but if you hear the bag beat and combination patterns as a cadence to music, which drummers can do, it is amazing how the bag can be used as a drum. BT will add a whole new dimension to that cause his understanding of rhythm and polyrhythms is far superior to mine. You'll realize that when you hear him voice out the beats (drummer sounds).
          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            Same for Me. BT mixes speed bag combinations to music in a different groove than me. He "hears" different syncopated speed bag beat combinations and uses different combinations mixes to music than I do, and I constantly say "...I wouldn't have hit to it that way" but his groove is right on beat. That's the magic of his being a drummer. I'm always learning new "one and two measure rhythmic bag grooves" when watching him.

I know it's a bit hard to explain and understand but if you hear the bag beat and combination patterns as a cadence to music, which drummers can do, it is amazing how the bag can be used as a drum. BT will add a whole new dimension to that cause his understanding of rhythm and polyrhythms is far superior to mine. You'll realize that when you hear him voice out the beats (drummer sounds).
            AK... your words of encouragement mean a lot. They really do. You and I have a lot in common as far as punch drumming. You are far ahead of me although I know that I can put some stuff together. I was with Tim and the skunk all day today and it was a blast. Skunk is insane like you said. He is a joy to watch. There is no one like him. I didn't even bother with punch drummin.... We were at Tim's house and the speed bag truck was gone.. going to oregon for our next show... I did not know.... we stayed at Tim's..that was great.... Skunk was on the stage filming my solo and all was fun! He will be making a crazy video...... I can't tell y'all how much he owns the bag.... it is stupid.... but AK... he, as well as all of us give you total props for the bible and your amazing punch drum technique!!! IT is nothign short of an honor to have you say anything positive about my baggin.. as I have a real long way to go!!!
            so here here to this addiction!!!!! BAG ON!!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
              AK... your words of encouragement mean a lot. They really do. You and I have a lot in common as far as punch drumming. You are far ahead of me although I know that I can put some stuff together. I was with Tim and the skunk all day today and it was a blast. Skunk is insane like you said. He is a joy to watch. There is no one like him. I didn't even bother with punch drummin.... We were at Tim's house and the speed bag truck was gone.. going to oregon for our next show... I did not know.... we stayed at Tim's..that was great.... Skunk was on the stage filming my solo and all was fun! He will be making a crazy video...... I can't tell y'all how much he owns the bag.... it is stupid.... but AK... he, as well as all of us give you total props for the bible and your amazing punch drum technique!!! IT is nothign short of an honor to have you say anything positive about my baggin.. as I have a real long way to go!!!
              so here here to this addiction!!!!! BAG ON!!
              I'm glad you guys got together. Like I said, you have to experience Skunk's punching "live" to understand how fast he is. Video does not do his baggin' justice. He's throwing some insane combinations at warp speed. I Hope you, Tim and Skunk got some great pictures. I'm Sorry they didn't get to be "in the speed bag truck", so they could sign the board. But the tour isn't over yet. Anyway, next to hanging inside the truck is being seen "in the cage" at Tim's place. That's starting to be Hallowed ground also!
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Michigan

hey BT had a great time in Mich with you and my brother. It was a blast to see you hit the bag and to listen to you two talk baggen. hope we can all get together maybe in Chicago Speedbags brother Con
                Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Jordan
                  • Jun 2009

Wow guys, looks like a great time, must have been cool to have the stage in the background....when I went there was some pretty thick concrete between us and the other performers haha. I'm sure it must be pretty cool to punch drum to live music. -lookin forward to seeing stuff from skunk and tim's visit.

Comment

• Kaju Dog
                    • Jul 2009

Any chance of the SB truck comming through California sometime? would love to meet up with other baggers someday. I fear this is becomming a lost craft in my area.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...