• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Baggist
    Vert Baggin' Master
    • May 2009

Cool way to stop the bag

I could never figure out a cool way to bring the bag to a dead stop. I was watching some of my vid footage and seen what I thought was just another screw up, but what it was was an (I-DES)'(O-DES) while following and grabbing the bag with the opposite hand. The first part is me just working on it , the second footage(white bag) is where I first noticed it. Probably been done before but its new to me......
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
    I could never figure out a cool way to bring the bag to a dead stop. I was watching some of my vid footage and seen what I thought was just another screw up, but what it was was an (I-DES)'(O-DES) while following and grabbing the bag with the opposite hand. The first part is me just working on it , the second footage(white bag) is where I first noticed it. Probably been done before but its new to me......
    Cool smooth move!! But I am still way impressed with your overall bagging technique!
    BAG ON!

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
      Cool smooth move!! But I am still way impressed with your overall bagging technique!
      BAG ON!
      Me too.

The "stop" looks like the 3rd part of a Side-Triple Elbow Strike (S-TES), with the outward Elbow-Fist connecting and the last part (2nd fist - Side Single Punch) comes in open, to grab the bag up high over the belly to stop it.

It is a cool visual, especially after the Inward Double Elbow Strike (I-DES) techique. The one rebound connection is very admirable, particular after the inward elbow connection. That "Elbow ' Elbow" is really a tough Double bump and you do it very well!
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• The Baggist
        Vert Baggin' Master
        • May 2009

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
        BAG ON!
        LIKEWISE SSP!!! never seen anyone advance as fast as you!!!!!!
        Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        Me too.

The "stop" looks like the 3rd part of a Side-Triple Elbow Strike (S-TES), with the outward Elbow-Fist connecting and the last part (2nd fist - Side Single Punch) comes in open, to grab the bag up high over the belly to stop it.

It is a cool visual, especially after the Inward Double Elbow Strike (I-DES) techique. The one rebound connection is very admirable, particular after the inward elbow connection. That "Elbow ' Elbow" is really a tough Double bump and you do it very well!
        THANK YOU for breaking that down ALAN, as I posted before I still have a hard time putting combos down on paper. Even though I own your book and have learned so much, it seems my A.D.D. kicks in. I think I'm just comprehensively challenged. I'm still working on some of the other combos you recommended, also some of that 3 punch monty stuff, and punching to music. I hope to mix it up a little more next time....... Once again ALAN, It's PRICELESS to have your HELP and INPUT, HIGHLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

LIKEWISE SSP!!! never seen anyone advance as fast as you!!!!!!

THANK YOU for breaking that down ALAN, as I posted before I still have a hard time putting combos down on paper. Even though I own your book and have learned so much, it seems my A.D.D. kicks in. I think I'm just comprehensively challenged. I'm still working on some of the other combos you recommended, also some of that 3 punch monty stuff, and punching to music. I hope to mix it up a little more next time....... Once again ALAN, It's PRICELESS to have your HELP and INPUT, HIGHLY APPRECIATED!!!!!
          No problem. You describe what you're doing and I'll write 'em for you. With many of these advanced combinations there are multiple ways to write them. It will get easier to write after awhile, but I'm glad to help.

Everyone has their own distinct style on the bag and your's is very original.
          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2007

Looking good man!! I've got that same Everlast platform.
            sigpic

Comment

• The Baggist
              Vert Baggin' Master
              • May 2009

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
              Looking good man!! I've got that same Everlast platform.
              THANKS METALDAD!.....Yeah I really like that setup. It has a nice thick platform and looks classy for the price.....my only complaint is it sets a little close to the wall so every once in a while my knuckle catches the wall....no pain no gain!!!!

Comment

• colonel
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Jun 2009

wow good work. how long have you been doing the speed bag?

Comment

• dax_q
                  • Jan 2008

This is the best I have seen. Watch this guy stop the bag against the board with a straight punch.
                  Dax

Comment

• The Baggist
                    Vert Baggin' Master
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by colonel View Post
                    wow good work. how long have you been doing the speed bag?
                    Thanks COLONEL and welcome to the forum. I've been baggin on and off for three years now.
                    Originally posted by dax_q View Post
                    This is the best I have seen. Watch this guy stop the bag against the board with a straight punch.
                    Dax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X2JYns7LNg
                    Cool Vid......HENRIX231 has some sick moves!!!

Comment

• Tim
                      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Baggist,
                      Is that white bag the Fighting Sports?

Comment

• The Baggist
                        Vert Baggin' Master
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                        Baggist,
                        Is that white bag the Fighting Sports?

http://store.titleboxing.com/fightin...speed-bag.html
                        Yeah TIM that's the Fighting Sports 8x5. It's a Good bag..... I know I read some past posts about it being pretty much the yellow Title bag in disguise($10 cheaper), but I've always wanted a white bag! Now all I need is a white Tux!!!...ha ha.....PEACE

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Yeah TIM that's the Fighting Sports 8x5. It's a Good bag..... I know I read some past posts about it being pretty much the yellow Title bag in disguise($10 cheaper), but I've always wanted a white bag! Now all I need is a white Tux!!!...ha ha.....PEACE
                          Looks good. I've got the black and white fighting sports. I hope the white part stays clean...

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                            Looks good. I've got the black and white fighting sports. I hope the white part stays clean...
                            Good luck on that....

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

BTW Baggist, that (I-DES)'(O-DES) move is cool. I've been practicing that a bit after seeing your vid.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...