X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teetu
    • Aug 2006

First Video

I finally got around to making my first video. I've been speed bagging for over a month now, and have watched the speed bag bible dvd and ready through the first 5 chapters of the book. I want to get a firm grasp on the basic techiniques before moving on to more advanced techniques (eventually I want to be able to do everything in the SBB!).

So, the only tecniques in the video are the fcp, fsp, fdp, and f-roll. So far I'm comfortable mixing up the FDP with different combinations of fcps and fsp, but I'm not very smooth at throwing f-rolls in. Sorry for the quality, but I only have a digital camera.

So please tell me what I need to work on! When I'm doing the fdp it doesn't seem rushed, but when I watch/hear the video it does.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • BillyMack
    • Sep 2006

That's a sweet drum....and nice technique, you seem very comfortable with what you are practicing. Maybe get more of your body in the shot next time so we can see your shoulders and that pretty beard of yours!

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

1st Video

Nice Rhythm. Pretty good mix of the techniques, but I didn't hear a continuous, alternating Front Double Punch ' ' ' Front Double Punch

I did hear, FDP, two punches inbetween, then FDP, 1 punch but never the FDP-FDP.

Actually, it is difficult to make suggestions on technique or make any helpful observations with a tightly cropped board shot. If you can, widen your lens a little to put most or all of your upper body into the shot, so your shoulders and arms are more visible. Any errors as far as position, swinging, angles, etc. will be easier to see.

But your rhythm sound clean. No mishits on the swivel or late punches until the Fist Roll.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Teetu
        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        Nice Rhythm. Pretty good mix of the techniques, but I didn't hear a continuous, alternating Front Double Punch ' ' ' Front Double Punch

I did hear, FDP, two punches inbetween, then FDP, 1 punch but never the FDP-FDP.

Actually, it is difficult to make suggestions on technique or make any helpful observations with a tightly cropped board shot. If you can, widen your lens a little to put most or all of your upper body into the shot, so your shoulders and arms are more visible. Any errors as far as position, swinging, angles, etc. will be easier to see.

But your rhythm sound clean. No mishits on the swivel or late punches until the Fist Roll.
        I made a new video that has a wider shot with more shoulder action for Alan and more beard for Billy! I'm not too good at continuous fdps yet- but I'm working on it. I put some continous fdps in the new video, but as you can see they aren't too fluid.

Thanks for the feedback thus far!

second video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYr6beeYMjs

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Second video teetu

HHmmm. Good rhythm, good arm position, not bag swing but It looks like your contact on the bag is a smidge below the belly and your connecting in a downward angle, rather than on the outward fist extension. It sounds like a clean hit, but just looks like a more downward angle than I like, and a little lower contact point. I'd rather see the fist connect straight, and then go down and circle after the bag is hit. Looks like your connecting after it begins to drop and circle. But it is working of you, so I wouldn't suggest any crazy alterations in anything. Just a little more time practicing. Maybe adjust your distance a little closer to the bag, so the fist will connect earlier in your swing.

But I like the hand rotations after the Front Double Punches. They change positions very nice.

By the way, My wife says your a bearded ringer for Adam Rodriguez Who is Erik DelKo on CSI Miami
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Teetu
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            HHmmm. Good rhythm, good arm position, not bag swing but It looks like your contact on the bag is a smidge below the belly and your connecting in a downward angle, rather than on the outward fist extension. It sounds like a clean hit, but just looks like a more downward angle than I like, and a little lower contact point. I'd rather see the fist connect straight, and then go down and circle after the bag is hit. Looks like your connecting after it begins to drop and circle. But it is working of you, so I wouldn't suggest any crazy alterations in anything. Just a little more time practicing. Maybe adjust your distance a little closer to the bag, so the fist will connect earlier in your swing.

But I like the hand rotations after the Front Double Punches. They change positions very nice.

By the way, My wife says your a bearded ringer for Adam Rodriguez Who is Erik DelKo on CSI Miami
            Thanks a million Alan! I knew something wasn't terribly wrong, but that something was just a little off.

I'm not familiar with CSI, but I'll take that as a compliment! Thanks!

Comment

• Tim
              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Teetu View Post
              I got a message "removed by user", I guess you took it down?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...