• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackCatXIII
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2009

ADD Two Video Game

Ok so I did a rock climbing class and in the bouldering section of the gym the instructor had everyone in the class play "ADD TWO". He started out the route which was six holds and everyone had to do said route and add two holds onto it until either no one could do it due to increasing difficulty or only one person could do it in the end. Thus one person gets crowned and then the game restarts and a new challenging route is created. So just putting that out there since everyone likes to watch new videos of the bag.
    So rules for it would be-
    Rule 1- titles of threads: “Speed Bag Add Two - 1”, title consecutively i.e-“Speed Bag Add Two - 2”; for starting out a new route once its decided no one can do said routine and some one is crowned king/queen of said route.
    Rule 2- must be in speed bag term written form when posting video to showcase the added two hits; i.e-
    L L R R
    FSP FCP FSP FCP
    next post:
    L L R R - RL RLRLR
    FSP FCP FSP FCP - FDP F-Roll

I thought this might be a fun game for those who enjoy posting videos and to also have a continuous update of videos; and hopefully get spiced up routines to really challenge people. Who knows maybe there might be a 101 combination routine everyone can do. Also for fun count how many times it took you to get the route down before you posted the video of your added two (1st try? 51sttry?) Ok that’s my two cents; stop reading this and get to bagging sir’s & mam’s.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Great idea, and for those that play - you will soon face the challenge of writing combinations from all sides of the bag (you did not say combinations were limited to the front....). With a little practice you will find it can be challenging to write them because there are often several ways to write more complex combinations using the sides and reverse areas.

Also, for the newest addition of advanced combinations, you will find challenges, for instance. The under elbow "shadow punch", which is really just a Front Straight Punch (FSP) performed under the elbow of the other arm (yes, a Front Circle Punch (FCP) will work but it's easier for me using the FSP)

I am adapting my abbreviation of the FSP or FCP to indicate that by using:

(FSP-U) or (FCP-U), indicating it is "Under" the elbow. Otherwise, how would you know? and example is below:

..L.........L...........R.............L................R
    FSP ' ' ' FCP ' ' ' FSP ' ' ' (FSP-U) ' ' ' (O-DES) ' ' '
    .................................................. .....e-f

The above combination has the Right Fist hitting a FSP, which brings the right arm across the face and sets up the elbow for the outward elbow position. As the right elbow gets in position, the Left fist can do a FSP "under" the right elbow. At least that is the easiest way for me to do this.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also, I've seen numerous "double bump" or double hit elbow strikes, which would really be called "advanced" elbow strike since the elbow hits twice in a row from the same side with one rebound inbetween. But how would you know that? Say, in an Outward-Triple Elbow Strike (O-TES) you add a double hit on the leading elbow, so instead of the technique being "Elbow-Fist,Fist" with one rebound in between, it becomes "Elbow-Elbow-Fist-Fist". It's not really a 4-way strike because one part hits twice in the technique. I have decided to show this in my three line abbreviation system as:

..L\R-R
    (O-TES)
    ..e2\f-f.................... note: I added the "2" underneath = 2 elbow hits.

I could also add the two (or 3...) to any "e" or "f" in the line to indicate another hit. for instance

..L\R-R
    (O-TES)
    ..e\f-f2
    .................... note: I added the "2" underneath = 2 fist hits by the last fist in the technique, which might be in FSP or FCP position. either way, it will double hit the bag with one rebound inbetween.

I seen a few baggers doing these double hit elbows in all the elbow strikes (inwards, outwards and downwards) and I have decided this would be the easiest way to write that variation.

Downward-Triple Elbow Strike

..L\R-R
    (D-TES)
    ..F\e2-f ..... this indicates a Fist/elbow-elbow, fist order of contact.

This now allows me to write combinations using these advanced adaptions. This way, I can write out anything I see others do that I haven't really done before. It works easily for the double, triple and four way elbow techniques.

I have been working on that a lot lately. Punching out things, then writing them down. Should I come out with a "second edition" of the Speed Bag Bible, I would add these notations to the advanced chapter, with a few practice combo's.

So "add two", and write 'em down if you can use the system. (If you can't, I'll try to correct the notation if you don't mind....)
    Last edited by Speedbag; 07-17-2009, 01:56 AM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
    Working...