• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Baggist
    Vert Baggin' Master
    • May 2009

First Vid

Hello SPEED BAG FORUM, thought I'd quit lurking and post a vid. It's just crappy cell phone clips for now. The bag is a tiny Rival 6x4. Thanks to all who post, help, and inspire others and Tim for putting in the hard work to build and maintain this GREAT FORUM!!!!!!!!

Thanks All
    Daniel

Last edited by The Baggist; 05-14-2009, 01:12 AM. Reason: video link wrong
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
    Hello SPEED BAG FORUM, thought I'd quit lurking and post a vid. It's just crappy cell phone clips for now. The bag is a tiny Rival 6x4. Thanks to all who post, help, and inspire others and Tim for putting in the hard work to build and maintain this GREAT FORUM!!!!!!!!

Thanks All
    Daniel

Hot Diggity Dang! That was badass! Smooth elbows hits! Inwards are hard! I wish you could repost that same clip with the bag audio only. It is so much more fun to really hear the bag! But nonetheless, that clip was flawless and full on pro! Please don't tell us you've only been baggin' for a couple months or something. If so, then man, you must sleep 3 hours a night and spend the rest of your time baggin!
    Great job. Weren't you throwing in elbows within a fist roll? I thought I saw that. I will watch again....Oh..I think it's Inward fist/elbow within a fist roll? Or is it a right elbow after a left FCP? Super smooth!!
    And the Double Bumps on a single elbow are killer! That's very Dee Pooler-ish and Skunk has a new clip with that Double Bump stuff that he is flying with. Where did you get that from, or did you think of it yourself? That's my favorite newest punch....And the double bumps on a single fist front and back are superb!!
    BAG ON!

Comment

• Biff
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Damn, John Wayne is in the house. The Baggist, is that like "The Shootist?" Like SSP said, if you've only been baggin for a short time, you've picked up an impressive punch repertoire. How long have you been at it?

Irregardless, great job. Look forward to more of your vids and input.

Hey BT, you may have some vobagularist competition; Daniel's photo album is called "Baggizm."

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

That is amazing bagwork, showing great control of some very complicated combinations. Like Spinsmashpop mentions, speed bag without the bag sound makes it very difficult to fully appreciate. I did notice some very nice Front Fist Rolling (F-Rolll) to Side Single Punch (SSP) after one rebound, ( or actually, making the last punch of the F-Roll a SSP).

Just one suggestion on that F-Roll ' SSP combo. The Reverse Single Punch (RSP) can easily follow a Side Single Punch after one rebound, and that RSP can be the first punch of a Reverse Double Punch (RDP) or a Reverse Fist Roll (R-Roll). So you can now do:

F-Roll ' SSP ' RDP.

and the Fist Roll is:

F-Roll ' SSP ' R-Roll, and the effect is, you just "rolled" your fist rolling around the bag from the front to the back. It looks really cool and you certainly have the skill to do it. Fist wise, it would be like this:

Front - Side -Reverse
        R-L-R-L- R -L-R-L-R.....

(remember, that SMP. You did it in the Truck...)

Great skills, man. Those inward elbows are killers.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• The Baggist
          Vert Baggin' Master
          • May 2009

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
          Hot Diggity Dang! That was badass! Smooth elbows hits! Inwards are hard! I wish you could repost that same clip with the bag audio only. It is so much more fun to really hear the bag! But nonetheless, that clip was flawless and full on pro! Please don't tell us you've only been baggin' for a couple months or something. If so, then man, you must sleep 3 hours a night and spend the rest of your time baggin!
          Great job. Weren't you throwing in elbows within a fist roll? I thought I saw that. I will watch again....Oh..I think it's Inward fist/elbow within a fist roll? Or is it a right elbow after a left FCP? Super smooth!!
          And the Double Bumps on a single elbow are killer! That's very Dee Pooler-ish and Skunk has a new clip with that Double Bump stuff that he is flying with. Where did you get that from, or did you think of it yourself? That's my favorite newest punch....And the double bumps on a single fist front and back are superb!!
          BAG ON!
          Thanks so much for the comments SpinSmashPop! I do apologize to all for the crappy quality. I don't have a Video cam yet so I was messin around with my pic cam which takes 60 seconds of vid but no sound. As far as combos go there is one in which I throw what is basically a one arm 4-way elbow strike. I-DES to O-DES. This can be linked to the fist roll. I think i did this one when the screen splits 4-ways. Probably not in the vid but you can do the same combo but with a D-DES to I-DES. Another fun one is continuous O-TES to D-TES to I-TES, this one also works well incorporated with fist rolls. As far as where it all came from, sometimes just when I think I made up a new one someone some where has already did it and did it better!!!!!!! Some one like Alan Kahn or Doris De Green or Johnny Pal.

Comment

• The Baggist
            Vert Baggin' Master
            • May 2009

Originally posted by Biff View Post
            Damn, John Wayne is in the house. The Baggist, is that like "The Shootist?" Like SSP said, if you've only been baggin for a short time, you've picked up an impressive punch repertoire. How long have you been at it?

Irregardless, great job. Look forward to more of your vids and input.

Hey BT, you may have some vobagularist competition; Daniel's photo album is called "Baggizm."
            Hello Biff, DRAW!!!!! lol!! I wasn't trying to portray the "gunslinger" but I kinda like that! It was more along the lines of Battle Djs Calling themselves TurnTable-ists which I guess is pretty much the same thing and they probably got it from THE DUKE! ha ha. I've had a Drum up for I think about three years now hitting on and off with not much results until New Year's Day 2009. I hung a platform in the room I always hang out in, I told myself concentrate mainly on the back of the bag. Trying anything I could do from the front on the back. It improved my bagging greatly! Next thing I new elbows, fist rolls, and crazy combos just starting coming from all angles! Now I am trying to concentrate from the sides a lot. Thanks for the positive feedback!

Comment

• The Baggist
              Vert Baggin' Master
              • May 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              That is amazing bagwork, showing great control of some very complicated combinations. Like Spinsmashpop mentions, speed bag without the bag sound makes it very difficult to fully appreciate. I did notice some very nice Front Fist Rolling (F-Rolll) to Side Single Punch (SSP) after one rebound, ( or actually, making the last punch of the F-Roll a SSP).

Just one suggestion on that F-Roll ' SSP combo. The Reverse Single Punch (RSP) can easily follow a Side Single Punch after one rebound, and that RSP can be the first punch of a Reverse Double Punch (RDP) or a Reverse Fist Roll (R-Roll). So you can now do:

F-Roll ' SSP ' RDP.

and the Fist Roll is:

F-Roll ' SSP ' R-Roll, and the effect is, you just "rolled" your fist rolling around the bag from the front to the back. It looks really cool and you certainly have the skill to do it. Fist wise, it would be like this:

Front - Side -Reverse
              R-L-R-L- R -L-R-L-R.....

(remember, that SMP. You did it in the Truck...)

Great skills, man. Those inward elbows are killers.
              Another reason to love this forum!! Being coached by the BEST OF THE BEST!! I'm on it Alan. Maybe I'll be able to pull it off in the next vid(with sound)!!! THANK YOU

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Another reason to love this forum!! Being coached by the BEST OF THE BEST!! I'm on it Alan. Maybe I'll be able to pull it off in the next vid(with sound)!!! THANK YOU
                With your control I'm betting you pull it off on the first or second attempt.

For the SSP, it will feel a lot like you're doing a RSP, so to make it more of a definite SIDE contact, I like to drag my side contact fist across my chest a bit to the opposite eye (right fist to under left eye). While this happens, the other fist ducks under to the RSP. Do it using the same force and speed in all punches. You don't have to "hurry" to pull it off, because it works due to the rebound angles. When you do it fast it almost looks like going F-Roll ' ' R-Roll, but the SSP will keep it all one rebound.

And the truth is: You Can also do a F-Roll ' R-Roll combo: But the first punch of the R-Roll with land on the bag when it is going in the same direction as the fist, (toward your face...).

Normally, in all techniques and combinations, the bag and fists are moving in opposite directions at contact, but There is no law saying your fist can't hit the bag when they are both going in the same direction, but usually most people miss at that point. When this happens, the bag will angle up in the rebound, and the fist (going in the same direction..) will pass under, smacking yourself in the face of chest, which is always good for a laugh. Clipping the bag correctly in this manuever takes extreme timing, (and a bit of luck to do it on a regular basis) but it can be done.

(* tip: Wear you're mouth piece if your gonna try this. You've been warned.)
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Murph
                  • Jan 2009

Ok I'm a little late on this vid....It's sick your killin it....ok i got sepultura and even aesop (seen him perform twice in nyc) from your vids but this tune is new to me who is it? i dig it...

Comment

• metaldad
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2007

Hey baggist great stuff! I've been holding out for a new video camera since joining the forum. Seeing your cell phone vid is giving the gumption to finally try posting my own vid. It won't be as good as yours but at least I will finally post one!!
                    sigpic

Comment

• The Baggist
                      Vert Baggin' Master
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by Murph View Post
                      Ok I'm a little late on this vid....It's sick your killin it....ok i got sepultura and even aesop (seen him perform twice in nyc) from your vids but this tune is new to me who is it? i dig it...
                      Hey MURPH THANKS......... I have also seen AESOP a few times around S.F. and Sacramento......That whole crew is AWESOME!!! The artist in the vid is THE GROUCH and it is the title track off the album called Success is Destiny...I recommend any of his old stuff especially an album called They Don't Have This. If you can't find it locally in your area P.M. me and I'll see about getting them for you.
                      Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                      Hey baggist great stuff! I've been holding out for a new video camera since joining the forum. Seeing your cell phone vid is giving the gumption to finally try posting my own vid. It won't be as good as yours but at least I will finally post one!!
                      THANKS METALDAD......you have the coolest name. I like a lot of different music but OLD METAL is definately one of my FAVES........LOOKING FORWARD to seeing some METALDAD FOOTAGE!!!!!!! Also if you have a Digital PHOTO camera usually they are capable of at least a minute of video. Since I started taping a few weeks ago and watching the footage I feel like I have already improved a lot........GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Comment

• Murph
                        • Jan 2009

THE GROUCH cool I'm defiantly gonna check that out...
                        Man those doubles are really impressive...

F**K THATS A 6x4!! (yhea I'm late on that too) Ok when your new camera is up and good you need to make some how to vids on that run because that stuff is nuts man.
                        Last edited by Murph; 06-01-2009, 09:23 PM. Reason: 6x4 what!

Comment

• metaldad
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Apr 2007

THANKS METALDAD......you have the coolest name. I like a lot of different music but OLD METAL is definately one of my FAVES........LOOKING FORWARD to seeing some METALDAD FOOTAGE!!!!!!! Also if you have a Digital PHOTO camera usually they are capable of at least a minute of video. Since I started taping a few weeks ago and watching the footage I feel like I have already improved a lot........GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
                          You're welcome! Thanks for the props on my name. I'm a HUGE fan of Metal!! Old school(Metallica, Megadeth, Exodus,Slayer, Testament!!!) new(Chimaira!!), Death Metal (Cannibal CROPSE!!!!!!!), Speed Metal, Thrash, Grindcore,...even some of the old rap-metal crossover(Stuck Mojo, OneMinuteSilence, RATM,Primer 55) Man I could go on and on....I got and old digital camera that takes crappy 30 second video footage so I won't be using that, but as soon as I can I'll be using my cell phone and try to post something.
                          sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...