X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

I was curious if you incorporate any other aspects of Wing Chun in your training i.e. wooden dummy, sticking hands?
    sigpic

Comment

• Kaju Dog
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
      I was curious if you incorporate any other aspects of Wing Chun in your training i.e. wooden dummy, sticking hands?
      Chi Sao (Sticking/y Hands) is practiced in almost every one of our classes. Sometimes traditional, most times a modified version. (ie with multiple players, transitioning from one to another and sometimes working with two people at the same time) My instructor was big into WC for mahy years before he moved to Kajukenbo, so we do have that influence added to our flavor of Kaj. Lots of trapping and center line drills also.

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Kaju Dog View Post
        Chi Sao (Sticking/y Hands) is practiced in almost every one of our classes. Sometimes traditional, most times a modified version. (ie with multiple players, transitioning from one to another and sometimes working with two people at the same time) My instructor was big into WC for mahy years before he moved to Kajukenbo, so we do have that influence added to our flavor of Kaj. Lots of trapping and center line drills also.
        That's awesome! I still practice the Sil Lum Tao form as regularly as I can. I haven't advanced to Chum Kil, Bil Jee or Chi Sao. I also prctice the basics on the Wooden Dummy (actually a homemade PVC Dummy!) As you can see I'm into Wing Chun a bit lol. I'm actually training on my own. (Time and $$$ a HUGE factor these days)Are there schools or instructors that teach your art outside of California? I'm always intrigued by anyone who incororates WC or any principle of WC.
        Last edited by metaldad; 07-27-2009, 11:53 AM. Reason: spelling
        sigpic

Comment

• Kaju Dog
          • Jul 2009

Kajukenbo schools:

METALDAD,

Thanks for your interest and I'm glad to see we have some similar interests

Here is a link to more info: (Scroll down near the bottom for schools. We are in over 30 countries)

Hope to cross paths some day and share more...

Woof,
          KD

Comment

• metaldad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2007

Thanks for the info

Thanks alot Kajudog. I do hope our paths cross someday.
            sigpic

Comment

• Kivi
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Oct 2020

I recently bought my girlfriend a phone

Comment

• BagBoy
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Kivi View Post
                I recently bought my girlfriend a phone
                867 5309?
                Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• pinzpirate
                  • Feb 2020

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post

867 5309?
                  One of my Ex's actually had that number in the early eighties
                  Her name wasn't Jenny so she told everyone who found her number on the wall WRONG NUMBER!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...