• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Better Late Then Never

Otherwise known as Better Late THAN Never.

Here are a few pics taken from the Foreigner tour as they passed through PA in May. As you know, spinsmashpop plays drums for the group and these pix were taken with his camera, since some dunce left his in the car.

The SB Truck was on its way to Texas, so I didn't have the opportunity to "bag in the back" of it, but Brian and I found a small boxing gym nearby and spent some time under the board (pic 1).

After the concert, which was awesome BTW, my family and I met up with BT for a little BS session and some pix. (pic 2) Also, Mick Jones, founder of the band, took some time out for a pic with all of us (pic 3).

As I mentioned before, Brian is a great guy, one helluva drummer, and a pretty d@mn good bagger. Thanks again BT and hope to spend some time in the Truck later this summer in Atlantic City.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Biff; 06-13-2009, 06:30 PM. Reason: Can't spell
  • The Baggist
    Vert Baggin' Master
    • May 2009

Cool BIFF!............A couple of days ago I was flipping through the channels and caught the end of a VIVA LA BAM episode (the one with BILLY IDOL) and believe I seen B.T.!!!!!

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Looks great.

Looks like Foreigner is coming to Orlando in August Details are still being worked out, but we'll definitely have something going on.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        Looks great.

Looks like Foreigner is coming to Orlando in August Details are still being worked out, but we'll definitely have something going on.
        For me, it was an awesome experience in Dallas, May 9, Punching to music with BT in the truck to the following bands.

6:00 PM
        T Bird & the Breaks

7:30 PM
        Scott McCurry & the Mercenaries

9:00 PM
        Bowling for Soup

The truck was backed up to the rear of the main stage and we could hear every song really well. From about 6-9:45pm We both swapped off hitting to different songs. I've never hit to live music before and it was a great experience.

This tour of Foreigner and "the speed bag truck" may become a legend in modern speed bag history, especially if enough baggers can get in on it. 2009 may become the "year of the truck", as well as the "year of the bag".

Ten years from now baggers may ask: "..where you in the truck?"

The best answer is: "Yes".
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Kyle
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2006

looks like a great time...id love to see him if he came to the toronto area but dont think he is
          ________
          AngelxFace
          Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:50 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
            looks like a great time...id love to see him if he came to the toronto area but dont think he is
            Looks like time for a Road Trip? They will be in NY state in October, starting 10-1-09 in Westbury NY.

Actually, Looks like Detroit August 12th (Sterling Heights, MI) is closer.
            Last edited by Speedbag; 06-18-2009, 06:54 AM.
            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Biff View Post
              Otherwise known as Better Late THAN Never.

Here are a few pics taken from the Foreigner tour as they passed through PA in May. As you know, spinsmashpop plays drums for the group and these pix were taken with his camera, since some dunce left his in the car.

The SB Truck was on its way to Texas, so I didn't have the opportunity to "bag in the back" of it, but Brian and I found a small boxing gym nearby and spent some time under the board (pic 1).

After the concert, which was awesome BTW, my family and I met up with BT for a little BS session and some pix. (pic 2) Also, Mick Jones, founder of the band, took some time out for a pic with all of us (pic 3).

As I mentioned before, Brian is a great guy, one helluva drummer, and a pretty d@mn good bagger. Thanks again BT and hope to spend some time in the Truck later this summer in Atlantic City.
              Cool Biff! See you in AC!

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
              Cool BIFF!............A couple of days ago I was flipping through the channels and caught the end of a VIVA LA BAM episode (the one with BILLY IDOL) and believe I seen B.T.!!!!!
              YEs, that was AC in 2005, It's cool to know that some of the songs Billy and write have ended up in TV shows and stuff....
              Originally posted by Tim View Post
              Looks great.

Yes, we should be getting footage in your cage as well as in the truck!
              Looking forward to it!

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              For me, it was an awesome experience in Dallas, May 9, Punching to music with BT in the truck to the following bands.

6:00 PM
              T Bird & the Breaks

7:30 PM
              Scott McCurry & the Mercenaries

9:00 PM
              Bowling for Soup

The truck was backed up to the rear of the main stage and we could hear every song really well. From about 6-9:45pm We both swapped off hitting to different songs. I've never hit to live music before and it was a great experience.

This tour of Foreigner and "the speed bag truck" may become a legend in modern speed bag history, especially if enough baggers can get in on it. 2009 may become the "year of the truck", as well as the "year of the bag".

Ten years from now baggers may ask: "..where you in the truck?"

The best answer is: "Yes".
              Yeah, it is a unique occasion. The rock band loads out the equipment and lo and behold, the Speed Bag Truck is there in all its glory!

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
              Cruise to Detroit!

Looks like time for a Road Trip? They will be in NY state in October, starting 10-1-09 in Westbury NY.

Actually, Looks like Detroit August 12th (Sterling Heights, MI) is closer.
              Hope to see you there Speedbag!!!!!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

..Actually, Looks like Detroit August 12th (Sterling Heights, MI) is closer.
                Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post

Cruise to Detroit!

Hope to see you there Speedbag!!!!!
                Bank on it, BT! Look for Me and my Brother, and perhaps my nephew. If it all works out we'll be coming over from Grand Rapids MI. the day before (Aug 11). Here's hoping the band gets in early. It's gonna be another trip to Rock & Roll heaven.

Freedomhill Amphitheatre
                Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...