• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Speed Bag Genie!

Howdy....
    Say hello to my little friend... the Speed Bag Genie! I was informed that the Speed Bag Truck was miles away from the Foreigner show in Atlantic City. I still set up the platform in hopes of finding a wall to screw it into...
    No luck, but we did find a Genie manlift! We cable tied and duct taped it up.
    That was good enough for me to get an hour of baggin' in!
    BAG ON!
    I am cracking up as I look at the first picture I posted.... It looks like the most manly speed bag platform ever! All that weight, mass, density, steel and metal for nice little white speed bag! Haha...
    Anyhow....
    I talked to the Speed Bag Skunk the other day! Great guy..funny guy! He and Tim are cruising to the Orlando show! Looking super-forward to meeting them, checking out Tim's "cage" and bagging with him, and also getting a speed bag tsunami in my face from The Skunk! Yeehaw!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by spinsmashpop; 08-02-2009, 02:34 AM. Reason: added more real important info!
  • Dicecedes
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2009

Nice work!

Your creativity almost matches your addiction to the bag! You roll through my neighborhood at the end of the month. Hope the tour is going well.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Dicecedes View Post
      Your creativity almost matches your addiction to the bag! You roll through my neighborhood at the end of the month. Hope the tour is going well.
      Thanks Dicecedes....
      Hey what does that name mean? You sound like a gladiator, or a Roman god or something.... cool name....
      Anyhow....re: coming to your neck of the woods,.....
      Cool! What neighborhood we talkin'? Baghood I hope!!!!!
      Hahahaha! Or maybe Baghdad? Hahahaha!
      Or do you live in Bagwood Forest? AHAHAHAHAHA!
      Anyhow.... let me know and cruise out to the show! We will get some Speed Bag Truckin' goin'!
      BAG ON!

Comment

• BlackCatXIII
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Apr 2009

that would be the coolest lift to use at work; get your 15 minute break bagging. also good way to eat up time on that mandatory one hour lunch. so sick.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Man, that's a trip! You were smokin' that puppy, but I noticed it was really rockin' and rollin' with Side Double Punches. You handled it well, and great ingenuity to make a platform out of that. Better bring your camera to film the Skunker, so you can watch it back in slow motion.

See ya in Detroit, if all goes well.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
            Howdy....
            Say hello to my little friend... the Speed Bag Genie! I was informed that the Speed Bag Truck was miles away from the Foreigner show in Atlantic City. I still set up the platform in hopes of finding a wall to screw it into...
            No luck, but we did find a Genie manlift! We cable tied and duct taped it up.
            Good job macgyver. That looks very solid

I talked to the Speed Bag Skunk the other day! Great guy..funny guy! He and Tim are cruising to the Orlando show! Looking super-forward to meeting them, checking out Tim's "cage" and bagging with him, and also getting a speed bag tsunami in my face from The Skunk! Yeehaw!
            Yes, it's going to be a great time, no doubt about that
            Last edited by Tim; 08-02-2009, 07:47 AM.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by BlackCatXIII View Post
              that would be the coolest lift to use at work; get your 15 minute break bagging. also good way to eat up time on that mandatory one hour lunch. so sick.
              Yeah, totally....

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              Man, that's a trip! You were smokin' that puppy, but I noticed it was really rockin' and rollin' with Side Double Punches. You handled it well, and great ingenuity to make a platform out of that. Better bring your camera to film the Skunker, so you can watch it back in slow motion.
              See ya in Detroit, if all goes well.
              Thanks AK! I have to give cred to our Asst. Tr. Mgr., Eric, for putting taking notice and putting it together. I was ready to give up. But, not entirely.... I was already working on my "wall baggin". I let the platform rest on its side as if the bag was attached straight to a wall. Kind of like the old schoolers were doing in the early 1900's. I forgot to film it when we found the Genie. But it was kind of fun and looked cool.

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              Good job macgyver. That looks very solid.
              Yes, it's going to be a great time, no doubt about that
              It was solid enough with the exception of side punches when it would weeble wobble....
              See ya soon!

Comment

• Dicecedes
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                Thanks Dicecedes....
                Hey what does that name mean? You sound like a gladiator, or a Roman god or something.... cool name....
                Anyhow....re: coming to your neck of the woods,.....
                Cool! What neighborhood we talkin'? Baghood I hope!!!!!
                Hahahaha! Or maybe Baghdad? Hahahaha!
                Or do you live in Bagwood Forest? AHAHAHAHAHA!
                Anyhow.... let me know and cruise out to the show! We will get some Speed Bag Truckin' goin'!
                BAG ON!
                spinsmashpop,

The name does not have a cool meaning. I wish it did. I just brought it over from the mercedes forum. My 3 year old used to try to say daddy's mercedes but it end up dicecedes.

I like in Elk Grove CA which is about 10 minutes from Sac and Lodi.

I'll shoot you a pm when the show gets closer. Would love to see the truck in person. I need a good month of baggin' to be worthy though. Still pretty much a beginner.

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

spinsmashpop,

The name does not have a cool meaning. I wish it did. I just brought it over from the mercedes forum. My 3 year old used to try to say daddy's mercedes but it end up dicecedes.
                  I think that's pretty cool, using the name devised by your three year old.

I like in Elk Grove CA which is about 10 minutes from Sac and Lodi.

I'll shoot you a pm when the show gets closer. Would love to see the truck in person. I need a good month of baggin' to be worthy though. Still pretty much a beginner.
                  I'm gonna take a stab at saying it don't work like that. Not speaking for SMP, but the only requirement I've seen needed to get "in the speed bag truck" is to have baggin' in your heart, not the amount of skill in your hands. The times I've been in the truck, we had roadies, back stage guests, passerby's and a few folks who "heard the cool sound coming from the truck" all got to step in and take a few swings. The energy in the area is usually pretty electric and everyone has been in good moods. As a beginner, SMP will be able to teach you a few things also. He's moving his hands all around the bag very nicely and understands how it works. You will be amazed at how fast you will learn when you experience it "live", instead of on video. Hope you get to hook up at the show.
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

spinsmashpop,
                    Dicecedes, that name is great. It has a real meaning and story behind it.
                    We had a crow named Sadie that the kids as 1-2 year olds would simply call "Dee Dee". Well that became her name.
                    The sign on the truck says "All Baggers Welcome". I think anyone that is into bagging enough to own one or join the forum is interesting. This ain't no fad. We are all interested in this bag thing and we dedicate time to it that most don't. We could stay on line longer, or do a million other things, but we gotta bag!
                    See you soon at the Speed Bag Truck!

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                    I think that's pretty cool, using the name devised by your three year old.
                    I'm gonna take a stab at saying it don't work like that. Not speaking for SMP, but the only requirement I've seen needed to get "in the speed bag truck" is to have baggin' in your heart, not the amount of skill in your hands. The times I've been in the truck, we had roadies, back stage guests, passerby's and a few folks who "heard the cool sound coming from the truck" all got to step in and take a few swings. The energy in the area is usually pretty electric and everyone has been in good moods. As a beginner, SMP will be able to teach you a few things also. He's moving his hands all around the bag very nicely and understands how it works. You will be amazed at how fast you will learn when you experience it "live", instead of on video. Hope you get to hook up at the show.
                    Speedbag is right. People dig checking it out and giving it a try. The only problem is that I don't have 2 platforms up. But now, our crew has a bigger truck ( a semi) with more room and we can leave the platform and bag up 24/7! BAG ON!

Comment

• Biff
                      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

I guess the old saying, "Necessity is the mother of invention", certainly applies in your case. You really are addicted.

Tim's a great guy and his cage has it all, a great bagging workout spot.

Will Zach make it to Tim's, or is he meeting you at the HOB?

Make sure someone takes some video of the 3 of you bangin' on the bag.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                        I guess the old saying, "Necessity is the mother of invention", certainly applies in your case. You really are addicted.

Tim's a great guy and his cage has it all, a great bagging workout spot.

Will Zach make it to Tim's, or is he meeting you at the HOB?

Make sure someone takes some video of the 3 of you bangin' on the bag.
                        Hey Bif.. don't know if Skunk will make Tim's... we'll see what time he gets to town...
                        We will video....
                        And....today at the gig... Jordan (a member here) and his buds Josh and Ashley came down and we hung around the bag for hours...got some vid and pics....It was at a fair in Columbus, Ohio. There were lots of police around. one officer came up through the backstage and saw us baggin. He made some comment I couldn't here and then I offered to let him give it a punch. He had the basic FCP together pretty good. He watched for a sec then split. I told him to come back. It was cool anyhow.....
                        Most dudes walking around usually stop and check it out. I of course will offer a chance to anyone interested as I wish I myself had that offer when I didn't know what I was doing....
                        BAG ON!

Comment

• Jordan
                          • Jun 2009

Yeah we had a great time, I got to learn a lot from spin, as well as get some free foreigner gear haha. I got some pics as well I'll post soon.

Comment

• metaldad
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Apr 2007

Thar's awesome
                            sigpic

Comment

• Tim
                              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                              Yeah we had a great time, I got to learn a lot from spin, as well as get some free foreigner gear haha. I got some pics as well I'll post soon.
                              I would like to see the pics... sounds like a great time.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...