X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dax_q
    • Jan 2008

Not sure I agree with this guy

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Yea, me either.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• deano
      Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

how the speedbag should not be hit

he missed out the word not in his title

Comment

• riqal
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2006

He should at least keep his hands up if he insists on hiting the bag like that.

Comment

• doublefist
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jun 2009

Not sure of this technique

Comment

• Kaju Dog
            • Jul 2009

Snafu

Whateva... Not impressed

Comment

• spinsmashpop
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

I'm no boxer and never have been even though I find it extremely intriguing. But anytime I've read about, had some teaching by an Australian kickboxing champ on the road with years ago, or more recently by a bud who is getting all into boxing, or watched any video on someone discussing the art of boxing/punching (most recently some awesome youtube instructional clips by the amazing Bas Ruten), the first thing everyone says is.....
              KEEP YOUR HANDS UP AT ALL TIMES AND PROTECT YOURSELF!
              RULE #1! Muhammad Ali would eventually put his gloves up but he had a very unique techinque, just like Prince Naseem did. But they are exceptions....
              If you are going to work on the speed bag like that, shouldn't you be paying attention to ALL things pertinent to working on that style????
              He wrote, "I'm tired of seeing videos where people just do their speed bag techniques, and don't throw any real punches. This is how you should always hit the speed bag. It helps build speed, and power."
              Yes, maybe you are building speed and power but you are gtting real used to your hands being at your side. You become an invitation for a KO party!
              BAG ON!

Comment

• Kyle
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Nov 2006

i feel like with his techinque he will need many replacement bladders but hey all power to him! little does he know there are MANY different ways to hit a speed bag
                ________
                HOMEADE VAPORIZER
                Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• Kaju Dog
                  • Jul 2009

Nicely put

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                  i feel like with his techinque he will need many replacement bladders but hey all power to him! little does he know there are MANY different ways to hit a speed bag
                  How right you are. Unfortunately there are a lot of people that train this way. The SB bladder at the base gym had to be replaced so often that they just quit providing them. Now if you want to bag there, you have to bring your own.

Just the way it is... It reminds me of how often I must tell new students that "Focus Mits" are not to be hit like a heavy bag, otherwise they would have been called something else (Like heavy bag mits).

Ican't be too critical, I was there once... but thank God I had a good teacher to guide me in the right direction early.

Woof,
                  KD

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...